Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shard Black Pigment Farming Issue

.Scythe.

Question

In the most recent update where they have added new dojo colors I've set out to collect the pigments required to add black to my dojo color scheme. When I did this it started out like they always do I get the pigments from every other target killed or every few killed. After I've collected 80/250 I've killed about 50 Edilon Vomulyst (forget the correct spelling) and not a single one has dropped ANY amount of the pigment. I know they only show up at night and only on the plains I've done nothing differently than how I started farming them and when I go back to my dojo it's still up there at the panel saying 80/250 pigments. 

It's stupid to even think this but I'm at a complete loss as to why I cannot get ANYMORE so I'm trying to figure this out...

Is there a limit as to how many you can get per day? 

Or is it just a bug? 

This is ridiculous I'm trying to finally build my clan up and cant even get the final touches done to it's dojo... there's always something. 

Edited by .Scythe.
Autocorret is trash

10 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, .Scythe. said:

In the most recent update where they have added new dojo colors I've set out to collect the pigments required to add black to my dojo color scheme. When I did this it started out like they always do I get the pigments from every other target killed or every few killed. After I've collected 80/250 I've killed about 50 Edilon Vomulyst (forget the correct spelling) and not a single one has dropped ANY amount of the pigment. I know they only show up at night and only on the plains I've done nothing differently than how I started farming them and when I go back to my dojo it's still up there at the panel saying 80/250 pigments. 

It's stupid to even think this but I'm at a complete loss as to why I cannot get ANYMORE so I'm trying to figure this out...

Is there a limit as to how many you can get per day? 

Or is it just a bug? 

This is ridiculous I'm trying to finally build my clan up and cant even get the final touches done to it's dojo... threes always something. 

its some visual bug that, most of time, doesnt show the item/pigment when u pick them up, but you still get them anyway. 

There's no limit, i got all of them in 2 runs, during eidolons hunts

PRO TIP - use  IVARA 3rd skill

maybe an item radar or just pump up your vaccum

This color is actually the easier one to get from the new set of colors.

Also... your clan mates can go drop them too...

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

No this is no visual bug I Don't have any I can contribute. and my clan is very small and only consists of me and 2 others currently. Whom of which do not yet have the Tenno ability so they cannot kill the Vom's with me nor on their own.

So this has to be a bug that they just do not want to drop. 

Edited by .Scythe.
My fingers are broken

I think they might have broken it with the Friday patch. Thursday night I spend most of 2 night cycles on the plains and got 140/250 of the pigments. I've gotten zero playing last night and tonight since the 22.20.3 patch.

Edited by Hobie-wan

I've been farming for black also here has been my results.... (solo, just going after vorma, farming till morning.)

80 vorma - 5 pigments

98 vorma - 8 pigment

80 vorma - 4 pigment

Thats with Nekro desocrate running and a smeeta kavat.  I only need 8 more drops to finish... So about another 1-2 runs.   

But the drop rate is somewhere around 10% ??

I have not tried fighting an eido to see what happens yet.  I know you get tons of cores and kill tons of vorma but I dont want to waste my night time lol.  I go into the plains solo and I do mess with the Eido when im near him cuz he usually has 2 vorma near him but I im not in my eido killing gear.   Whats funny is how freaking far he moves around at night and if you strip his shields and piss him off and then run away to like the opposite side of the map and then find him again later he is still pissed off and will start attacking you lol.   

it is a bug, im sure of it . i farmed for the black shard pigment yesterday, and in the hour that i farmed i only had 10 shards, although the graphic for them droped loads of times, it didnt registered i had picked them up, only ever counted the first drop.