Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo + Tenno synergy

Demiurge.exe

Hello Team DE,

I have a short run down of the possibly unintended adjustment to the mechanics between Operator and Limbo. I hope to shine some light on this as a gentlemen as it changes the methods of combat in a clunky way. Especially with the vast amount of people playing with their Umbra Excals this issue can be jarring adding to the stigma against Limbo. 

With the adjustment to the duration (sadly) of the stasis mechanic we tend to use it more often, which is costing energy of course. This is nullified by using Rift Surge which is fine and dandy. While at max energy, I tend to use my Operator beam specifically with Limbo in stasis to burn mobs down, its a lotta fun. Before the Stasis adjustment it was a niche workaround to the bullet velocity being stopped. 

The issue now; is that the Operator in general is unable to harm anything while Stasis is active, beam weapon and the others seem to have no effect. Void blast as well is not harming any mobs within the Cataclysm Stasis combo. This did not seem like an intended situation so I just want to bring it forward. If I can provide any more information I'll be prepared too do so.

Thank you for your sacrifice

Demiurge.exe

Edit: Upon more testing: The tenno cannot interact with any enemies with in Cataclysm at all.

Edit 2:

Limbo prime has dropped in, and now more than ever the lack of functionality between operators and the rift is more apparent. Expect these posts to pop up frequently. In the image below the beam is passing through all enemies, as well as other amp build it will not harm anything within the rift. This is a new issue I've come across as a limbo fan.

Edit 3/4:

Video of the matter at hand: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M3x60jp0BcEmjnQWF7n8vjh3Efva8wrB

Edited by Demiurgeexe
Updated information

49 minutes ago, Demiurgeexe said:

I'm working on that currently.

I gave it a try. You are definitely correct. The operator can no longer hurt anything that is in the rift. Hopefully this is just a bug, or DE will let us rift our operators.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I gave it a try. You are definitely correct. The operator can no longer hurt anything that is in the rift. Hopefully this is just a bug, or DE will let us rift our operators.

Just uploaded the video to the youtoob. It makes me not enjoy my time with limbo, I'm a big fan of peppering in my operator tactics. The issue popped up when they adjusted the parameters of the stasis ability. I think it's unintended for sure.

Wait. The operator could never hurt anything in the rift before. That's because the operator can't go in the rift. Its why they can hack consoles or life support even if Cataclysm was on top of it.

If you're an operator and inside the cataclysm bubble, you can amp enemies outside of the bubble but you can't hit enemies inside of it. Its always been like that. Coincidentally, enemies outside the bubble can hit the operator in the bubble.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Wait. The operator could never hurt anything in the rift before. That's because the operator can't go in the rift. Its why they can hack consoles or life support even if Cataclysm was on top of it.

If you're an operator and inside the cataclysm bubble, you can amp enemies outside of the bubble but you can't hit enemies inside of it. Its always been like that. Coincidentally, enemies outside the bubble can hit the operator in the bubble.

It did work thats the thing. The beam weapon imparticular did function before the Limbo Stasis update. I've spent a good while collecting cryotic with my Limbo + Beam tenno combo.

Edited by Demiurgeexe
typo