Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Hammers Great Again

ShiraHagane

Title is just for the memes.

With the coming Melee 3.0, can we see some changes to get hammers up to par with their big beefy brothers, the heavy blades?

As it stand, hammer stances have very little mobility and few multipliers, and what mobility they do have is jarring and can't be controlled very well.  Compare this to Tempo Royale with its fluid, paced combos, or the slower cleaving whirlwind, with its steady, rhythmic movement and mighty damage bonus.

I'd love to see more horizontal swings, similar to cleaving whirlwind, mixed with the slam attacks hammers are famous for.

I hope that, along with the stat changes, kills with the hammers result in corpse launches (about on par with current hammers after putting blast damage on them) to give them more of a hammer feel (who doesn't like playing baseball using mooks)

41 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

Title is just for the memes.

With the coming Melee 3.0, can we see some changes to get hammers up to par with their big beefy brothers, the heavy blades?

As it stand, hammer stances have very little mobility and few multipliers, and what mobility they do have is jarring and can't be controlled very well.  Compare this to Tempo Royale with its fluid, paced combos, or the slower cleaving whirlwind, with its steady, rhythmic movement and mighty damage bonus.

I'd love to see more horizontal swings, similar to cleaving whirlwind, mixed with the slam attacks hammers are famous for.

Again? Hammers were never great... shaking my head at you. shaking my head boyyyyy

i'm kidding

Hammers are already on par with heavy blades. Arca Titron, Volnus and Jat are just as good as heavy blades right now on higher levels, each with side benefits such as guaranteed, CO fueling electric procs (Titron) and in place KDs for group ground finishers (Volnus) (or long range KDs if that's desired on Jat) that heavy blades don't have. In addition, when talking heavy blades, it's really just Galatine Prime, and in the case of that prime access $$ generator, its weak riven disposition already balances it out.

19 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

Hammers are already on par with heavy blades. Arca Titron, Volnus and Jat are just as good as heavy blades right now on higher levels, each with side benefits such as guaranteed, CO fueling electric procs (Titron) and in place KDs for group ground finishers (Volnus) (or long range KDs if that's desired on Jat) that heavy blades don't have. In addition, when talking heavy blades, it's really just Galatine Prime, and in the case of that prime access $$ generator, its weak riven disposition already balances it out.

um, when did i say anything about the stats or effects of hammers or heavy blades?

Edited by ShiraHagane

It's a bit of a shame that a lot of interesting/awesome melee weapons Like the Jat Kittag, Arca Triton, Sancti Magistar, etc. have the misfortune of using hammer stances, 'cause boy oh boy do I loathe them. Hammers just feel like they have the worst qualities of light and heavy melee weapons without the benefits: they feel sluggish even with attack speed mods, yet their range and damage doesn't seem to reflect that. So yeah, I would love for hammers to either get a speed buff to make them feel more like practical middle-ground weapons, or actually get a range/damage buff to make them feel like legit heavy weapons.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

15 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

um, when did i say anything about the stats or effects of hammers or heavy blades?

You know you are right. I didn't realize you were limiting to just stances. It would be nice to see new stances or updated stances for hammers, scythes, staves, -and- heavy blades all.