Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo lighting in Liset.

There's plenty of glowy bits on the Orbiter's interior (Orbiter is not Landing Craft; Landing Craft AKA Liset (the starting landing craft unless you built others), it's what the Landing Craft docks with and that includes navigation which in my opinion shows no visible exits, and that could do with addressing) which could emit said light, but yeah.

Not only that but individual room colouring needs to be introduced.

In fact I'm also curious as to how a skilled Tenno, or even Ordis, would go to the rest of the Orbiter's interior to check on inventory or perform maintenance or how one can expand the Orbiter's interior space; is there some hidden ramp or stairwell or lift somewhere?

Maybe because the Orbiter's (according to known information) housed in the Void, perhaps the defiance of physics can be exploited (as seen with the Towers) to address this.

Now I'm on a tangent. On-topic elements:
-Yes to OP, but also...
-Individual room colour-editing options.

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

is there some hidden ramp or stairwell or lift somewhere?

There isn't one that i've found yet but that could easily be built in in your operator's chamber. Seriously that place is just a big room with barely anything in it if you haven't put any decorations. That room could easily have either an elevator or a teleporter to a new section of your orbiter.

@Shad0wWatcher, unless DE plans to do an Iron Man on the Transference 'Throne' room and add pedestals/podiums for all owned Warframes, then yes, a stairwell could be built into the room (meaning the door to the Transference room is pushed inward by about half the walkable room to fit the twin stairs wrapping to the upper deck).

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

@Shad0wWatcher, unless DE plans to do an Iron Man on the Transference 'Throne' room and add pedestals/podiums for all owned Warframes, then yes, a stairwell could be built into the room (meaning the door to the Transference room is pushed inward by about half the walkable room to fit the twin stairs wrapping to the upper deck).

Yeah something like that, it's a waste of space to have such a big room with only half of it being used, which also happens to be the part where you can't get to, the half you can actually walk on is filled with....a lot of air. Havin that room be a bit smaller wouldn't hurt. Even tho i find it awkward in general that your operator is just sitting in that chair if your not controlling them yourself. He's like Thanos before infinity war, probably just thinking "it's not my time...and i think my legs are sleeping".

Jokes aside having an extra hallway with a staircase in there. If we could make different rooms like in our dojo it would be-....nah that'd kill nearly every use the dojo currently has.

6 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

If we could make different rooms like in our dojo it would be-....nah that'd kill nearly every use the dojo currently has.

The Dojo is more of a Clan gathering space with specific functions, including:

Spoiler

-Unique blueprints in labs.
-Minigames (Duelling*, Parkour room(s), and other puzzles devised by Dojo architects).
-Arsenal.
-Navigation.
-Trading.
-That 'Kingpin' system DE may be holding off for Venus.
*Would like the duelling rooms to be bigger and have bigger versions with the same modular construction components available as the custom Parkour room as of now.

Back onto the subject, though. It wouldn't be a bad idea to use the Aboroform/Aboraform/White Tree Stuff to build a transparent, almost glassy, staircase upwards. Could add some customization to the Orbiter and add a touch of uniqueness which leads to a 'forgotten' section of the interior in three possible ways:

Spoiler

A| Aboroform Stairwell.
B| Dual-spiral-staircases curving up into the upper area.
C| A small lift.
D| A ramp within the room which has a hole in the middle so you can walk directly out/in from said room which leads upwards or downwards.

The additional rooms would be few, and compact like the lounge or 1/2 the size of the Helminth Infirmary. I suspect there could be a room where food is prepared, a storage room for temporary items, and some guest accomodations where The Father (because he says 'Hey Kiddo', the latter being recited when the Tenno says he said 'There's something out there, Kiddo, watching us...' ) could show up instead of randomly around the ship as he does right now because he's been given a spot to call home, as well as some options on what the other rooms could be.

6 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Back onto the subject, though. It wouldn't be a bad idea to use the Aboroform/Aboraform/White Tree Stuff to build a transparent, almost glassy, staircase upwards. Could add some customization to the Orbiter and add a touch of uniqueness which leads to a 'forgotten' section of the interior in three possible ways:

Hide contents

A| Aboroform Stairwell.
B| Dual-spiral-staircases curving up into the upper area.
C| A small lift.
D| A ramp within the room which has a hole in the middle so you can walk directly out/in from said room which leads upwards or downwards.

The additional rooms would be few, and compact like the lounge or 1/2 the size of the Helminth Infirmary. I suspect there could be a room where food is prepared, a storage room for temporary items, and some guest accomodations where The Father (because he says 'Hey Kiddo', the latter being recited when the Tenno says he said 'There's something out there, Kiddo, watching us...' ) could show up instead of randomly around the ship as he does right now because he's been given a spot to call home, as well as some options on what the other rooms could be.

Now see those are cool ideas. Tho if that were to ever be a thing, it would also be a nice thing to be able to relocate certain rooms. Like the lounge.

Also...god i wish we could actually sit on those couches. They're there in the lounge but they're just there for show, we can't actually sit on them. I would love it if there were more interactive things in our orbiter other than the machines we need to use. They put a personal quarters in for a reason, to chill(or to show off to other players, whatever floats your boat), but we can't even properly kick back and relax on the couch xD. I want to be able to sit on a chair. Perhaps i'm just being too needy, but i just want to be able to customize our orbiter more and then be able to interact with some of the things I've placed such as a couch, a bed maybe...a holo-tube? Idk, something, anything to make the place feel more homey.

Also an off topic question...well kinda on topic, would you happen to know where i can get those rugs I've seen players have on their ship? I've been looking everywhere including Cetus, the market and...well Cetus, and i couldn't find anything

9 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Now see those are cool ideas. Tho if that were to ever be a thing, it would also be a nice thing to be able to relocate certain rooms. Like the lounge.

Also...god i wish we could actually sit on those couches. | Where i can get those rugs I've seen players have on their ship? I've been looking everywhere including Cetus, the market and...well Cetus, and i couldn't find anything

I think leaving the lower Orbiter in a fixed state, besides the Transference room's staircase to the upper quarters, would thematically make sense due to how one progresses. Besides, I believe Ordis would have trouble rearranging the lower rooms especially because of the design of that region (i.e: Infested room).

What DE can do to make it possible to sit on the couches is to have a cross-legged sit animation, like a cross between Meditate and Kneel (you fold up your legs, clasp your hands together, then gently land on the floor; getting up would be the animation in reverse), since the current Sit emote doesn't visually fit.

Not to mention we need three 'lay down' emotes so we can lay on the couch, or get some other scenes:
Lay left (the pose would be, essentially, like that meme which goes along the lines of 'draw me like one of your [insert faction/species here] [females]' ), Lay right (flipped), and Lay back (the stereotypical 'sleep' animation).

As for the rugs, I believe there's a 'Reclamator pack' or something that has rugs in it, though I agree that Cetus needs a rug vendor so we can dump resources and reputation on him/her for rugs and things.

3 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I think leaving the lower Orbiter in a fixed state, besides the Transference room's staircase to the upper quarters, would thematically make sense due to how one progresses. Besides, I believe Ordis would have trouble rearranging the lower rooms especially because of the design of that region (i.e: Infested room).

I can see how that makes sense. For the sake of progression, having the lower bit of  the orbiter stay arranged as it is is fine. Tho i am all for having an extra staircase in a hallway leading upward to the actual "player house".

What DE can do to make it possible to sit on the couches is to have a cross-legged sit animation, like a cross between Meditate and Kneel (you fold up your legs, clasp your hands together, then gently land on the floor; getting up would be the animation in reverse), since the current Sit emote doesn't visually fit.

Oh you mean kinda like this

9MXWYli.gif
or this

Spoiler

Not to mention we need three 'lay down' emotes so we can lay on the couch, or get some other scenes:
Lay left (the pose would be, essentially, like that meme which goes along the lines of 'draw me like one of your [insert faction/species here] [females]' ), Lay right (flipped), and Lay back (the stereotypical 'sleep' animation).

I'm amazed that isn't a thing already with all the "comedy" coming to the game lately.

As for the rugs, I believe there's a 'Reclamator pack' or something that has rugs in it, though I agree that Cetus needs a rug vendor so we can dump resources and reputation on him/her for rugs and things.

Thanks for the info mate.