Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New added pigments are awfully implemented

---RV---Maniac

8 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I know the start of the thread is old, but hadn't seen it until this bump. While I agree some of the pigment drops have been a slog (I just have the bombard one left to have all pigments done), they are in no way required for any gameplay reason. They're only for coloring your dojo and they aren't the only colors out there. I mean I could see arguments that you need to join a clan for the MR items and helpful tools and that is restrictive, but colors aren't absolutely necessary and people made do with the colors that existed before the POE ones were added.

No.

This argument is what lets bad things slip by, and worse things get justified as "not much worse."  Case in point, loot boxes for cosmetics aren't bad.  Loot boxes for items which aren't demonstrably more powerful aren't bad.  Let's make EA Star Wars Battlefront 2, where loot boxes hide 40+ hours of grind or a paywall.  It isn't a huge leap from cosmetics and non game significant items to items that can still be earned with inhuman grind, right.

I don't want another Hema.  That still isn't fixed, for a mediocre rifle.  If we take this sort of nonsense now, it signals what we'll accept later.  This is why I boycotted EA after Crysis 2, and I chuckle at everyone only now realizing the business practices are toxic.  I hope DE is smart enough to learn that lesson from EA's failure, but it's our job to stand firm against these shenanigans.  

I'm not saying that improvements can't be made, I bought 9 Zanuka beacons just to get that one done as I wasn't getting visits despite all the invasions I was racking up, that depended on Baro bringing them around and having a fair number of ducats. All I'm saying is that the "shoving POE down our throats" for the pigments that come from there is a stretch. Hema is an item that does affect one's MR and is certainly a terrible grind. It's the one non pigment item I'm still working on collecting for research. The farming of some pigments could use tweaking for sure, but complaining about a lot of them being in POE is what I was talking about and didn't make clear.