Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Core Packs: Scam, Bug Or Okay?

Mainabi

So after buying a few gold fusion core packs, just to find out that you don't get maxxed mods

is that okay in your opinion, or may that be a bug? in my opinion it's total scam not getting full maxxed mods for 80plat

sure you get a 100% rare core but that core can be a lvl 1 core which is totally bullS#&$

Wow, not only are they absurdly expensive (one core worth more than potato) but they also aren't max? DE needs to sort this out quick, that pack should contain like 30 fusion cores to be worth the money...

Edited by Rhorge

Wow, not only are they absurdly expensive (one core worth more than potato) but they also aren't max? DE needs to sort this out quick, that pack should contain like 30 fusion cores to be worth the money...

bought about 5-10 packs to be sure but yeah sometimes I got a maxxed but I think only once usually it was lvl 1 to 3

It's optional, not necessary. I'd personally rather use that plat on other things to be honest o-o

see?

you rather use plat on other things

also they're offering things they want us to buy it

but because it's so bad/scam nobody will buy it again, also I only bought it because I didn't see any cores anymore for a while, just because there are other ways to get stuff (for example potato) doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it at all

So after buying a few gold fusion core packs, just to find out that you don't get maxxed mods

is that okay in your opinion, or may that be a bug? in my opinion it's total scam not getting full maxxed mods for 80plat

sure you get a 100% rare core but that core can be a lvl 1 core which is totally bullS#&$

I haven't bought one but for the price of 80 platinum it should have a few rare 10 cores not a chance at a single random rare. Really if DE wants to sell something for that price it should have more than a few high values cores or no one will buy it after one person post the terrible cost/reward ratio on the forums.

... Obviously whoever buys it is ripped off. Are you saying that a rare fusion core should be worth more than a catalyst/reactor/forma?

No im saying you don't need to buy it play a freaking mission and you will get enough cores to compensate 5 rares

... Obviously whoever buys it is ripped off. Are you saying that a rare fusion core should be worth more than a catalyst/reactor/forma?

the price is one thing I'm not here to fight against the high price at all...

look why it's scam

many people have only seen maxxed fusion cores, they also probably assume that there are only maxxed fusion cores since it's just food for mods to lvl up.

and then you see ah you can buy fusion cores from the marketplace but then you get a slap into your face it's 80 platinum it's @(*()$ expensive but hey then you think okay fusion cores are good so buy em. tadaa you get 3 cores and these cores are rank 1-3 and one of them a rank 1 rare, it's wrong it's completely.

most people won't buy it

A. it's optional / not necessary

B. it's too expensive

C. you don't get maxxed mods after buying 1 time or hearing it from other people = you'll leave it

what do these 3 points make?

less buyer

nobody wants to buy

warframe probably earns the most plat through forma, potato and slots

fusion cores had could've been a great point but after seeing that I can't get maxxed cores I say no, even worse I'm going to tell anyone who might buy the fusion core packs never to touch it since it's bullS#&$ going 10min to kiste and you should get way more. 5 rank 3 cores 2-3 uncommon and 1-2 rare cores all maxxed there's absolutely no reason to buy it

but with that scam trick it adds itself more reason NOT to buy it

No im saying you don't need to buy it play a freaking mission and you will get enough cores to compensate 5 rares

still no reason not to let the cores to be maxxed

Edited by Seira-EGT-

Exactly, the market price is miles above what it's worth which is exactly what rip off means.

Here, the definition of the term "A product or a service that is overpriced or of poor quality."

Edited by Rhorge

But you somehow still bought 8.

I hope you can get your money back somehow.

nah I don't care about the plat itself I care about the thing that you don't get maxxed rare mods, at least there should be a warning that mods don't have to be maxxed from the packs (or maxxed anything I don't mind if it's 1 maxxed rare and 2x maxxed common fusion cores since they didn't say 100% 3x rare cores just 1x rare which is fine)

Wouldn't go so far as to say scam but a bad idea with bad results, yes. Welcome to Warframe :)

potatos and slots are cheap (maybe too cheap)

they could do it right

forma 20plat is super

the players  asked cores for plat and they got it same for credits and resources if you want 100 rare 10 cores for 10 plat well your out of luck as de stated they don't want to make it p2w in some words 

you never read it didn't you?

I didn't ask for 100 cores per pack

I want that the mods are at least maxxed

nothing else

nothing more

nothing less

Edited by Seira-EGT-

the price is one thing I'm not here to fight against the high price at all...

look why it's scam

many people have only seen maxxed fusion cores, they also probably assume that there are only maxxed fusion cores since it's just food for mods to lvl up.

and then you see ah you can buy fusion cores from the marketplace but then you get a slap into your face it's 80 platinum it's @(*()$ expensive but hey then you think okay fusion cores are good so buy em. tadaa you get 3 cores and these cores are rank 1-3 and one of them a rank 1 rare, it's wrong it's completely.

I don't understand what you mean by "many people have only seen maxxed fusion cores" (sic). The most common fusion cores are Common 3 and Uncommon 5. Those aren't maxed, assuming you think of a rank 10 as maxed. Commons, uncommons, and rares all go from 0 to 10 (0 is not listed as a number though, so it shows up as just "Rare" not "Rare 0"). I really don't understand where you got the idea the mods were maxed. It doesn't say it, and any time we get a mod,  it's unranked. Fusion cores have so far been random what rank they are. Your assumption that these were maxed seems silly. I also don't know why you bought 5 when with anything, you should buy one to test it first. Did the first 4 you bought end up with all Maxed rare mods? If not, then why would you buy 5 with an assumption without any history to lead you to that thought?

As for having them maxed for their price, they could increase the price and then make them guaranteed Rare 10. That is a really strong mod, so it would have to be quite expensive. However, also knowing they intend to have a market where players may sell maxed mods for whatever platinum they want, we'll see how prices go.

The reason why I am fine with the current set up is that DE knows what they're doing. I not being the DE defense squad here, what I mean is that they have the data. They know who is buying what, how often, and if something is turning a good profit or not. We don't. If something is doing very poorly for them, they'll keep it going.

Personally, they're too much for me, but DE will know if people buy them, and maybe even offer a guaranteed maxed core for sale straight up one day. In another F2P game, there's an item that boosts XP gain but its relative cost to the game is extremely high. People will sometimes make threads and complain about them, but eventually someone comes in and states why they buy them and use them. The devs know this item sells well enough, so they don't lower the price. The profit for them is good, it benefits the people who really want the XP gain, and the folks who don't want to use it don't have to.

DE should just offer something guaranteed though, even if it's not maxed (could be Uncommon 5). People may not want to gamble, so rather than gambling on the chance for a rare, and of unknown rank, they should offer something static, maxed or otherwise.

Edited by gell

I don't understand what you mean by "many people have only seen maxxed fusion cores" (sic). The most common fusion cores are Common 3 and Uncommon 5. Those aren't maxed, assuming you think of a rank 10 as maxed. Commons, uncommons, and rares all go from 0 to 10 (0 is not listed as a number though, so it shows up as just "Rare" not "Rare 0"). I really don't understand where you got the idea the mods were maxed. It doesn't say it, and any time we get a mod,  it's unranked. Fusion cores have so far been random what rank they are. Your assumption that these were maxed seems silly. I also don't know why you bought 5 when with anything, you should buy one to test it first. Did the first 4 you bought end up with all Maxed rare mods? If not, then why would you buy 5 with an assumption without any history to lead you to that thought?

As for having them maxed for their price, they could increase the price and then make them guaranteed Rare 10. That is a really strong mod, so it would have to be quite expensive. However, also knowing they intend to have a market where players may sell maxed mods for whatever platinum they want, we'll see how prices go.

The reason why I am fine with the current set up is that DE knows what they're doing. I not being the DE defense squad here, what I mean is that they have the data. They know who is buying what, how often, and if something is turning a good profit or not. We don't. If something is doing very poorly for them, they'll keep it going.

Personally, they're too much for me, but DE will know if people buy them, and maybe even offer a guaranteed maxed core for sale straight up one day. In another F2P game, there's an item that boosts XP gain but its relative cost to the game is extremely high. People will sometimes make threads and complain about them, but eventually someone comes in and states why they buy them and use them. The devs know this item sells well enough, so they don't lower the price. The profit for them is good, it benefits the people who really want the XP gain, and the folks who don't want to use it don't have to.

DE should just offer something guaranteed though, even if it's not maxed (could be Uncommon 5). People may not want to gamble, so rather than gambling on the chance for a rare, and of unknown rank, they should offer something static, maxed or otherwise.

common 3 uncommon 5

rare 5

just look at the left bars these are full, the fusion core packs aren't full

whenever you drop a core ingame these cores are always full, and no the first 4 weren't 

and about 5 or 100 or 1

it doesn't matter

as I said I'm not asking to get the money back or anything like that

cores don't vary in ranks if you drop it normally

and btw no fusion cores don't go to 10 or anything like that anymore

there are only 3 types of fusion core DROPS and defense rewards

and these cores are always maxxed

Edited by Seira-EGT-

common 3 uncommon 5

rare 5

just look at the left bars these are full, the fusion core packs aren't full

I guess I never bought a fusion core pack, but they represent them as unfilled?

By the way, I have every rank of every fusion core, since I've played forever. Rare. Rare 8. Rare 10. Uncommon 10. Uncommon 2. Common 10. They're all filled on the left bar.

How about this: You get the fusion cores you get from those packs, but they change the visual to show they are "maxed" but really they are the same exact core you already have? Would that make you happy? Because that's how fusion cores work. :)

Disagree if you will but I believe you all have the wrong view on this...

DE doesn't care if you spend your platinum on Fusion Core packs.

DE doesn't care if you spend your platinum on Mod Packs.

DE doesn't care if you spend your platinum on rare resources or credits.

In fact DE doesn't care if you spend your platinum. Ever.

The fact that you are deciding whether or not it's worth it to spend the platinum you have on anything means they already have their money. They get it as soon as they give you the platinum.

Now don't misunderstand me, there are some things worth buying sometimes. Mainly weapon and warframe slots, and many agree catalysts reactors and forma as well. The fact is as long as you are buying platinum for those things they are already getting the money.

It's not all the slots they sell that gives them income, nor the potatoes. Its you buying platinum for when or the possibility that you want those things, regardless of the fact that you might not buy them or anything else on the market.

TL;DR They make money from platinum sales, not market sales. As long as there is at least one thing people must/want to buy they are making their money. The high number of terrible deals in the market mean nothing but more platinum sales eventually.

I guess I never bought a fusion core pack, but they represent them as unfilled?

By the way, I have every rank of every fusion core, since I've played forever. Rare. Rare 8. Rare 10. Uncommon 10. Uncommon 2. Common 10. They're all filled on the left bar.

How about this: You get the fusion cores you get from those packs, but they change the visual to show they are "maxed" but really they are the same exact core you already have? Would that make you happy? Because that's how fusion cores work. :)

these rare 8 and 10 are from the old mod system you don't get them anymore I think

Disagree if you will but I believe you all have the wrong view on this...

DE doesn't care if you spend your platinum on Fusion Core packs.

DE doesn't care if you spend your platinum on Mod Packs.

DE doesn't care if you spend your platinum on rare resources or credits.

In fact DE doesn't care if you spend your platinum. Ever.

The fact that you are deciding whether or not it's worth it to spend the platinum you have on anything means they already have their money. They get it as soon as they give you the platinum.

Now don't misunderstand me, there are some things worth buying sometimes. Mainly weapon and warframe slots, and many agree catalysts reactors and forma as well. The fact is as long as you are buying platinum for those things they are already getting the money.

It's not all the slots they sell that gives them income, nor the potatoes. Its you buying platinum for when or the possibility that you want those things, regardless of the fact that you might not buy them or anything else on the market.

TL;DR They make money from platinum sales, not market sales. As long as there is at least one thing people must/want to buy they are making their money. The high number of terrible deals in the market mean nothing but more platinum sales eventually.

you're actually wrong on this

to make someone buy platinum there should be nice offerings to get it,

if you spend your plat you run out of plat and you might get more plat so yes they want you to buy plat but terrible fusion cores = less reason to buy plat simple as it is

Edited by Seira-EGT-

you're actually wrong on this

to make someone buy platinum there should be nice offerings to get it,

if you spend your plat you run out of plat and you might get more plat so yes they want you to buy plat but terrible fusion cores = less reason to buy plat simple as it is

It could be argued that I am slightly wrong yes. But as long as there are things like slots and aesthetics that people want and need to purchase they will be receiving their money. If fusion packs are terrible it will only deter me from buying fusion packs. I will however still buy and spend platinum on slots and aesthetics such as colors and sentinel accessories, which are reasonably priced and ignore the things which are not cost effective.