The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] The Sacrifice is very underwhelming.

Voghelm

the worst was the hacking puzzle... "puzzle". like it was designed to be solvable by a lobotomized chimp. i mean c'mon, we know you can do better (lua). this was obviously just arbitrary stretching out. the actual action was rather trivial, too, with a properly geared operator, but i guess that was to be expected. anyway overall it wasn't much of a unique experience but i guess that's what you get when you got too many irons in the fire at once.

the cinematics in itself were alright. kinda dug the "locked in syndrome" scenario, quite intense. but the "grand finale", the way ballas fell... quite anticlimactic. thankfully i'm not much of a lore buff anayway. wish they'd spent more effort on game mechanics than cinematics and conventions but yo, can't please everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall correctly The Sacrifice was oroginally not gonna have Umbra in the first place, but pressure from us players for an Excal upgrade made them decide to add him in here, but forced them to have to rework the quest to fit him, and it in total only has about 3-4 months of actual work put into it. So yeah, it's underwhelming in comparison to the other cinematic quests, but between Venus, massive weapon reworks, Khora, potential Sentient outpost, scrapping Damage 2.5, and everything for Tennocon, I can see how it could've fallen by the wayside, they DO only have about 170 dev working on stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that this is quite comparable to the Fable franchise. The first one was very good, pretty damn great actually. The second one was pretty good, not as great as the first but still very good. The third compared to the other 2 just plain isn't good, on its own it holds up pretty well, but once you start comparing it just kinda falls apart.