Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught. The mess it causes and why it should not be a gamemode

Fallen_Echo

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Would you mind which point you disagree with?

1.) That onslaught should have not been an unique gamemode but an actual update to all endless missions?

2.) Or that a new gamemode should not be an universal balance point especially if its this disconnected from the rest of the gamemodes?

Onslaught has the features many has asked for, a high level mission with increased spawnrates so we dont get bored while waiting for the next round of enemies spawning, it also has the nice extract feature what is asked for survival and excavation for ages.

Considering the spawn bonus no frame should get balanced around the fact how they work in onslaught because the area is crowded with enemies magnifying aoe capatibilities beyond what you can do in most maps.

Saryn is still viable yes, she was just altered to be less useful for SO, trinity link bombers will be the next one to be made less useful unless DE switches its attention to the next BIG thing.

1) no it shouldn't, because of how hard that content already is at the appropriate MR and gear, plus this is for vets to play with, not newbies.  don't try to balance content that is built for newbies for vets.

2) this I mostly agree with.  The thing is link trin isn't deadly just here, she can farm to holy balls, and index like a champ.  it's busted.  I use it because it's busted but expect it should be in line with the rest of the game... and saryn still works fine on ALL other content.  Your argument would work here if she didn't, but she does.   Trinity however, as link, is not viable for most missions, just long ones like index and farm.  otherwise though she's useless with that build in a general run and gun because with that you just grab and tank frame and spray your way through to the end.

The main problem I see with people crying about ESO, which isn't you, but is the root problem, is you have MR 8's going into ESO and freaking out when they can't keep up with MR 25's with god builds and max arcanes and stupidly overpriced rivens when they are used to dominating the star chart content as if they were at all similar.  Of course they can't keep up, and DE really needs to recognize that, and they really shouldn't be able to because otherwise there is no reward to work towards at that level if you already get everything at it's most powerful by MR 10, why both continuing?  Reward needs to be part of it.

That said, DE tends to nerf everything for casuals that scream loudly while simultaneously building the game for min maxers, which is pretty f'd imho and I'd really like to see less of that.

My solution to link trin is pretty simple, just drop the castanas riven dispo slightly, that will fix the issue for her being stupidly OP, and bring her more in line with equinox, volt and saryn.  Alternately, they could flip it that only 50% self damage goes through link, since she honestly wasn't meant to operate that way, but since she does, it's kind of like a nova situation where it's a viable playstyle with a use that really shouldn't be removed, just brought into the fold (like chroma, although I have complaints there as well, since he's supposed to be the most OP warframe according to lore).

That said, I also think mandatory, ESO should be MR 18+ no ifs ands or butts.  that would solve 99% of the cry fests about it.

1 hour ago, Klokwerkaos said:

1) no it shouldn't, because of how hard that content already is at the appropriate MR and gear, plus this is for vets to play with, not newbies.  don't try to balance content that is built for newbies for vets.

Now heres a thing, at first it was not this hard at all.

DE forgot to apply the regular scaling to SO and ESO and the lv100 hordes were just as sturdy as lv30 mobs. Their damage was upscaled but their health, armor and shields were drastically lower amking the mode feel like a true arena massacre.

They changed this because we were gaining stuff faster than what they wanted.

Now i gotta say i agree with you on this, after thinking it throught it would be unfair for newbies so at best chance it would work if there would be a hardmode toggle for every mission if someone wants to kill millions instead of thousands.

1 hour ago, Klokwerkaos said:

The main problem I see with people crying about ESO, which isn't you, but is the root problem, is you have MR 8's going into ESO and freaking out when they can't keep up with MR 25's with god builds and max arcanes and stupidly overpriced rivens when they are used to dominating the star chart content as if they were at all similar.  Of course they can't keep up, and DE really needs to recognize that, and they really shouldn't be able to because otherwise there is no reward to work towards at that level if you already get everything at it's most powerful by MR 10, why both continuing?  Reward needs to be part of it.

That said, DE tends to nerf everything for casuals that scream loudly while simultaneously building the game for min maxers, which is pretty f'd imho and I'd really like to see less of that.

My solution to link trin is pretty simple, just drop the castanas riven dispo slightly, that will fix the issue for her being stupidly OP, and bring her more in line with equinox, volt and saryn.  Alternately, they could flip it that only 50% self damage goes through link, since she honestly wasn't meant to operate that way, but since she does, it's kind of like a nova situation where it's a viable playstyle with a use that really shouldn't be removed, just brought into the fold (like chroma, although I have complaints there as well, since he's supposed to be the most OP warframe according to lore).

That said, I also think mandatory, ESO should be MR 18+ no ifs ands or butts.  that would solve 99% of the cry fests about it.

Sadly i lurk in the forums for enough time to know that most nerf, delete X, this thing is OP threads are made by high mr people who are either salty that someone kills easier, steals kills or has better end score. I rarely see genuine nerf threads made by people who are low ranked, those are mostly just raging in the comment sections but dont make those threads.

Believe me if DE would change the endgame scoreboard to mix up players and show anonymous statistics or just show the users own statistics there would be much less salt than any kind of balancing or limitation could do.

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Now i gotta say i agree with you on this, after thinking it throught it would be unfair for newbies so at best chance it would work if there would be a hardmode toggle for every mission if someone wants to kill millions instead of thousands.

Nope, because in regular missions you still have drop rewards, this would make the farming in the game drastically distorted and would also lose DE a lot of money.  Grind is part of the game.  If you make the grind too easy, there is no reason to buy plat and other items/resources.