Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to have Excalibur Prime, Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime?

AllFiery

Question

Hear me out! I just wanna ask this question because I’m really curious. Okay, so Excalibur Prime and Excalibur Umbra Prime are both exclusive for founders only (Umbra Prime being for founders in China). So, if I were to travel back in time (which of course not possible) when the founder’s package is still available, can I login my account in China, pay for the founder’s package there (Excalibur Umbra Prime), then go to Canada (or somewhere else where Warframe is in english), login my account then pay for the other founder’s package (Excalibur Prime), and travel back to the present, play The Sacrifice Quest, then claim Excalibur Umbra?

I know it’s possible to own 2 of where the other one must be Excalibur Umbra and the other must be either of the other two.

(not possible now, since the founder’s pack is over)

probably a dumb question, sorry in advance.

11 answers to this question

well, given the improbabilities aside, with a time machine yes, you could in fact go back, buy founders from The Original WF startup in 2013 founders, leap forward to china release purchase that one with the note that you could not buy it on the same account but would rather have to make a chinese account, then come forward and get the Umbra as well. 

So hypothetically yes. though some limitations apply.

Edited by Babellon

2 minutes ago, Babellon said:

well, given the improbabilities aside, with a time machine yes, you could in fact go back, buy founders from The Original WF startup in 2013 founders, leap forward to china release purchase that one with the note that you could not buy it on the same account but would rather have to make a chinese account, then come forward and get the Umbra as well. 

So Theoretically yes. though some limitations apply.

Ohh... Chinese accounts and Canadian (or other countries) accounts doesn’t link and ain’t the same. A bit racist in my opinion, but ehh, I can’t do anything about it anyway. 

Edited by Trapzz07

2 minutes ago, Trapzz07 said:

So china is basically ripping off DE? Or does DE get paid for it?

DE released WF in China in 2015-6(?), in partnership with one of the companies there. DE is the parent company and sends updated data to China at which point they modify it and release it there. 

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

It's the same game, just 'run separately' to cater for chinese laws etc (I assume)

yes, in essence. 

15 minutes ago, Trapzz07 said:

So china is basically ripping off DE? Or does DE get paid for it?

Excalibur Umbra Prime was the Chinese server's version of a Founder's reward Frame like how worldwide had Excalibur Prime for it's founders. To say the least, it would be unfair to give away Excalibur Prime or Excalibur Umbra Prime on either server since founders put in a lot of money to get a frame that's suppose to never return. Besides, Umbra is strong enough with all these special functions and some special mods he came with and no Prime.

Edited by (PS4)Brenden751

1 minute ago, (PS4)Brenden751 said:

Besides, Umbra is strong enough without a Prime and I think he even has the same base stats of Excalibur Prime but with special functions and some special mods that make him a great sentient slayer.

Nahh, I just wanna know if it’s possible to get them all to complete a set of collections... yes, I’m just a collector and I’ll just fashion frame them and leave them in my arsenal like a Pokemon stuck in a storage PC along with others... and will sometimes use them when I want to.

Hope this doesn’t bother anyone. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Trapzz07 said:

Nahh, I just wanna know if it’s possible to get them all to complete a set of collections... yes, I’m just a collector and I’ll just fashion frame them and leave them in my arsenal like a Pokemon stuck in a storage PC along with others... and will sometimes use them when I want to.

Hope this doesn’t bother anyone. 🤣

The answer is simply no, we will never have Excalibur Prime / Umbra Prime made publicly available to non-founders.
I think DE could even get in trouble for False-Advertisement if they did bring back a founder frame that is never suppose to return or become publicly available.

Edited by (PS4)Brenden751

Well at least Nidus Prime can still be a thing in the future. I’ll just be patient... and if DE made him a some sort of “year 2019 Founders’ Exclusive” I swear, I’ll cry non-stop.

yeah... Nidus is my favorite.