The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

new particle update there is extreme loss of fps

GogeTarSon

new particle update there is extreme loss of fps

there are particles extremely low fps and can not be disabled from the video panel

the blood against the wall reproduces to infinity leaving on the map millions of particles and sprites - lowering the performance from 120 fps to 60 fps

the new lighting of the maps is bad and saturates the brightness by lowering the performance

particle bugs, effects of weapons effects of accessories state effects

Edited by GogeTarSon

Have the same issue. As soon as the enemies enter the fps drops massively from 60fps to 40. I already put in a support ticket with all the log files.  Hope this gets resolved soon. As it stands, the only missions I can play in normal performance are POE. 

I went from 60 FPS on above maximum quality (used the Nvidia Control panel to raise some settings higher than ingame settings lets you) to ~10-20 FPS on minimum settings. Almost unplayable now. Running a GTX 965m here, I *think* it might be a VRAM issue, as this update nearly doubled the VRAM usage of the game, and introduced at least two (DE fixed one already, and there's at least one still out there) VRAM leaks.

It's pushing my hardware much harder than it ever has. About 3-4 times as hard would be my guess. I can only play ~30 minutes before overheating becomes an issue, and I don't have overheating issues with any other games, including games like Space Engineers and Overwatch (maximum settings here as well), which, historically, have been far more taxing on my hardware.

Any chance we could get a legacy particle effects option until the issues get worked out of this one? I'm almost unable to play the game, especially since warframe abilities tank my already low framerate. I had a a nidus 4 and limbo 4 stacked earlier, and it brought me below 5 fps, with spikes below 1/8th fps.

Noticed a lot of lag in menus recently as well - halves my framerate when I open them.

13 hours ago, Gnohme said:

Maybe I have a different issue but disabling particles didn't fix the framerate loss I've been experiencing since the update.

Disabling particles doesn't effect my performance in any meaningful way, but given that the issue popped up when they dropped the update, it's almost certainly something in the particle system. It doesn't unload the whole system if you turn off particles, afaik.

Hope this gets fixed soon. There seem to be other issues related to it that I can't quite pinpoint. For instance, since the particle update, being around the catwalks pushes me down to around 40fps for no reason that I can discern. Specific areas in specific maps that used to have no problems are now problematic and the stutter is very noticeable.

I am having the same problem. 15-19fps after the patch. Game is unplayable. There is definitely something up with the memory use as normally my 1080 will hit around 990mb memory use according to Warframe's FPS counter. Now its 600'ish. 

Before the 22.20 update, my fps was solid 60, after the update, it seems like at the start, the game works almost perfectly on high settings, but as time passes and I close/open the game multiple times a day without restarting my pc, the fps starts to drop slowly down to 10-20, no matter whether the graphics settings are on high or low. After a PC restart, it starts working again. I would say its a memory leak, but then after a game restart, the problem would disappear...

i7 6700

gtx 1060 3gb

16gb ddr4 ram

Windows 7 Ult. 64bit

On 2018-06-02 at 8:59 PM, Zednel said:

Before the 22.20 update, my fps was solid 60, after the update, it seems like at the start, the game works almost perfectly on high settings, but as time passes and I close/open the game multiple times a day without restarting my pc, the fps starts to drop slowly down to 10-20, no matter whether the graphics settings are on high or low. After a PC restart, it starts working again. I would say its a memory leak, but then after a game restart, the problem would disappear...

i7 6700

gtx 1060 3gb

16gb ddr4 ram

Windows 7 Ult. 64bit

Same dude its freaking annoying as hell almost the same rig too just i have i5 6600k. This wasnt a issue for me until khora update and since then everytime...

Edited by Raprador

Yesterday i've build my pc and i today while i play the mission for the catalyst i see some strange low performance. 
i7 8700k stock, 16 gb ram at 3000mhz and 580 8 gb of Aorus. 
The game says more than 60+ fps but amd overlay says below 50fps... this is not normal... 

Just tried playing again this morning - definitely still an issue. I was playing an indoor level too, which is usually less of a problem - as soon as enemies come into frame and they start getting chopped or shot up, it's like my character starts moving in slow motion amidst the frame loss. And no, I didn't take ice damage.

Edited by Gnohme