The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about the Unairu school

Sepharoth

Question

I was wondering if this school is worth leveling up. I read a lot of different reviews and most of them said it wasn't worth it.  I am mainly curious about the passive Void Spines and its damage reflection. I read it was changed from 25% to 100% with focus 2.5 but there wasn't many reviews I could find after that change. Anyone using this school that could give me any info would be great. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Everything in Unari school are useful except Magnetic Blast and Void Spines. Damage reflection and bullet attractor are pretty much worthless in any way. Unless reflected damage becomes finisher or some sort of scaling damage and attractor field is changed to something else.

Unairu has some good defensive and tanky things in it, but to be honest I wouldn't suggest levelling it up unless you're already done with the other four schools.

Unairu Wisp is pretty good for team-based Eidolon fights, as other operators can pick them up.  Going that route definitely isn't a bad idea, but I'd still suggest making sure the other four schools aren't neglected.

About damage reflection mechanics: enemies health scales up way faster than their damage, so anything to do with damage reflection gets less and less return as you access higher end content.

Thanks for the replies.

1 hour ago, tprx said:

About damage reflection mechanics: enemies health scales up way faster than their damage, so anything to do with damage reflection gets less and less return as you access higher end content.

This pretty much sums up what I found out about Void Spines. It looks like changing from the 25% to 100% reflection with focus 2.5 didn't really make much difference either. And on the surface, it looks pretty good, but I guess this is one of those if it looks to good to be true, it is situations.