Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Change It Back!

StarFox900

I just return after a while and finding this out is horrible, I hate it so much. It doesn't make any sense at all... before it was easy to use. I think I will come back a few weeks later and see if this have change or at least let us have the old one as an option if you wanna push this one to new players.

DE are you trolling gamepad user? if you are. Glad I made you laugh a bit.

On the whole I'm always in favor of attention being paid to this, but we're in a very bad place right now since X/Y-axis alignment, acceleration and other elements are simply broken.
No idea what happened, but gameplay is suffering a great deal as a result. 

That's not taking into account the unclear variables with sensitivity - if I didn't have a mouse next to me with a DPI toggle set to half of normal, my fishing and mining career in the Plains would never have gotten off the ground. (Don't get me started on AW.)

Frankly, I wish several problems with controller support had been resolved before they tried to integrate the UI changes with controller use. What we have now is the worst of both worlds. 
While that obviously wan't intended, it can get frustrating to be in perpetual beta where the norm is one step forward, two steps back before things get resolved.   

I understand that this change may be in preparation for the new ui, but pin point/mouse controls on controllers have ALWAYS been clunky vs buttons having mapped shortcuts and I'm sure I will continue to feel the same when the new update comes out.

The old system was better and had a lot of potential to be even greater. They just need to try and work on expanding remapping options and flexibility with the old system.

On 2018-05-20 at 8:25 AM, d1ld0bAgg1n5 said:

If i could play piano i still wouldn't same thing with m/k if i could i still wouldn't. That is like saying you could either drive 1000 miles or you could walk 1000 miles why would you walk. BTW walk=m/k 

Exactly. We choose to play controller because that's what we're comfortable with, and that's how we wanna roll. This change has been a huge inconvenience and has given me some bugs that I never had before. Like my frame will start running without me even touching the stick. The way it is now is pretty ridiculous and is frustrating me beyond belief. 

They say their trying to launch a new UI in June? Well, I'll play enough for my charger to live till then and I won't play till after they fix it. 

Edited by Hydrakkulus
Typography

I did find it easier to use a controller before the updates, but think it should be alright with some tweeks.  I'm not sure how you guys were doing it, but I'm able to use the controller to perform actions I couldn't before and the button indicators are nice.  On menus it would be good to have it back the way it was though and trying to use the chat is real rough now.

• 2 years later...