Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Restrict Missions To Mastery Level Or Hours Played

OaKLeYz

I'm quite tired of having new players being brought to maps like Xini or Kappa. Constantly dying and then raging at the others for not reviving them after 4 previous deaths. Happens way too often to me.

I think one of the things wrong with this game is the fact that a completely new player can technically "beat" any part of the game without killing 1 single enemy or even firing 1 single bullet.

The problem is, bad players will still get into the late game, and through the same channels they always do.

If it's an play time requirement, expect a sudden influx of online games where the host just sits in spawn and waits.

If it's a mastery requirement, bad players will simply stand on the shoulders of better players, by leaching XP to level their weapons.

The problem ultimately stems from the fact that bad players can get help. Of course, the obvious solution would be to the detriment of the game.

Just a fact of the problem I suppose.

Agreed, I think they should remove the ability to "lift" a player to missions they do not yet "qualify" to do for a HUGE number of reasons.

1. Frames are too low level/not modded for enough survivability(this causes them to be a burden to their team not an asset)

2.Weapons are all usually credit weapons or starting weapons, which cannot perform well enough on higher level content(again burden not an asset)

3.The whole begging for rides to alerts or other missions they have not "earned" would stop(would also provide incentive to complete provided levels rather than getting a ride to the best spots to farm)

4.Players that do not know HOW HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS PLAY ARE A BURDEN.

In closing they cannot be an ASSET to the team, therefore they are a BURDEN.

Um, no?

I take my friends to higher level areas so they don't need to spend ages grinding to solo the early game.

cool

so now we have someone to blame for the lvl 5 excal at xini who runs off and dies then uses all caps as if to scream "IM DOWN, HALP".

please dont help bambies get to areas they have no business being in. if nothing else, they are missing out on what little game there is in warframe.

The only time I'm ok with helping someone bypass missions is when there are Defense missions blocking the path that people generally don't play. They can't be solo'd (without the right frame) so you either need a decent group or someone to carry you past it. I'm still blocked by Kappa because I hate dealing with random online players. Nor do I enjoy spending the time to try to do it.

No, restrictions are always lame, they should add a kick button for host, with a voting system for the team members.

Even group filters for a host, like MR minimums and one weapon with all mod slots filled..or running a check on vit/redirection mods. I've run into people trying to level 0 novas on Kiste...with no defense mods...i know you need xp man but really bro? Use your first 14 slots wisely if your leveling something up.

DON'T ask to add restrictions.

DO ask to add options. com'on guys.

You can still run into a higher ranked lame/angry player so idk maybe our solutions won't solve the problem but it would help. They are working on the reputation system maybe something will tie into that.

Edited by Xorpheus

I am fine with setting up restrictions for mission, but I would prefer it was attached to level value of equipment. They already scale Vor based on level values, it should not be that hard for DE to let the host set minimum requirements for the mission they start. The restriction could also be based on equipped mod total value corresponding to weapon type equipped. I am fine with the idea master requirement and I am not arguing against it.

I do not like the idea of people joining a high level mission when they are only using a run to level up all 3 of their weapon and a new warframe.

Edited by LazyKnight

I agree, but I think a better way would be to lock planets regardless of host. Meaning, you would have to 100% complete (or at the very least kill the boss) on Mercury before you could go to Venus. Then the same for Venus --> Earth, etc. So even if you have, lets say high-level clan mate, if they invited you to Xini, you would be denied access unless that planet was already unlocked.

Edited by Eulo

As a rule, I'm against restrictions because I am a terrible player. Do I think Level 5's should get to planets and systems I have trouble with? No, I don't. However, As aforementioned, There will always be terrible players. I think a host votekick system would work wonderfully. 

Now, to inspect my flamesuit for holes.

Now, to inspect my flamesuit for holes.

Terrible players are fine, players that do not even have weapon that can kill the NPC are not.

I found this out the hard way on a few Xin runs that gear matters and it is a progression based game. On one of the Xin runs, I had 2 people bail at wave 10(trolling by swapping from battle to leave at 1 second left) and the guy that kept going with me couldn't kill the NPC without getting killed(I think he had a bad gun and bad mods). I revived him 3-4 times and got to wave 15 so I could get my reward and leave.

If nothing else, defense and nightmare modes need some type of gear check or a way to inspect the other players before the mission starts.

Edited by LazyKnight

cool

so now we have someone to blame for the lvl 5 excal at xini who runs off and dies then uses all caps as if to scream "IM DOWN, HALP".

please dont help bambies get to areas they have no business being in. if nothing else, they are missing out on what little game there is in warframe.

How about no? My friends are competent and know to stay out of harm. I've never once had to rezz on Xini because they're wise enough to STAY OUT OF THE FIGHT AND JUST FIRE DOWN AS SUPPORTS.

Don't tell me how to play or how to help my friends.