Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis mechanics are horrible

.Lazza.

So I'm trying to hurry and complete 2 alerts with Endo rewards before they expire.

On the first I finish the mobile defence and a synthesis target shows up so I try and scan it.

I use a trap, but every time I change from trap to scanner on my gear wheel I still end up with my primary weapon equipped. Sometimes at this point I accidentally shoot the synthesis target. So I select the scanner again from the gear wheel, but now the trap has expired and I'm taking damage.

I try again and the whole fail sequence repeats and not only that, I die.

When I revive for some reason I have my primary equipped and not the scanner, I shoot the synthesis target in the head almost killing it. The whole sequence repeats 2 more times, now I've lost 50% of my affinity for the mission. I get pushed back into and stuck on a doorway, from here I manage to scan the last node and Simaris is happy, he has received my scan. But now I'm still stuck I on the door. I use unstuck, I don't unstuck but I do die. I try unstuck again, I'm taking heavy damage, but oh no I'm not allowed to do that again so soon. I die one last time and the mission is failed. But hey at least I scanned a synthesis target even though that's not why I went there right! No, apparently even though the scan was received it now doesn't count.

Oh well I'll just do the second Endo mission and cut my losses, but oh no, the mission has expired.

Oh my god, what a comedy of errors and absolutely awful experience this game can be.

I have found the best solution is not to use traps but to kick them. To accomplish this slide in the air towards them. If that is not easy for you, you could instead bullet jump to knock them down. The best way to do this is to run right up to them and bullet jump into the floor. These methods last nearly as long and don't cost credits. The synthesis traps are more from that time when mobility had not been implemented so them running away was a problem. They are also meant to be kinda a squad tool. One person uses the trap and then everyone else scans.

easy solution to your issue, bind shortcut to your gears in settings.

I press B to put a trap, then V to pick up scanner (or something like this, you get the point).

This way you have all the time needed to scan all the 4 points.

It'll greatly help you.

Edited by Trichouette

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

easy solution to your issue, bind shortcut to your gears in settings.

I press B to put a trap, then V to pick up scanner (or something like this, you get the point).

This way you have all the time needed to scan all the 4 points.

It'll greatly help you.

yeah i set my gear to my num-pad makes it so much easier

I personally keybind function keys, but yup, that's the way to go. Alternatively, Frost or Rhino (or any frame with CC ability) are quite handy. You don't even need Siphon traps anymore!

Edited by tprx

Thanks for the tips, I know about key binding but the gear wheel should work as intended. I know about aiming, but I aim and fire so quickly I don't notice, or pause to take notice, of the aiming reticle or the equipped weapon when I know that I made a correct selection.

Another thing to fix is the fact that other players can kill the synthesis targets without any comeback.