Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Fansites Crypto Mining

thegreatAce21

it's on their main site listed as a fan site so DE did authorize it in some way to get there so they should either make them stop using us to mine coins or remove the link to tennodrop site altogether

2 minutes ago, CaptainMeowth said:

Is tennodrop affiliated to Digital Extreme ?

Edited by EDM774

23 hours ago, CupcakesMoo said:

This is why I always use noscript. You can not trust anyone on the internet not even people DE pick. Do not blindly run into websites without noscript.

Good on you for using noscript - I haven't been able to dive down that far yet so I'm just using a plugin called "No Coin" in Firefox.
It detected the miner btw, and stopped it from running.

And it's not really DE's fault. This type of behavior is very common.
Somebody creates a good website / resource / blog / whatever and attracts users. No ads, no spyware, no click bait, etc.
And then when the hits go above a certain number they monetize...

The worst part is a lot of times the original, benevolent creator isn't even involved. They create their website, then some company offers to buy it (IGN, ZAM networks, etc) just so they can add one of their adverts or miners and add to their passive revenue stream. And when some little project you had sitting around for a year gets an offer of $5,000 to be bought out, it's the dream... very few people say no, and even fewer consider what their sale will mean later on.

Should still report it to DE though. Because f--- these people and their b--- s--- mining crap.

My interest in this is if it becomes the new "ads". Sites offer No ADS! and then under the hood the site is HIJACKING your browser to use it as a boring machine. And this wouldn't surprise me. In my experience with the internets, I've seen websites twist and shake my computer like it was the next coming of bop-it!. I love using noscript apps in particular, my bias being I know how to use them to the fullest extent. If I don't already know the scripts I check them against lists online before I activate them. Some scripts are abject malware while others are useless garbage (like google-analytics). 

On 2018-06-07 at 1:03 AM, Cleesus said:

Please send an email to support so they can look into it https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I'll try to send one.

On 2018-06-08 at 1:57 AM, CupcakesMoo said:

My interest in this is if it becomes the new "ads". Sites offer No ADS! and then under the hood the site is HIJACKING your browser to use it as a boring machine. And this wouldn't surprise me. In my experience with the internets, I've seen websites twist and shake my computer like it was the next coming of bop-it!. I love using noscript apps in particular, my bias being I know how to use them to the fullest extent. If I don't already know the scripts I check them against lists online before I activate them. Some scripts are abject malware while others are useless garbage (like google-analytics). 

Hope it will not.

Just visited this topic again and lead to me wonder of installing AdGuard in my computer. Is this a built-in feature of Chrome?