Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation: Held Hostage AGAIN.

(PSN)xarienne

Please, DE.

A change to this has been requested over and OVER again.

In a previous message, I indicated that I've taken to avoiding Survival and Excavation missions, because I often get held hostage by people who want to stay for a long time, when I only have 10 minutes or so to devote to it.

Like a fool, I decided to go ahead and give Excavation a try this weekend (I need some cryotic) and, well, you can guess the rest.

2 people wanted to stay, 1 person quit out when they realized what was going to happen (forfeiting his pickups).

Because I didn't want to lose my cryotic, I let myself die at extraction...

And was held hostage for THIRTY (30) MORE MINTUES!!!!!!!!!!!

DE, this is unacceptable. I don't understand why you won't fix this.

Defense and Interception give you a chance to leave at certain points. Survival and Excavation should too.

Edited by (PS4)xarienne
Clarity.

I had an idea that I thought might help with a lot of this.

Paraphrasing myself from another thread:

Have a prompt when selecting nodes for endless mission types to decide your preference and be queued for like-minded teams. Number of rotations will adjust to the type of mission accordingly (with appropriate number of excavations as well).

20 minutes/waves

40 minutes/waves

∞ Infinite (extract when the team agrees to, as you currently do)

Yeah, we really need individual extraction for all endless missions.

In the meantime, you can work around it: if you suspend the game process with Resource Monitor for ~5 seconds and then resume it, you should end up in your own session where you are free to extract whenever you want while keeping all the loot. I can't guarantee it always works, though.

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, Xirka said:

It sounds like you had 2 people wanting to leave, the two of you should have gone to extraction. Yes, personal extraction would be great, but you were by no means held hostage. 

No, as I mentioned in my original post, the other person QUIT out of the mission (did not go to extraction) and forfeited his/her pickups.

That meant, to leave without losing my stuff, I needed one of the other two (who both wanted to grind) to come to extraction.

So, yes, I was held hostage.

Edited by (PS4)xarienne
Clarity.

57 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Yeah, we really need individual extraction for all endless missions.

In the meantime, you can work around it: if you suspend the game process with Resource Monitor for ~5 seconds and then resume it, you should end up in your own session where you are free to extract whenever you want while keeping all the loot. I can't guarantee it always works, though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm on PS4 though, so I don't think that's an option, unfortuately.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)xarienne said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm on PS4 though, so I don't think that's an option, unfortuately.

Oh, didn't notice that. I suppose unplugging network cable or toggling wifi might do the trick as well.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, (PS4)xarienne said:

No, as I mentioned in my original post, the other person QUIT out of the mission (did not go to extraction) and forfeited his/her pickups.

That meant, to leave without losing my stuff, I needed one of the other two (who both wanted to grind) to come to extraction.

So, yes, I was held hostage.

In this case you should be "grateful" to the quitter because it's his fault you got stuck... had he coordinated with you the other 2 would have been forced to pull out.

Still usual etiquette in game would be to agree on a number of complete rotations AABC and build from there, asking the party, when reaching the stipulated stop, if they want to continue further or extract.

This way if the answer is not to your liking you can abort the mission before investing time and frustration in it and try with a different group.

Putting the incriminated palyers in your ignore list won't apparently do much as it will simply mute any attempt on their part to chat with you, not the chance of being paired again with you - technical limitations on DE side maybe?