Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Eidolon lenses with standing

Woefke

Now that we can buy Wisps with standing, could we also get Eidolon lenses for standing?
I'm burning out doing bounties and relying on RNG to get one.
At least with standing, i can spread my time, a few bounties, some mining, some fishing.

14 minutes ago, Woefke said:

Now that we can buy Wisps with standing, could we also get Eidolon lenses for standing?
I'm burning out doing bounties and relying on RNG to get one.
At least with standing, i can spread my time, a few bounties, some mining, some fishing.

But how would you get Standing, if not running the high-tier bounties that reward Eidolon lenses?

not going to happen, it defeats the purpose of running bountys if you can just get them with standing, DE want you to do bountys not the opposite

3 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

But how would you get Standing, if not running the high-tier bounties that reward Eidolon lenses?

called fishing, takes 5m to get daily limit with fish

Edited by xXHobbitXx

1 hour ago, xXHobbitXx said:

not going to happen, it defeats the purpose of running bountys if you can just get them with standing, DE want you to do bountys not the opposite

called fishing, takes 5m to get daily limit with fish

I wouldn't say that, it merely gives an alternative syndicate that can potentially offer them - and given how expensive a single wisp is being priced at, it likely won't be the best deal here either - and doesn't replace the other. Though I would contend further that given focus in general and how using a lens locks one into a particular weapon or warframe, it might be better to have Eidolon Lens be more common in the first place.

5 hours ago, Urlan said:

I wouldn't say that, it merely gives an alternative syndicate that can potentially offer them - and given how expensive a single wisp is being priced at, it likely won't be the best deal here either - and doesn't replace the other. Though I would contend further that given focus in general and how using a lens locks one into a particular weapon or warframe, it might be better to have Eidolon Lens be more common in the first place.

its not going to happen, they dont want them to be common as i already stated, they want you to play to acquire them, promotes an active gaming environment, wisps are not even similar, you can acquire 150-200 in 1 night cycle by farming them, no one is locked into using anything, you choose to use those things,not other way around, an active player would have/will acquire more eidolon lens/greater lens then you will ever need as it is, the variety or lack of is up to the player in equipment they use

Edited by xXHobbitXx

19 hours ago, xXHobbitXx said:

its not going to happen, they dont want them to be common as i already stated, they want you to play to acquire them, promotes an active gaming environment, wisps are not even similar, you can acquire 150-200 in 1 night cycle by farming them, no one is locked into using anything, you choose to use those things,not other way around, an active player would have/will acquire more eidolon lens/greater lens then you will ever need as it is, the variety or lack of is up to the player in equipment they use

Oh, I doubt it would happen, but not because it promotes an "active play environment" which is less than logical, when a carrot is unattainable or feels so more importantly it no longer serves as motivation for the mule or in this case, player. This is basic psychology and is not really refutable by saying 'no, its good' essentially. You might notice, that you haven't said anything prior anymore - one has to love that - but no, for purposes of this discussion, wisps are a valid comparison as they can be gathered sure - rarely - but Quill offers them for a substantial markup for one wisp.

What one chooses to do is hardly what one is presented by luck and rng. I am glad that you haven't had to experience this however! I have acquired Eidolon Lens, but to put into perspective, that was more than 100 of those max bounties or more per Eidolon Lens blueprint. Lets also examine this further since you were implying that this is a matter of an 'active' player putting in the time: how many Eidolon Lens do you have constructed so far?

5 hours ago, Urlan said:

What one chooses to do is hardly what one is presented by luck and rng. I am glad that you haven't had to experience this however! I have acquired Eidolon Lens, but to put into perspective, that was more than 100 of those max bounties or more per Eidolon Lens blueprint. Lets also examine this further since you were implying that this is a matter of an 'active' player putting in the time: how many Eidolon Lens do you have constructed so far?

over 40, 1 on almost every frame and a bunch of weapons, which by the way is completely irrelevant as i dont need focus anymore, didnt even need focus when tridolons came out, but they were certainly easy to acquire without trading, if your running 100 missions to get 1 lens, rng just flat out hates you sorry to say 🙂 i did plains alot when it 1st came out, havent done a single bounty since the 1st plague star event many many months ago 🙂 They dropped really frequently, and yes it promotes active gameplay, because you have to "actively take part in bountys to acquire them" , i dont think i need to explain that any further, its common sense, just checked, i even have eidolon lens bps left to use, just no normal lens to make greater lens and no need to acquire them  unless they can come up with a reason to acquire focus anymore as i have over 75m excess as is, with everything maxed, and im sure 1000s of other players are in same boat as me, and the 375k focus cap gets used up so that is just going to increase daily

5 hours ago, Urlan said:

when a carrot is unattainable or feels so more importantly it no longer serves as motivation for the mule or in this case, player.

that proverbial carrot you mention has had you playing warframe for 6600 hrs according to your profile, and over 2500 hrs for me. its more what you choose to do with the hrs you invest in game, if people want eidolon lens they will get them , you obviously choose not to and spend your ingame hrs doing other things, which is your choice, for example at present i choose to do elite onslaught daily at present to acquire the 1 part that i havent acquired yet, lato bp, and will do it til i get it, i could just as easily buy it on market, but i actively take part in playing to acquire it

since you asked

Edited by xXHobbitXx

15 hours ago, xXHobbitXx said:

over 40, 1 on almost every frame and a bunch of weapons, which by the way is completely irrelevant as i dont need focus anymore, didnt even need focus when tridolons came out, but they were certainly easy to acquire without trading, if your running 100 missions to get 1 lens, rng just flat out hates you sorry to say 🙂 i did plains alot when it 1st came out, havent done a single bounty since the 1st plague star event many many months ago 🙂 They dropped really frequently, and yes it promotes active gameplay, because you have to "actively take part in bountys to acquire them" , i dont think i need to explain that any further, its common sense, just checked, i even have eidolon lens bps left to use, just no normal lens to make greater lens and no need to acquire them  unless they can come up with a reason to acquire focus anymore as i have over 75m excess as is, with everything maxed, and im sure 1000s of other players are in same boat as me, and the 375k focus cap gets used up so that is just going to increase daily

that proverbial carrot you mention has had you playing warframe for 6600 hrs according to your profile, and over 2500 hrs for me. its more what you choose to do with the hrs you invest in game, if people want eidolon lens they will get them , you obviously choose not to and spend your ingame hrs doing other things, which is your choice, for example at present i choose to do elite onslaught daily at present to acquire the 1 part that i havent acquired yet, lato bp, and will do it til i get it, i could just as easily buy it on market, but i actively take part in playing to acquire it

since you asked

An impressive amount of EIdolon Lens! Indeed, from all those Plains missions, with like I said an average of 100 bounty runs from Konzu per Eidolon Blueprint, I have only about 23-24. Course, it does seem that rng favors you with your reduced amount of play considering its .around 8% drop chance. That said, you are confusing a grind wall with the carrot. I play because two main reasons, I like the game idea and DE as a company for the most part and hope the game succeeds so I continue playing hoping that it can have or keep something to retain fun - which it hasn't in recent years honestly but that is another topic - and I enjoy playing with allies or helping players. What things represent is a grind wall. In fact, most of the Plains have no purpose outside Zaws/Exodia and Amps/Virtuos/Magus from Quill. The time invested is not the carrot, the reward worth investing that time is. I play because I want to see the game become good, to show its potential. For some of my allies in the past, it was obtaining certain Primes - and they quit when they got them from me - as the path of their trying to get them on their own had poisoned any experience of fun the game retained. Essentially for them, the carrot was too far to be worth continuing for, as there were more primes - they could see them - but they had so little chance to get the once they wanted, they only got them because I traded them the things. Things that promote gameplay are modes and rewards that a player can enjoy or want to do. Just like the example of the carrot earlier, its something the player might want but if is all there is, and it can not reasonably be obtained, it ceases to have a draw. In game design, this is dangerous as if the gameplay isn't engaging and you only have the carrot, it will not have any draw once claimed or dismissed. The time we invest is how much of the game we are willing to have in our lives, how much we are willing to spend. To be worth that time, the game needs to continue to be worth it.

I think you will find, when you have invested the time; that things like a weapon part/blueprint are not enough reason alone to do something, mastery rank not a draw, and mechanics like Focus rely on building up to a critical mass of Lenses as by design, focus tends to lock the player into particular gear and warframes or risk wasting the lens and destroying them. For the most part if I quit, I would have no reason to ever return; much like around 80 of my friends in Warframe - some quit in Specters of the Rail and never returned - I can't blame them but its sad to me that the game changed enough to remove what they could enjoy in the game. For me, it is helping players, and seeing the game improve and I have seen recent changes that have been stagnant to say the least, regressive, and avoiding the point. I have three focus schools maxed, much like your hitting your head against Elite Onslaught, I try to get it my way and while I easily have enough Brilliant Shards to max the nodes I want that way; I run the survivals, defenses, and interceptions since those are the missions I mostly enjoyed in the past. Onslaught doesn't really hold any appeal to me, it feels a worse balanced survival that should be a series of timed Exterminates - Smash TV - with temp power-ups and all. Instead we have a situation that seems to push either playing 'meta' builds or with full teams of preset allied teams. Try doing it solo! Normal gear load-outs are not going to last more than 2, maybe 3 rewards and certainly not to rotation C. But either way, I am glad that Rng favors you.