Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A change to how we do relics

mutt93

I wanted to put this out there simply becuase its my idea on how to change/maybe improve it.  Instead of takeing a relic into the fissure mission and cracking it with 10 reactant (and wasting all other reactant that drops. hell they could drop a hundred and only using 10's a major waste.) collect reactant or traces or whatever you want to rename them to and use them to open relics on board your ship. yes it may mean reducing the drop rate on reactant and some rework on the interactions (say 25 to open it as an intact, 50-exceptional 75-flawless 100-radiant. or even tailor it to the class as well so opening an axi radiant is double a lith radiant cost) thats just my idea given how many undoubtedly drop during a standard 30 round defense mission verses how many we actually get to open and how many we can refine back on our ship. feel free to point out flaws you see or whatnot i just wanted to put my idea out there as a possibility. i have over 700 hours into this game so its not like ima guit anytime soon just what in my head at least would make defense missions feel less like pissing into the wind for all the reward that comes out of the time required.

def missions are about 5min for 5 waves, captures take like 3 minutes or less most the time, choose what relic missions your doing more closely if you want to save time, your idea just draws it out even further and makes it even more annoying to collect reactants, dropping reactant rates and upping the amount needed is counter intuitive, you can run like 20 relic capture missions an hour as it is

Biggest problem with this is that DE actually wants players to, you know, play various missions when new relics drop.
With your idea in place after a few days I would be sitting on thousands of reactant and any time a new PA drops I would be able to buy a ton of the relics from syndicates, turn them to radiants, and instantly crack them all without having to play a single mission.  Which is not something that DE wants to happen.
They really don't want more resource situations where older players don't have to play anything and yet can research/build without having to do any farming, and this idea would 100% lead to that.

30 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I'd just like to see Prime farming return to Void only. It used to feel so ominous with the music and the setting.

And I would rather not be forced to stare at the same tileset for hours upon hours upon hours upon hours upon hours each time a new prime drops.  Definitely not my idea of fun with very few tiles, very few enemy types, and absolutely no variation at all...
I honestly don't see why people would want to return to something that boring.

19 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

And I would rather not be forced to stare at the same tileset for hours upon hours upon hours upon hours upon hours each time a new prime drops.  Definitely not my idea of fun with very few tiles, very few enemy types, and absolutely no variation at all...
I honestly don't see why people would want to return to something that boring. 

Because of the feels. The nostalgia. The dread. You're where you're not supposed to be, where you can't go whenever you please. And when you're there there are mindless hordes controlled by something called the Mind Sentry (wtf), ominous music plays, there's the grandiose and divinity of the Orokin, as if walking on Olympus.

Compare that to fissures happening all over solar system (why?). It just feels so random and unstable, a constant problem of space and time being fractured for no reason other than mission diversity. It loses all sense of awe that the Void Tile offers.