Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Scarves

Aprosule

Not even remotely interested because DE will have to force us to shell out 5 bills so we could spend 30-75 plat for one... THEN they will go "LOL SCARF PACK" 250 plat BUY NOW SAVE 20 plat if you buy separate. 

Then all the little emos and goth will come out buy them and buy the black paint so they can be darker than dark. Also there will the the ego tripping people out there that are 3 cool 5 you

Not even remotely interested because DE will have to force us to shell out 5 bills so we could spend 30-75 plat for one... THEN they will go "LOL SCARF PACK" 250 plat BUY NOW SAVE 20 plat if you buy separate. 

Then all the little emos and goth will come out buy them and buy the black paint so they can be darker than dark. Also there will the the ego tripping people out there that are 3 cool 5 you

You seem to be mad about something.

Are you implying that everyone who bought the smoke color pack's an emo/goth?

Also, it's an cosmetic item that'll have no impact on the gameplay. Making it cost platinum is just fair.

You know... funny... I kind of thought Ninja in movies wore black. Silly... I guess they were just Emo/goth...

XwBM8Lb.jpg

Yep. Goth...

Now if it is a high tensile strength scarf with weights at each end that I can use to strangle Grineer sentries silently... Hmmm...

Edited by Kalenath

Now if it is a high tensile strength scarf with weights at each end that I can use to strangle Grineer sentries silently... Hmmm...

they never said it was a cosmetic item, it might be a melee weapon

grineer:"OUCH! it´s in my eye! be carefull you ding-dong!"

The main reason I find them silly is that I cannot see how they would fit the aesthetic of any of the Frames, expect maybe the new "Necro" Frame (Which looks overdone to begin with).

And in all honestly, yes, the little angsty teenagers will drool over this. Someone awhile back suggested capes, and it was met with two things:
"No. It makes no sense."
and
"No, we're ninjas we should have scarves because scarves are japanese cool ninja ninja."

I just cannot imagine an expert warrior in space planning hi next raid on the Grineer and saying "You know what? I think I need a scarf to match my body armor and armor piercing assault rifle."
It just does not fit. We're not in Ninja Gaiden, where it trails behind us all pretty like (The game focuses much more on fluid movement). Were in space, moving at breakneck speeds or moving between cover during a fire-fight.

If you don't like the idea of scarves (personally I haven't decided, and won't until I see what the designs are), then you're not required to buy them. Living in a very warm part of Australia, I might buy them even for the sheer novelty value they'd demonstrate to me.

And ultimately, it's not up to us, even those of us on the Design Council, to decide what fits and what does not with their idea of Warframe. That's the job of DE_Steve and all the other people who work on this game. And I doubt they'd be overly upset, even if you didn't like it; a reasonable human will accede to the idea that you don't like it, perhaps express regret but also ask you to realise that it's probably not going to alter the likelihood that they're going into the game. Their usage metrics, that they will undoubtedly gather after the introduction of these cosmetics will be the proof of if scarves (or anything else) 'fits' in Warframe. 

If you don't like the idea of scarves (personally I haven't decided, and won't until I see what the designs are), then you're not required to buy them. Living in a very warm part of Australia, I might buy them even for the sheer novelty value they'd demonstrate to me.

And ultimately, it's not up to us, even those of us on the Design Council, to decide what fits and what does not with their idea of Warframe. That's the job of DE_Steve and all the other people who work on this game. And I doubt they'd be overly upset, even if you didn't like it; a reasonable human will accede to the idea that you don't like it, perhaps express regret but also ask you to realise that it's probably not going to alter the likelihood that they're going into the game. Their usage metrics, that they will undoubtedly gather after the introduction of these cosmetics will be the proof of if scarves (or anything else) 'fits' in Warframe. 

I just hope that they don't provide ridiculous buffs, and are purely cosmetic as people say. Otherwise, I might need them.

You know... funny... I kind of thought Ninja in movies wore black. Silly... I guess they were just Emo/goth...

XwBM8Lb.jpg

Yep. Goth...

Notice the lack of Naruto-.esque scarf on this "real" ninja.

Black + Real Ninja = Cool

Black + Scarf Ninja = Emo

Notice also that historically, a practitioner of ninjutsu (a catch-all name describing many variations of an art) almost certainly did NOT dress like this in the first place. Mostly because (and this is conjecture) that wildly calling attention to yourself in the kind of professions many of them had (scouts, spying, assassinations and so forth) would be colossally stupid.

If you wish to discuss the difference between 'cool' and 'emo' (a difference that I happily admit to not giving 7.35 s**ts about), then do so without erroneous references to 'real ninja'. 

I just hope that they don't provide ridiculous buffs, and are purely cosmetic as people say. Otherwise, I might need them.

I entirely agree with that. 

This person again, and the amount of ignorance is even farther through the roof this time.

First off, again, we have a person who doesn't like scarves being the only one actually talking about anime. Secondly, Naruto has two characters with a scarf. The series barely plays with that image at all, which came years before Naruto even existed.

Finally, those black pajamas? Those were never a real thing, ever. Real ninja didn't have a uniform, they dressed as civilians.

Edited by FatalX7

Yes it is up to us in the council to implement these ideas. But not all yes votes for these items work out for the best. People do just vote because "it looks cool" and no other reason but that.

I think it's a dumb idea to be honest. But if others want them fine. But if they are long scarves and get in the way of others vision on targets or get in the way period. They should not be implemented.