Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan/Alliance Relativity to the game. Easier Clan/Alliance UI

We understand that you wonderful people at DE are hard at work day in and day out. With everything upcoming in Warframe, we are aware that some things have gotten put on the back burner. However, and I speak for myself here, Clans as well as Alliances feel like they have lost their relativity in Warframe. It also feels like the options we have to clan as well as alliance customization, as far as UI and commands, could use an overhaul. I may be speaking for myself, but I'm sure that many will agree with me. 

ALLIANCE ADD ONS/CHANGES

Let me start off by sharing instances where the changes my alliance has come up with would have been helpful. We had one clan who dedicates themselves to mess with alliance. We were unaware of this until it happened. At the time they had moderating privileges within our alliance. They went berserk kicking and banning everyone from alliance chat. The rest of us were all immediately alerted to this. The clan was promptly kicked from the alliance once the people that could kick got online to kick said clan. However, we had to wait until the daily reset for the kick to take effect. Making it so that said clan could still do their shenanigans for longer than they should have been able to. Then someone specific to a clan decided to do the same, of their own accord. However, no one from their respective clan was online to put a stop to it. Thus, giving that specific person the reigns to do as he pleased until someone from their clan could stop them. 

What we proposed in our alliance was to give us an option to kick specific members from other clans. Of course only the Lead clan and any other clan the lead clan chooses would have this ability. As well as to see if it was possible for there not have to be a wait period for a clan getting kicked from an alliance. 

CLAN ADD ONS/CHANGES

There seems to be a glitch when you're scrolling up and down the roster of the clans, where when you scroll down, stop, and keep scrolling, you're sent back to the top of the current list you're looking at. This would be helpful when you're trying to scroll down trying to look for those that need to be ranked up in the clan. Also, the very bottom person's pop up menu is underneath the screen as it doesn't change positions depending on the place the username of the person is relative to the list on the screen. (this is just relative to console. at the very least, PS4 as I do not own an XBOX and PC has the luxury of an actual cursor) 

There's another glitch where, when scrolling through the names, the curse just freezes (this is just relative to console. at the very least, PS4 as I do not own an XBOX and PC has the luxury of an actual cursor) 

A search bar for names in the list would be very helpful and appreciated. 

A separate customizable welcome message for when a new member leaves the clan would feel great. As well as a little more space for MOTD of clan and alliance. 

More defined menu options on the chat name list. "Kick" and "Ban" (hour) (day) seem to confuse people. 

Some clans have a limit as to how long a member can be offline for, would it be possible to add a "countdown timer" of sorts and have that player automatically expelled from the clan?

More Roles to each rank within the clan would make every rank possible more relative to the clan itself. For example, we could have one rank focus mainly on recruiting another one on gathering pigments, so on and so on. 

Colored names for moderators and warlords in both clan and alliance chat would be amazing. 

Letting our Kavats and Kubrows run around the dojo like they do in our ship would be a cute thought. Or perhaps that's where some random pets go when they get consigned. Just thought it'd be cute.

CLAN/ALLIANCE RELATIVITY

I know Dark Sectors will not be returning for a very very long time. Or so I think at least. I also know that the Kingpin system has gotten delayed. Even more so with the Venus open world and The Sacrifice Quest among other things. However, Clan and Alliance Relativity, I personally feel, has been lost. The only thing the clans do currently is clan tech. Obviously it helps new players out, for the most part. Aside from that, there really is no use to clans. Currently, there is absolutely no use for Alliances. 

Now, I don't know about PC or XBOX, however, in PS4, trying to recruit isn't as easy as before. Even with weekend recruit sessions or Summer coming up, it seems less and less people are inclined to join a clan. Thus, making it difficult for clan numbers to increase. It hurts Moon Clans the most as they seem to lose more member, due to inactivity policies, than they can gain. 

This is something a friend and alliance mate came up with when I spoke to them. 

1) More benefits for the clan and alliance relationship. Such as a dojo room/hall that is unlocked while in an alliance. Or possibly a new research room and the research is done collectively by the alliance. Research could be for cosmetics or possibly weapons and frames.

2) easier way to monitor resource contributions of everyone instead of only being able to look at one person's contributions at a time.

3) more clan rank/hierarchies. We are currently limited to 8 but I would prefer if we had a few more.

4)Give moderators a symbol next to their name within clan/alliance chat. Possibly a crown,crest, clan emblem, or the lotus symbol.

5) clan and alliance glyphs to display clan/alliance pride in game.

6) a way to tell who invited a person into the clan. Could just be shown in clan log. This could be used if someone repetitively invites a trouble maker.

7)an easier way to donate resources. Possibly just include it in the vault post and show a record of the most recent to donate to it.

8)a way to search for a name when looking at the clan roster. When a clan is either mountain or moon it can be a pain to find a person's name because the list is so long.

9)bring back the event that allowed the finis wraith research. Some clans were made after that event and they deserve a change to get it.

10) Let clans research the rail stuff so they can get full research. When recruiting people often make a decision to join a clan based on Research, and it is very annoying to be denied because your clan wasn't made back in those days.

11)the ability to recruit whilst idle in our dojo would be helpful.

Edited by (PS4)corvette_lover14

I think there is a strategy behind all of this, you're right, clans have little real functional relevance, they are social organizations at the moment, some are competitive for leaderboard or conclave or lunaro reputations, but apart from being groups of friends they don't matter very much. In fact, they froze our banks and handed out weak concessions, but that's life. No one should have to be the moderator of an actual war, at least not without battle pay. I can tell you, we want that war. It made every skill a person could have, from social to strategic to tactical to reaction-time - relevant in Warframe, still, how can anyone have a war without losers? But how can we have heroes without a war? I think it's the problem nature has, which the producers of a virtual world have to understand well enough to produce mainly from scratch, and I don't think it can really be explained, just how that's done, except as I suggest, as a narrative and a relationship. When the story gets there and the community is ready it's in their interest to stage another conflict that will give clans relevance. DE has a very incremental method and this is a very complicated operation.