Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards For Events Should Always Be Listed At Start

Lyker

I missed out on all the mods from this last event since I am far away on vacation.

I had a clan member ready to help me if I gave him my account details.

event starts and I figure I can live without the badge (the only award listed) so I did not give him my details.

During the event you could ge the 3 mods and I really think they should be always listed at start.

Not the exact details, but the info should be "This is the stuff at stake here"', not how, but just a presentation of all the stuff you could get by the end of a event.

I like the different stages etc but its still 1 big event to me and therfor I think everything should be listed.

I also think this will create more fun gameplay during the event since you know something you really want is coming up, but you dont know if its now, the next phase or at the end of the event etc

Edited by Lyker

Depends on the event. For the Informer event, the prizes were listed and many people complained that DE should not have listed them. For the Fomorian event, people were happy that the prizes were listed.

So yeah, all depends on the context of the event.

I agree that informer should maby just have listed prime weapon

I kinda like how the *Surprise we have a new reward to give you!* type of event, it keeps you tuned in the game, I know allot of players don't have the time and luxury like other players but it keeps it exciting. rather than stopping on x points throughout the event in turn (not helping completing the whole event) I rather like the surprise thing. It makes the slakers work for it, the constant risk of having a surprise reward is both annoying as it is pleasing. (players are encourage to get more points cuz of the constant fear of having a reward pop out of nowhere)

Right there, the first sentence : I missed out on all the mods from this last event since I am far away on vacation.

I understand what you guys are saying. It dosnt change the fact that I think stuff at stake during the event should belisted day one.

I kinda like how the *Surprise we have a new reward to give you!* type of event, it keeps you tuned in the game, I know allot of players don't have the time and luxury like other players but it keeps it exciting. rather than stopping on x points throughout the event in turn (not helping completing the whole event) I rather like the surprise thing. It makes the slakers work for it, the constant risk of having a surprise reward is both annoying as it is pleasing. (players are encourage to get more points cuz of the constant fear of having a reward pop out of nowhere)

As i write in my last line, to me I belive i will be more at the edge on my seat knowing a brand new weapon is coming up but not when and how.

Edited by Lyker

DE did apologize for several issues with the event so this will be in the next event.

Ah ok. Didnt see anything about this, just 100% vs timer vs casual players vs farmers :)

Sorry, lets move on then :)

Edited by Lyker

People being encouraged to get more points is only a good thing if the event doesn't have a finite amount of points required to complete it, because at some point, some members of the player-base won't be able to participate enough to get the rewards they wanted, because there's always going to be people trying to demonstrate the enormity of their penii, by being on the leaderboards.

This is kind of what happened to people in this last event: All points after 100 (where a player got all 3 rewards) continued to count to the event count, rather than just individual and clan leaderboard positions. If you get your 100 points, and the game ONLY counts anything beyond that as points relevant to you personal and clan leaderboard position, it still lets people wave their penii, AND has the benefit of requiring MORE people to participate, since MORE people are now REQUIRED to get the number of points required to complete the event.

But what do I know, I'm just a self-entitled jerk that got screwed out of three days of content I found entertaining.

I wouldn't mind if they don't tell us what exactly we get, but tell us how many points we need to get to get the full reward.

I think this is part of the biggest issue with it. It's not so much that they didn't tell us what the reward was, which is true, but it was that they didn't even tell us that there WOULD be an award at the beginning, nor did they tell us how many points we'd need to get it.

Though I think that's partially because they originally intended for Phobos and the new weapon BPs to be the reward (aka, more grinding)

I think the original intent was using the new tileset as a reward. However, greedy feedbacks on the forum were overwhelming during the first phase of the event. Many simply didn't want to do it without personal reward and didn't care about the community reward, believing that DE would released the new tileset anyway and we wouldn't fail - despite the fact that DE declared the event had no failsafe.

So DE dicided to dangle mods in our face as an incentive and suddenly everyone just panicked, spammed recruit channel, and whined.

If I were DE, I wouldn't even give any reward to player that didn't participate in the first phase. Well, that's why I shouldn't handle PR stuff anyway.