Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DOJO] Clan Rank Barriers and NPC Decoration

Wawus

Swazdo-lah!, fellow Tenno!

It's been a while since we have seen anything major done with Dojo, but recent update with new decorations and coming updates with lighting, obstacle course and Kingpin Mode give us hope. I dare to throw two ideas on my own and see what you think about it.

1. Clan Rank Barriers

I've been playing Warframe on and off since 2013 and I have seen countless times people abusing clans just to get MR fodders or these few hard earned blueprints. Clans have ranking system for a reason, to distinguish newcomers from devoted members. I always wanted to have a VIP only area for a head of clan and option to limit access to newcomers so they don't abuse others work and grind. I propose that we add as functional decoration barriers known from Relays that would allow to go through only members from rank X and up.

Poorly made visualisation:

Spoiler

gaH82pO.jpg

4fq9evr.jpg

2. Animated NPC

Following idea of functional decoration, I'd love to spark some life in dead halls of my Dojo. When all Tenno are fighting for a cause spread across Solar System, it would be nice to have some company of fellow fighters. Also, I just finished building Dojo's Cafe Kuvana and I simply need a waitress. What do you think, wouldn't it be nice if we did add NPC's with customisable animations (in a same manner as articulas, instead of pose and enemy type - animation loop and suit)?

Another visualisation:

Spoiler

SxxMi4z.jpg

4Zc9gGY.jpg

vRx3g9k.jpg

I'd love to hear your opinions!

On 5/8/2018 at 6:04 AM, Wawus said:

Clan Rank Barriers

Or you can, you know, put some thoughts into who you are inviting into your clan if you're that sensitive about your clanmates' MR. Bonus points for renaming your clan into "Snobbery McSnobberface". 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

As far as I know, NPCs are going to be a thing in Dojos, I can't remember what Devstream they said it in tho.

However I am so down for Barriers 

Yeah, they did discuss it when I asked on a devstream, so glad to see that they really listen to community!

Barriers have been brought to attention quite few times since creating this topic, I believe that it will eventually happen in one way or another 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-02 at 7:21 PM, Wawus said:

Yeah, they did discuss it when I asked on a devstream, so glad to see that they really listen to community!

Barriers have been brought to attention quite few times since creating this topic, I believe that it will eventually happen in one way or another 🙂

Still hoping we get such