The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firemode augments?

Fallen_Echo

Today i was looking throught my inventory and with great sadness i concluded that the sole reason i dont use some of my weapons because they are soo damm boring.

Dullness overwhelms me every time i pick up another semi-auto/full auto rifle, hitscan shotgun or simple pistol.

So i was thinking about why dont DE makes alt-fire mods what can change how a weapon behaves to spice up our equipment?

Im sure something like this already exist on the development builds where they can change how a weapon shots to test out what feels good.

For example heres how i imagined the shotgun conversation:

Depending on the gun a full auto weapon because those mostly deal low damage the shotgun mode should simply decrease the magsize to 10% of the original and count up that ammo to make the pellet count.

This on the soma prime would mean that the soma would shoot out 20 pellets in total with a single shot having a max magazine size of 20.

Applying a semi-auto or burst conversation mod would always mean increased crit and status chances and higher stability plus accuracy but drastically decreased magsize and max ammo.

This would be a great way to breath new life to many of the weapons we have and finally make the arsenal less dull.

But I mean ... we already have a large variety of weapons for all firing modes,
what do we actually gain from, say, turning Tigris into a full-auto weapon instead of just using a Braton?

(Other than the weapon model and reload animation making no sense whatsoever anymore lol.)

1 minute ago, NinjaZeku said:

But I mean ... we already have a large variety of weapons for all firing modes,
what do we actually gain from, say, turning Tigris into a full-auto weapon instead of just using a Braton?

No damage falloff for example if you turn it into a full-auto rifle.

If you turn it into a full-auto shotgun it would decrease the max ammo pool but increase the magsize.

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

(Other than the weapon model and reload animation making no sense whatsoever anymore lol.)

Have you ever put magsize mods on it? It simply doesnt make sense.

With some improvements like giving it slug type "projectile" it could look legit.

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

No damage falloff for example if you turn it into a full-auto rifle.

Braton & co don't have falloff damage by default, so again, what's the advantage?

I ... guess you save on weapon slots? (But then per-weapon Config slots become more heavily contested.)

Edited by NinjaZeku