Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Challenge Rewards Ideas

Etrionas

Suggestions

1) Make 'Challenge Rewards' repeatable with a reshuffle button (with a timer on it) that allows you to get a new one,
(when you 'get 10 headshots' for example you would be allocated a new challenge reward)
(for instance if you need melee kills but have no melee weapon)

2) Have a 'Join Open Squad' Button in the top right of the Navigation window,
(this is a quality of life option that players would be able to choose to either use or not)

3) Give an 8.4% xp/pp boost for non friends and an 11.10% xp/pp  boost for friends to play together,

(totalling 25.2% & 33% respectively) It seems this one isn't getting good feedback so I will withdraw the suggestion.

I know that these seem like really unnecessary changes but they would REALLY change the game for the better it would encourage helping new players out and actually paying attention to what you are doing in mission i.e. getting headshots instead of mindlessly mashing your abilities.

I don't think that this would damage DE's ability to monetise the game, if anything it may enhance it with players able to enjoy levelling and adding Forma.

Edited by Etrionas
Changed

2 minutes ago, Etrionas said:

1) Make 'Challenge Rewards' repeatable with a reshuffle button (with a timer on it) that allows you to get a new one,
(when you 'get 10 headshots' for example you would be allocated a new challenge reward)
(for instance if you need melee kills but have no melee weapon)

I really enjoy this concept. Perhaps there should also be increasing affinity due to how many you have completed.

5 minutes ago, Etrionas said:

3) Give an 8.4% xp/pp boost for non friends and an 11.10% xp/pp  boost for friends to play together,
(totalling 25.2% & 33% respectively)

Perhaps instead of friends its Clan mates that get the bonus affinity, that way it doesn't feel like punishment for not playing with your friends. If you are like me then your friends are part of your clan so the effect would be the same.

Making challenge rewards repeatable wouldn't make a difference, since they give a pittance of XP anyways. Honestly, I don't even know why they exist.

I don't know why you think that implementing a xp bonus for playing with other people would make Hydron and other XP farming nodes less effective. It would make them more effective, since most people run full squads in those missions anyways.

1 minute ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Making challenge rewards repeatable wouldn't make a difference, since they give a pittance of XP anyways.

For starting players, they do make a difference.

That being said, here's my two cents:

Farming affinity groups are a side effect of other mechanics, and it's the closest you can get to an exploit in this game without being banned. It's not an objective in and of itself. Power players do it because that's how it works in other games: get to higher levels as fast as you can to get to end-game content. In WF, once you get a good frame and nice weapons to mastery 30, potatoed and a few formas, you ARE in the end game.

I get it that some players want to get to MR 25 as fast as they can, but since there's not much else to do it's a bit of a waste of time. If you progress through the game at your own pace, you'll get more rewarding challenges. So adding a mechanic that take the fun away from the game to make it a required farming affinity ranch...

And as for farming resources, said resources ARE the rewards. You go to Hydron to get Cryo and credits. Getting affinity should be a side effect, not the main objective.

In conclusion, I do understand how you may want to burn through those "mastery trash" weapons. I just don't think it should be the focus of this game. There's so many other games out there where that's the main concern, let WF be different. Please!

2 minutes ago, tprx said:

For starting players, they do make a difference.

That being said, here's my two cents:

Farming affinity groups are a side effect of other mechanics, and it's the closest you can get to an exploit in this game without being banned. It's not an objective in and of itself. Power players do it because that's how it works in other games: get to higher levels as fast as you can to get to end-game content. In WF, once you get a good frame and nice weapons to mastery 30, potatoed and a few formas, you ARE in the end game.

I get it that some players want to get to MR 25 as fast as they can, but since there's not much else to do it's a bit of a waste of time. If you progress through the game at your own pace, you'll get more rewarding challenges. So adding a mechanic that take the fun away from the game to make it a required farming affinity ranch...

And as for farming resources, said resources ARE the rewards. You go to Hydron to get Cryo and credits. Getting affinity should be a side effect, not the main objective.

In conclusion, I do understand how you may want to burn through those "mastery trash" weapons. I just don't think it should be the focus of this game. There's so many other games out there where that's the main concern, let WF be different. Please!

While I get your point, everyone has different objectives in this game. I personally enjoy seeing high numbers, and don't really care how I get there as long as it's fast. I know a lot of players share my perspective, else affinity farming nodes wouldn't be so popular. I daresay that the "take your time and enjoy the game" players are actually a minority, since a majority of Warframe players likely play other MMOs in which farming efficiency is encouraged.

You do make a fair point about new players. For that purpose, I'd be fine with repeatable challenges. However, once you get to a certain point there just becomes no reason to do them anymore. The squad affinity thing I don't like, since it won't have the effect you think it will. When people get affinity boosters from login rewards, does that mean they stop running affinity nodes because they don't have to anymore? No, it means they run them MORE while the booster is active. Adding squad bonuses would do nothing except make affinity easier to obtain across ALL nodes (XP nodes included), and completely p*ss off the solo community.

12 minutes ago, tprx said:

I think you mean Hieracon...

14 minutes ago, tprx said:

I think you misread my intent, I am suggesting that rather than making affinity something you 'grind' for, simply make it an intuitive part of running missions with friends, farming for resources, farming for sculptures, unlocking nodes... all the fun stuff.

Having challenge rewards give a viable (yet optional) xp incentive for players to challenge themselves while running these missions can only be a good thing right?

Just now, Etrionas said:

I think you misread my intent, I am suggesting that rather than making affinity something you 'grind' for, simply make it an intuitive part of running missions with friends, farming for resources, farming for sculptures, unlocking nodes... all the fun stuff.

Having challenge rewards give a viable (yet optional) xp incentive for players to challenge themselves while running these missions can only be a good thing right?

Affinity will ALWAYS be something you grind for. It's inescapable, since so much of this game is tied to it. Leveling, MR, Focus, etc.

6 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Adding squad bonuses would do nothing except make affinity easier to obtain across ALL nodes (XP nodes included), and completely p*ss off the solo community.

Perhaps have the affinity multiplier reduce for players running the same node multiple times?

1 minute ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Affinity will ALWAYS be something you grind for. It's inescapable, since so much of this game is tied to it. Leveling, MR, Focus, etc.

I wholeheartedly agree, I am merely suggesting an alternative, please don't mistake this for an attempt to stop affinity farming, I think its great that there is the option to do that. I am suggesting an alternative method to gain a good amount of affinity while playing random nodes with other people and such, so that when you are doing an Interception alert there is more to do than stand there and wait for the mission to end, and in a way that incentivises the player to do so.

35 minutes ago, Etrionas said:

I wholeheartedly agree, I am merely suggesting an alternative, please don't mistake this for an attempt to stop affinity farming, I think its great that there is the option to do that. I am suggesting an alternative method to gain a good amount of affinity while playing random nodes with other people and such, so that when you are doing an Interception alert there is more to do than stand there and wait for the mission to end, and in a way that incentivises the player to do so.

This isn't an alternative. This just makes the Affinity farms even more effective.

13 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This isn't an alternative. This just makes the Affinity farms even more effective.

And if the buffs to xp during team play were removed would you agree that the 'challenge rewards' being repeatable in mission would be a good thing?

28 minutes ago, Etrionas said:

And if the buffs to xp during team play were removed would you agree that the 'challenge rewards' being repeatable in mission would be a good thing?

I mean yeah, that's fine. I just don't see that impacting anything except the new player experience (which, to be fair, needs a lot of help).