The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game stutters/freezes when loading objects.

Vitamin.Ex

When I first launch Warframe and start in my ship, the moment I turn my camera the game stutters and drops to 0 frames for 1-3 seconds. This also happens when I access the navigation map. The game will freeze (including sound stopping) for 1-2 seconds before loading the map. In missions is pretty bad because it can stutter at random moments depending on where you are and what it's loading. I noticed it happens because the game will load the ship/frame/textures but it takes much longer for it to load objects such as pictures and decorations. The freezing seems to happen when the decorations are loaded which happens once I move the camera.

I have had this issue for around 5-6 months but I do remember a time when the game ran smooth so I'm not sure what happened. Just recently (around the time they changed melee attacks through walls) the game was back to running smooth, sadly this only lasted for a few days and is now back to running like crap.

I have tried sooo many tips (dx 9/10/11 32/64, verifying, optimizing, reinstalling, etc.) I have seen people post on the forums but nothing has worked. I have also made sure that every existing driver on my machine is up-to-date.

I have a full AMD system.

AMD Quad-Core 3.80 GHz

Radeon RX480 

16 GB Ram

x64 Win 10

If anyone can help me with solving this issue I would be more than appreciative because it's a nightmare trying to play this game with the ton of bugs it already has AND have a constant stuttering issue on top of what's already wrong with the game.

I'm having this exact problem - it starts out okay when I'm in the Orbiter, but once I jump into a mission and start jumping/gliding around, I can some seriously bad hitches in my performance - I would almost call them  complete momentary lockups more than a framerate loss. It's so inconsistent and strange that it almost hurts my eyes to watch. I do believe it's definitely linked to objects being loaded in, as it happens when I look around too fast, or in specific areas. I've never had any performance problems with this game before.

Specs:   Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM

Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Edited by Gnohme