Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catalyst/reactor - Credit Version!

Fourdee

This has been suggested before, almost identical to how it is here. I doubt they'll do it, though I think it would be good if they did.

The current system needs some more fleshing out before they add extra levels of catalysts and reactors I think as well. Currently without a reactor your frame is worthless, but with one, especially with auras, you end up with extra points. Most weapons with a catalyst end up the same, with spare points. We need more expensive, useful mods to justify those points, and to force us to make more tradeoffs to justify forma on frames which have reactors to begin with.

I think in the future, when we have a much wider variety of mods, with different effects and possibly even multiple levels of power with higher cost ratios, it will make sense to even existing upgrades out as infrequent ingame, with a credit-bought weaker version, and maybe even a more rare but stronger version. Right now though with how reactors are already overkill, I think too many people would be content with just the credit reactor.

Well i think at least they must make potatoes farmable just like formas.I know they want money but how much money...also  its not ''fair'' just to buy them or w8 for an alert.People buy more formas than catalyst even if formas can be farmed.If they want money they must make more cosmetics or...dunno...something like that.You can buy everything in this game just to save your time or you can farm everything and w8 for the results.Right?

How to get slots and potatoes:

1. Stop drinking cola for a week.

2. Go to your mother's credit card.

3. Charge the credit card and hand her the $5 you saved as payment.

4. Slots! Potatoes!

(Anyone remember this brilliant post?)

Edited by AlchemistMute

Free to play game where only inventory slots or cosmetics require real money!*

*pay up or enjoy having a worthless frame/weapon untill we decide to do a livestream or that 0.01% change to get a catalyst/reactor shows up lololololo

Inb4 durr hurr suport the devs.I REALLY don't have any available method to pay for stuff online (also guess what?Crappy economy!1 euro is worth a lot more in my country than in the wonderfull world of western europe, so even if I could....but thats another story).

Also most f2p games are grind or buy, but here its buy or be fooled thinking theres an actual change you might get dat extra 30 mod cap from "RNG".

Oh and here's an earlier post of mine regarding taters/inventory slots for free players:

Meh, of course people that have enough money to buy plat and a life time suply of reactors/catalyts will just mindlessly object/not care about problems such as having to delete potatoed frames because of the lack of slots.

Don't get me wrong, im not yelling for infinite slots on a free account.It would be fine by me if I would have to delete a frame that I potatoed to replace it with another one and level it from 0 as long as I'd be guaranteed said frame would not be useless at high levels, AKA I'd still have my potato from the one I deleted.

Right now its delete frame->make new frame->enjoy 30 mod slot free to play experience untill maybe perhaps one day you get a reactor.

There is a free version of Orokin Catalyst/Reactor, it's called Blue Prints.

It ain't happenin.

mainly cause 100k is too cheap but still DE need to make $$$ cause so THIS

Face it, they give you patterns for those items. Yes they are rare, but if you want to get ahead fast you can spend some real world money and get them quicker. They are doing quite well for a F2P game because outside of color palettes and the vanity sentinel parts there is nothing in the game that requires you to spend real world money to obtain. Just old fashion time and sweat (if you sweat from moving your fingers... please see your doctor.)

They have to make money to develop the game, unless you want ads everywhere. "Wave 6 Incoming, Hemroids? Preparation H." I bet everyone would love Lotus saying that.

A more realistic idea is asking DE to make the drops more regular. This though would cut into profits. Another idea is the rare drop of a piece or two of plat so over time you can actually earn enough plat to buy one. This would help players who have to play it F2P or refuse to spend money. I doubt it would happen because players who do spend money, from a little to a lot, would probably be irritated finishing a t3 mission to get 5 plat (ie $.33 USD)

Would it stack with Auras and regular reactors?

So, could I end up with 92 mod capacity?

You forgot forma

15 from this one , 30 from normal + base = 75 + aura = 89 , not to forget the super cool forma , if you forma anything 8 times, that cuts the requirements in half resulting in +30 capacity.

So in total you'll get 119 capacity from this + existing stuff.

Fun fact: 45 points + 14 from an Aura = 59 points. That's essentially installing a Reactor for free. As for weapons, well, you can fit anything on with enough Forma.

Plus catalyst alerts come around quite often. Reactors aren't bad either we had one just an hour ago.

You forgot forma

15 from this one , 30 from normal + base = 75 + aura = 89 , not to forget the super cool forma , if you forma anything 8 times, that cuts the requirements in half resulting in +30 capacity.

So in total you'll get 119 capacity from this + existing stuff.

Installing a platinum reactor/catalyst would remove the "basic" 15p version.

You cant have both. That would be simply stupid ;)

Installing a platinum reactor/catalyst would remove the "basic" 15p version.

You cant have both. That would be simply stupid ;)

The idea as a whole is stupid really if you think about it.

The platinum version may be better, but it's not free.

Fact is, it'd need to be significantly weaker then your suggestion, or the platinum version would need to be stronger in order to make the difference actually worth the upgrade.

I appreciate the whole thing you're doing, but as someone who hasn't bought a founders pack, (and also assuming you haven't bought platinum) it sounds like you're suggesting this for your own benefit so you don't have to spend money.

And it's not the first time someone has tried this sort of stunt.

Also.

Compromise -

1. agreement: a settlement of a dispute in which two or more sides agree to accept less than they originally wanted

There is no dispute, you want free stuff.

You're not accepting less then you originally wanted, you want free stuff.