Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL SUGGESTION: Skip Cutscenes/Cinematics

rpgfiend

I would like to suggest a Skip Cutscene/Cinematic option with the following values:

• Always - no need for further explanation.
  • Already Viewed - always skips cutscenes/cinematics you've already viewed.

My goal here is to speed up the time it takes to get into missions/destinations without sacrificing new content/experiences.

Thanks!

Edited by rpgfiend
to more accurately encompass subject

Interesting idea. We should only able to skip cutscenes if we’ve already completed that thing that has the cutscene. If not completed, then there should be no option to skip. For example, The Sacrifice is most likely going to have cutscences in it, once we replay the quest, there should be an option to skip the cutscenes. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

1 hour ago, rpgfiend said:

I would like to suggest a Skip Cutscene option with the following values:

• Always - no need for further explanation.
  • Already Viewed - always skips cutscenes you've already viewed.

My goal here is to speed up the time it takes to get into missions/destinations without sacrificing new content/experiences.

Thanks!

Would you rather a black screen for the duration? Those cutscenes aren't playing "just because".

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Would you rather a black screen for the duration? Those cutscenes aren't playing "just because".

The loading screen with the progress bar is where the loading takes place, if you ESC and skip the cinematic then you are in the mission.

2 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Interesting idea. We should only able to skip cutscenes if we’ve already completed that thing that has the cutscene. If not completed, then there should be no option to skip. For example, The Sacrifice is most likely going to have cutscences in it, once we replay the quest, there should be an option to skip the cutscenes. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Well I think the option to always skip should be there, if people chose to possibly miss out on content then they should be able to choose that. Likewise the option should be there for people who want the content but not over and over and over every time we go to a mission or a relay.

6 minutes ago, rpgfiend said:

The loading screen with the progress bar is where the loading takes place, if you ESC and skip the cinematic then you are in the mission.

Ever wonder why the 2nd cutscene doesn't always skip immediately after telling it to skip it?