Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions Have No Depth. Here's How To Fix It.

Boatsniper

Can I just add up with one of my old posts that tackle the same issues? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64514-suggestions-for-alert-gameplay-and-upcoming-mission-overhauls-needs-devs-attention/

feel free to take anything you want from there, I'd be happy.

Also I feel like raid came back as orokin Vaults. And pretty much exactly as I suggested somewhere: with artifacts that negatively affect the team and individual players (dragon keys). And artifact being the mod itself.

Edited by Aure7

Can I just add up with one of my old posts that tackle the same issues? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64514-suggestions-for-alert-gameplay-and-upcoming-mission-overhauls-needs-devs-attention/

feel free to take anything you want from there, I'd be happy.

Also I feel like raid came back as orokin Vaults. And pretty much exactly as I suggested somewhere: with artifacts that negatively affect the team and individual players (dragon keys). And artifact being the mod itself.

Added your thread to the OP. I really should have done that earlier...

As for the Orokin Vaults, they were poorly implemented. No question about it. However, it can be fixed in a very simple way: let solo players carry all 4 keys at once. This will replace (one of) the RNG walls with a skill wall. With all of these debuffs on your frame, you suddenly need to play cautiously just so you don't get killed. It will also guarantee a reward because you played skillfully.

Unfortunately, this is a very, very bad spiritual successor to Raid missions. It's nice that we finally have "side-objectives" in some form, but this isn't the way to implement it. I understand it's a free-to-play game and progress will be slow, but progress shouldn't be ridiculously tedious and depressingly frustrating.

Added your thread to the OP. I really should have done that earlier...

As for the Orokin Vaults, they were poorly implemented. No question about it. However, it can be fixed in a very simple way: let solo players carry all 4 keys at once. This will replace (one of) the RNG walls with a skill wall. With all of these debuffs on your frame, you suddenly need to play cautiously just so you don't get killed. It will also guarantee a reward because you played skillfully.

Unfortunately, this is a very, very bad spiritual successor to Raid missions. It's nice that we finally have "side-objectives" in some form, but this isn't the way to implement it. I understand it's a free-to-play game and progress will be slow, but progress shouldn't be ridiculously tedious and depressingly frustrating.

*Mind blown* why has nobody thought about this earlier? All keys with the effects sounds awesome.

Also you can simply cut some tiny parts from my post that you think is worth mentioned.

The only way to fix missions not having depth is to play another game.  And that's the god honest truth.  DE have gone comatose, the house is on fire and the circus animals are running free in the streets.  Viva la revolucion!

Edited by alocrius

• 3 weeks later...

Almost a 1 month bump...

Cleaned up the OP a bit (fixed some spelling errors, added a few disclaiming statements, if that's even the right word for them).

I honestly don't know why I'm bumping this anymore. Everything that needs to be said has been said. Now it's just a waiting game to see if these ideas will show any merit for the game's future.

• 2 weeks later...