Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston Buff

Ethice

With the introduction of the Grineer weapon; Hind, the Burston doesn't seem viable anymore. The Hind does the same amount of base damage, has far less recoil, a larger magazine and burst. I think the Burston could use a buff to make it more useful. Less recoil, more base damage and making the Burston buyable with credits again could go a long way in making it a more viable in higher level missions. It's fine for lower level planets, but the Braton and Hind both out shine the Burston mid to late game.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Burston

250px-Burston_zps30a56fc6.png

They also mentioned that they would still want early weapons to be viable with modding. Look at the Braton. That gun is amazing all around, but the Burston just seems to just keep being out done by everthing.

Edited by Ethice

The Burston can do just fine if you pay attention to counteracting the climb at upper levels.  It doesn't work for ED, but then, no burst rifle ever will, even if it was AI.

People keep singing the praises of this gun, but honestly, I just see a less ammo efficient Burston that can go probably five waves higher on ED.

Also, while I disagree with the design decision, DE wants upgrades.  Hind is supposed to be better than the Burston.  Deal with it I guess :(

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I don't know what you're talking about. The Burston may have a lower mag and burst, but that results in better ammo efficiency. The Hind can take 3 headshots to get a kill, then forces wasting additional ammo (example). I wouldn't call it a better weapon at all. And so what if they introduce weapon tiers? There is no problem with that. It means there is actually a form of PROGRESSION (about damn time if you ask me)

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

The Hind doesn't have weapon climb. I can lay out five consecutive headshots without having to fight my mouse to lower the recticle millimeters while the gun fires. It just seems like a pointless mechanic in the Burston. I have to build them both. Why would I pick the Burston over Hind except for personal preference or aesthetics?

This. Thread. Is. Pointless.

If DE is honestly going to be focusing on a Tiered System where you have a low level variation of a Gun and a High Level one, the fact that the Hind, is the Higher Tier Burst Rifle is ridiculous in my eyes. Mid-Tier at best. Yeah, the 5 Shot Burst is nice, the Insane Accuracy and nearly no recoil is also a perk. But the fact that the damege is exactly the same as Burston is the only reason this thread was most likely even made, because if it had 5 or 10 more damege points I know you wouldn't even be complaining, instead you'd be making the Hind right now. I get the feeling in the long run Hind will probably be buffed damege wise to make it so it's not practically a ridiculously high cost low yield burst rifle that's near identical to the burston.

This. Thread. Is. Pointless.

If DE is honestly going to be focusing on a Tiered System where you have a low level variation of a Gun and a High Level one, the fact that the Hind, is the Higher Tier Burst Rifle is ridiculous in my eyes. Mid-Tier at best. Yeah, the 5 Shot Burst is nice, the Insane Accuracy and nearly no recoil is also a perk. But the fact that the damege is exactly the same as Burston is the only reason this thread was most likely even made, because if it had 5 or 10 more damege points I know you wouldn't even be complaining, instead you'd be making the Hind right now. I get the feeling in the long run Hind will probably be buffed damege wise to make it so it's not practically a ridiculously high cost low yield burst rifle that's near identical to the burston.

I have both the Hind and the Burston. I made this thread because I like the Burston over the Hind, but the Hind seemed to replace the Burston. I never said the Hind was a high level weapon I just said it was more useful in higher level missions than the Burston.

Edited by Ethice

The Burston can do just fine if you pay attention to counteracting the climb at upper levels.

The amount of times I've heard this argument....

You shouldn't have to need to counteract the climb. The Braton never needed it, and now the Hind also doesn't need it. So when you're using a Burston, you have to put extra effort just to keep it competitive, and even then both other guns outperform it.

Edited by PaperAlien

I have both the Hind and the Burston. I made this thread because I like the Burston over the Hind, but the Hind seemed to replace the Burston. I never said the Hind was a high level weapon I just said it was more useful in higher level missions than the Burston.

The thing is, current High Levels the Burston or the Hind wouldn't work well in. (I'm talking T3 Defense or Wave 50+ Xini or something like that) For one thing, no AI, for another, there Burst Rifles. The best Frame I can see using the Hind with is Banshee due to its accuracy it would work great in combination with Sonar, while the Burston is still good for any Frame in it's own rights. But in the long run both of them suffer the drop off all bullet type weps in this game currently due and that Acrid or Despair becomes your primary. (Or Boltor for those of you out there)

Anyhow all I'm getting at is DE has already decided to Tier the weps in this game and make one that works better in low-mid levels and another that would do well in high levels. Currently the Hind or the Burston don't do that, and if this is how we're going to see the Tiers work I'm really disappointed, and if we get into things like Gorgon - Supra (Unless you wanna say the Supra is an upgrade for the Dera, though I hardly believe that) the Supra is a blatant upgrade. Yet the Hind is such a minor upgrade it's not even funny. All the Hind really needs is 5-10 more Damege and it'd be a pretty good burst rifle for more end game, but as it stands now even fully modded it wont be doing much to level 150+ Enemys that have armor scaling through the roof.

Edited by EinRyu

Burst weapons will always be terrible for ED simply because they rely on the ability kill in one click.  Anything other than that and they have abysmal TTK and DPS.

You shouldn't have to need to counteract the climb. The Braton never needed it, and now the Hind also doesn't need it. So when you're using a Burston, you have to put extra effort just to keep it competitive, and even then both other guns outperform it.

Many people like myself happen to like the mechanic.  As I've also said countless times, I support the addition of a new weapon/skin for the Burston/Hind that delays recoil until the end at the cost of a reduced fire rate.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I hear this argument everytime I bring this up. You have to put in extra effort to be not even equal. The Burston just doesn't have the same impact of Braton or the satisfaction of the Snipetron. It just sits there in between not being as good as either. I learned to comphensate for the recoil. It wasn't difficult. I just like the weapon and would like to use it for more than just play cops and robbers with the kiddy Grineer after school.

The thing is, current High Levels the Burston or the Hind wouldn't work well in. (I'm talking T3 Defense or Wave 50+ Xini or something like that) For one thing, no AI, for another, there Burst Rifles. The best Frame I can see using the Hind with is Banshee due to its accuracy it would work great in combination with Sonar, while the Burston is still good for any Frame in it's own rights. But in the long run both of them suffer the drop off all bullet type weps in this game currently due and that Acrid or Despair becomes your primary. (Or Boltor for those of you out there)

Anyhow all I'm getting at is DE has already decided to Tier the weps in this game and make one that works better in low-mid levels and another that would do well in high levels. Currently the Hind or the Burston don't do that, and if this is how we're going to see the Tiers work I'm really disappointed, and if we get into things like Gorgon - Supra (Unless you wanna say the Supra is an upgrade for the Dera, though I hardly believe that) the Supra is a blatant upgrade. Yet the Hind is such a minor upgrade it's not even funny. All the Hind really needs is 5-10 more Damege and it'd be a pretty good burst rifle for more end game, but as it stands now even fully modded it wont be doing much to level 150+ Enemys that have armor scaling through the roof.

Don't forget the Sobek/HEK sporting maxed out Point Blank + Blaze (lol fire, more base damage), Flechette + Accelerated Blast and Hell's Chamber.