Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Ati Users - A Question

Lucilius

Question

Do you custom configure your GPU performance per application via its control center program or do you just leave it all to "USE APPLICATION SETTINGS"?

(I ask because I may have reinstalled MWO for nothing because I may have made it produce video anomalies and artifacts 

by tinkering with my GPU's anti-aliasing settings to "OVERRIDE APPLICATION SETTINGS" and setting up the details manually.) Edited by Lucilius

5 answers to this question

I always leave it at "use application settings" I find for most modern game's the in-game settings are good enough for me.

ps: When trouble shooting it is often a good idea to revert changes you made to the system before reinstalling things hehe ;) 

I remember getting this problem with MWO too.. If im not mistaken the only way to solve it is to set the "anti aliasin" and "anistropic filtering" settings to application settings. You might have to set it to lowest i forgot.

I do custom configure the gpu for warframe aswell as other games. But i wont always use anti aliasing unless im playing full screen mode. But i just max anti aliasing too. (select edge detect and x8)

But defintely Anistropic filtering is worth setting manually (max it) in the ATI control panel if you have the power to max it.

Edited by CarrotSalad

I remember getting this problem with MWO too.. If im not mistaken the only way to solve it is to set the "anti aliasin" and "anistropic filtering" settings to application settings. You might have to set it to lowest i forgot.

I do custom configure the gpu for warframe aswell as other games. But i wont always use anti aliasing unless im playing full screen mode. But i just max anti aliasing too. (select edge detect and x8)

But defintely Anistropic filtering is worth setting manually (max it) in the ATI control panel if you have the power to max it.

I honestly cannot see the difference. 

Still, if it didn't have any problems with MWO, I would max it manually.

5 days ago bought a new pc,with an amd processor and a amd graphic (HD 7870)

I'm kinda lost with the Ati Graphic card since i always had nvidia/intel computers.

I had a similar bug with my older pc with the Trees and plants on skyrim getting blurry as hell.

I fixed it by lowering the AA on the Nvidia panel.