Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U 22.20: Constantly getting stuck on mission loading screens - Can barely play

ThePharros

SOLUTION: iPeer was able to narrow down the issue to being related to the recent W10 update. His post is as follows:

I've been having this issue too, and for me it seems to be caused by alt-tabbing the game while Windows 10's Focus Assist feature is enabled in Win10 1803. Textures fail to load, icons for frames, weapons, crafting components will fail to load in their respective UIs (including the foundry), and, of course, missions will just hang at the load screen.

You can fix the issue for the most part (though it will still have very occasionally) by disabling focus mode, to do that:

1. Open the windows 10 settings UI by pressing WinKey+I (If you don't have a WinKey, you can open it by either going to your start menu and pressing the settings button (above the shutdown one), or clicking the notifications button and pressing "All settings").
  2. Go to "System".
  3. Go to "Focus assist"
  4. Turn everything in that section to off.
  5. If you the game is running when you do this, you might need to restart it.

UPDATE: I'm not sure if this is a direct cause or a catalyst, but it appears that alt tabbing guarantees a loading screen lockup, even if you are not in a loading screen. For example, I can be in Orbiter, alt tab, then go on a mission 5 minutes later and that screen will hang every time.

Ever since the update, about 70% of the time I try to run a mission the loading bar will stay full and I will be in the Orbiter loading screen indefinitely. This forces me to force close the game and restart, and just hope it doesn't happen again when I relaunch it.

Normally I don't mind waiting for a fix, but I currently have a booster that is going to waste because I can barely play any missions since yesterday's update... Is there currently any information on workarounds or if this issue is being investigated? Also, is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by ThePharros
Solution

I've been having this issue too, and for me it seems to be caused by alt-tabbing the game while Windows 10's Focus Assist feature is enabled in Win10 1803. Textures fail to load, icons for frames, weapons, crafting components will fail to load in their respective UIs (including the foundry), and, of course, missions will just hang at the load screen.

You can fix the issue for the most part (though it will still have very occasionally) by disabling focus mode, to do that:

1. Open the windows 10 settings UI by pressing WinKey+I (If you don't have a WinKey, you can open it by either going to your start menu and pressing the settings button (above the shutdown one), or clicking the notifications button and pressing "All settings").
  2. Go to "System".
  3. Go to "Focus assist"
Edited by iPeer
Note about restarting the game

53 minutes ago, iPeer said:

2. Go to "System".
  3. Go to "Focus assist"

I tried this as I have the issues you do, restarted Warframe... still getting the issue. Only started happening since the last update too! (not the Hotfix)

This worked for me:

In Warframe Launcher go to Configurations (gear icon) and disable DirectX10.

Game doesn't hang on mission loading screen and textures are working fine (GTX 750Ti with everything on High and GPU particles on Ludicrous).

Edited by YoutaMottenai

1 hour ago, iPeer said:

2. Go to "System".
  3. Go to "Focus assist"

THANK YOU. This seems to have fixed it. It did seem harder to crack down since W10 updated at the same time as DE's update. I will update my post.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been noticing this a lot too. +1 on the textures being weird and blurry. Even asked a friend if it was "just me" when on same lobby and was having same thing. And this was in the dojo not the space ship.

Edited by Iggy1eco