Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

looking for build and group makeup for Onslaught & Elite Onslaught

(PSN)SlyFox5679

Question

I've tried both onslaughts with different frames and squad makeups with randoms and clan and i'm still not sure about how to get past wave 15 which my clan got to and that was it and the main factor was our trinity main used a bomb trin build and another in the clan used mesa.rhino prime.

the frames i've done onslaught with are mag prime,nova prime(slow) saryn,nidus,excal,oberon prime

i've done elite with mag prime,nova prime & excal. are there any other frames that do well in onslaught/elite in general that i could try for this ?

the weapons i've used for both onslaughts 

MR25 

primary weapons

tiberon prime w/Riven

vaykor hek w/Riven

ignis wraith 

secondary weapons

mara detron & hystrix

\companions-carrier prime or kavat

frames i have are as follows

excal

nezha

atlas

harrow

nidus

ivara

mesa

chroma

titania

inaros

octavia

gara

khora

banshee prime

mirage prime

valkyr prime

hydroid prime

zephyr prime

nova prirme

mag prime

rhino prime

frost prime

ember prime

volt prime

loki prime

saryn prime

vauban prime

oberon prime

ash prime

nekros prime

5 answers to this question

As of now every frame is viable with a strong Maiming Strike melee but especially Sonar Banshee as you hit weakspots with your melee all the time, Equinox for nuking, Saryn for debuffing (can be changed for another dps for lower levels but the corrosive procs might come in handy later on), Harrow or Trinity for more energy. (you don't really need a lot with Banshee or Saryn if you got Zenurik so it's optional)

4 minutes ago, kgabor said:

As of now every frame is viable with a strong Maiming Strike melee but especially Sonar Banshee as you hit weakspots with your melee all the time, Equinox for nuking, Saryn for debuffing (can be changed for another dps for lower levels but the corrosive procs might come in handy later on), Harrow or Trinity for more energy. (you don't really need a lot with Banshee or Saryn if you got Zenurik so it's optional)

I think my best strat is using the mag augment that jams weapons/robots for 4 seconds after polarizing and strips armor/shields but doesn't do squat to infested.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

I think my best strat is using the mag augment that jams weapons/robots for 4 seconds after polarizing and strips armor/shields but doesn't do squat to infested.

If your squad is having trouble with survivability, consider bringing a dedicated cc frame, like Vauban.

Unlike Nova you can use it for aimed cc and it doens't slow down your team at maintaining efficiency.

An Avalanche Frost would probably work even better as it can contribute to debuffing apart from cc.

Edit: Or Limbo as afaik. all abilities should work through the Rift and it helps regenerating energy, this in case your team uses abilities to clear enemies and you can focus on dps, nullifiers could still be a problem but meme strike can handle it.

Edited by kgabor

Volt is good for Nuke/support. Discharge with his augment mod gives everyone a lot of shield and its a room clean ability. Speed is also nice because with a good range you can make sure everyone can melee kill fast. If you have no trinity on your team you can use Rakta weapons for the energy buff or Zenurik (Operator).