The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Those Who Finished The Sacrifice (Spoilers)

Tellakey

On 2018-06-18 at 12:36 PM, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

RE: The story not fitting ("feeling off") or being incomplete
Steve's periscope stream on June 14th
Around 4:15 Steve mentions that Umbra wasn't even supposed to be a part of The Sacrifice, but because people were so interested in Umbra, they felt the need to rework this last one to be about him, dropping the original script for The Sacrifice.

Now I’m curious. What would the original script be about? How would’ve it went?

Although I’m glad they gave us Umbra. Wouldn’t change this for anything else.

On 2018-06-14 at 11:10 PM, Tellakey said:

So just finished the Sacrificed. Loving the new duo-mechanic, was blown away, disturbed, and crushed by the cyber-horror modification Ballas has done to Lotus/Margulis, great expectations toward the future of this lore.

However... am I missing something? All in all, we get an Umbra Excalibur, a nikana, five new mods, and... that's it? No grind? Nothing to farm? No new Kuva/Focus-like resource? I thought that at the very least this would generate some kind of new income avenue for DE, but I can't figure out anything.

Thoughts?

Ballas did what to lotus? She's always been a sentient, she can just shapeshift.

On 2018-06-15 at 5:57 PM, JBoy85 said:

I'm totally happy with what they did and it confirmed a theory about why if the Warframe a are constructed why they have the same gender ie why you don't see male Embers or female Rhinos. They're templates of the umbra of that Warframe that was created from an original volunteer/victim. But now we have to ask... Will we see other umbra's? Will there be a quest to unlock the first Saryn or Volt? Have they teased future quests or a whole new variation of the warframes and now we'll all expect every one to have a regular, prime and umbra version?

And I still want space mom back. I reckon ballad stripped off the Margulis shell she was using and we saw her true sentient self. We might be able to rescue her and construct a new lotus body for her. 

Umbras aren't the first. By the time we see the 'guy' get converted into excal umbra, Ballas had essentially perfected the art of making frames. It's just that Ballas is a jerk and decided to make a frame that also had memories of it's past life, even if only a fragment. 

On 2018-06-15 at 5:45 PM, Khazid_Hae said:

You might be looking at a composite personality with Natah/Margulis or at least Natah has more compassion for the frames than at first or it could simply be that Ballas convinced Natah that the umbra frame was too dangerous. The last bit is probably closer to the truth. Its obvious Ballas is adept at manipulating perception. 

Remember, sentients really, really love their families. And to Lotus  the tenno were her family at the time, and she decided she wasn't giving it up. It's like she got a boatload of free puppies and then someone told her to shoot them all, so instead she hid away.

What Ballas did was remind her that she still had a different family in the tau system (or somewhere), so she headed thataway. She didn't kill us because we're still her metalhorical family. Spacemom won't kill the babies at the moment, not without a really  really good reason.