Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small Rework Idea - Quick Melee

VanFanel1980mx

So, there are times when players don't equip stuff in all slots, namely weapons, is rare to see a player with no melee weapon at all but it happens, regardless, what if quick melee used your firearms instead of unsheathing your melee weapon? or, in case you don't have one equipped at least allowed you to do some rifle bash, pistol handle strike, bow swipe/arrow stab (like TF2 Sniper's taunt), etc., it would of course not have a very complex or elaborate combo system, just something more graphically "seamless" and separate from the actual melee system.

An alternative would be to provide a default Agile/Noble one-two quick melee just in case, is just an idea of course.

This would definitely be nice. I always bring a melee weapon, even if it is completely unranked and useless for fighting whatever enemies I am up against, just so I don't have to waste ammo breaking boxes.

There is already a set of unarmed melee attacks that you use before you find any weapons in the mission where you get captured by Zanuka. Even though it is nearly useless for actually fighting anything, it is still nice for knockdowns and opening boxes. Simply letting us use those if we don't bring a melee weapon would work perfectly, and it would barely take any work to implement. it could even let us go completely unarmed into normal missions if we really wanted to.