Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

re: new uranus defense map

UncaIroh

1. Yey I don't have to run around to one of 4 spots on the map... which was annoying but not overly so.

2. We don't have the high ground almost 100% of the time. Seriously, why do the the tenno choose some of the worst positions? We're also surrounded by cover that can be used by the grineer. We can't funnel, the only real option is to bring defensive frames like frost, volt, or zephyr to block incoming fire.

To players who kept complaining about this map:

They FIXED syndicate missions on this map. The old one spawned 8 medallions/seeds/datum/etc, which is among the EASIEST to find. Congratulations on making your farming harder. I was ok with this tradeoff, annoying mechanics for guaranteed complete medallions.

Edited by UncaIroh

28 minutes ago, UncaIroh said:

Seriously, why do the the tenno choose some of the worst positions?

Quoth the Lotus, "Our position has been compromised"

We didn't choose these positions, the Grineer chose them for us, that's why they suck so much

54 minutes ago, UncaIroh said:

1. Yey I don't have to run around to one of 4 spots on the map... which was annoying but not overly so.

2. We don't have the high ground almost 100% of the time. Seriously, why do the the tenno choose some of the worst positions? We're also surrounded by cover that can be used by the grineer. We can't funnel, the only real option is to bring defensive frames like frost, volt, or zephyr to block incoming fire.

To players who kept complaining about this map:

They FIXED syndicate missions on this map. The old one spawned 8 medallions/seeds/datum/etc, which is among the EASIEST to find. Congratulations on making your farming harder. I was ok with this tradeoff, annoying mechanics for guaranteed complete medallions.

We didn't choose where the equip we need to defend was installed. The Grineer did.

I don't buy the whole "Grineer chose them for us" argument. The basic idea of the new map is we're conducting sabotage (similar to earth sabotage). We're somewhere in a grineer base, and Lotus couldn't find another more defensible access point?

At the very least they could make it less like shooting fish in a barrel for the grineer.

Edited by UncaIroh

On 2018-05-09 at 6:15 PM, UncaIroh said:

I don't buy the whole "Grineer chose them for us" argument. The basic idea of the new map is we're conducting sabotage (similar to earth sabotage). We're somewhere in a grineer base, and Lotus couldn't find another more defensible access point?

At the very least they could make it less like shooting fish in a barrel for the grineer.

Again, the Grineer chose that point for their equipment that we're sabotaging. Since it's so mission-critical for them, they probably WOULD put it in a spot where they have the high ground and full visual clearance and advantageous firing positions, and anyone trying to sabotage it does not