Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captcha Is Broke On Website Log-In

TwoWolves

Spent over a half-hour wrestling with Captcha to log into the system, and gave up. This isn't the first time, either.

inb4 Maybe you're not doing it right.

No, the problem is this: First, it asks me to select all panels with cars, then shows me some super grainy photos in which sometimes it's difficult to tell what the picture is. So I select all cars. Please Try Again! Then, it asks me to select all panels with buses. Grainy photos, but I do. Please Try Again! Grainy photos, and street signs, half of which are in chinese and I'm sorry, but I'm not learning Mandarin to pass a captcha. I select them all with a sign. Please Try Again. Now, it's storefronts. Then it's streets. Then it's cars again. Then street signs. Over and over and over I selected the correct photos and each time, Please Try Again! 

My computer is a mac book, and it has the latest software updates. I am using it over a wifi, through Spectrum. My flash is up to date.

Really getting tired of the captcha to log in every hour, especially when it doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same issue when I tried to login through Chrome (I normally use Firefox).

The captcah system currently does not work, even if you get the captcha portion to finally realize that you clicked everything properly, the login page will then "reset" by saying "Please verify that you  are human" despite passing the captcha.

Really? Hmm..I thought I was the only one...so..I'm not a special snowflake? lmao

Yeah, I've already been trying to get their attention. Their support tickets are a joke, because they turn around and say, "Oh, we're so sorry for the inconvenience! Here's a help webpage that you didn't ask for and don't want that has nothing to do with the forum website being broken that we hope distracts you from realizing that we're not going to switch from a broken Google CAPTCHA to one that isn't broken, like SolveMedia, because it's Google! Haha!"

Seriously, their response so far has been to delay and dissimulate. "Oh, this is for reporting bugs on the PC game." Really? How come you don't have a category for reporting forum bugs? What is it going to take for you to kick that POS Google-powered CATPCHA B.S. (because that's all it is--a steaming pile of ****) to the curb and switch to one that is easier on your consumer/customer base? The entire network going down because some mook in India hired a farm of people to game the CAPTCHA so they could steal credit card info?

SOLVEMEDIA!!! GO THERE!!! Jesus, does DE even listen at all?

Here's an excerpt from the other thread I posted about this:

The problem is that CAPTCHA continues to be broken because now, these larger hacking organizations just farm out the CAPTCHA to live people in India somewhere who get paid to answer the CAPTCHAs for them. There's articles on this. And now, CAPTCHA, after working in this same location before without any problems, suddenly decides to start acting up? I have tried other browsers including firefox and chrome with the same results. My connection is 100 MBPS. So it's not internet connectivity, either, and I'm right outside downtown Milwaukee, so it's not an infrastructure problem, either. And my computer is up to date with all the latest updates. Nor is it my settings as there is nothing that is turned on that would be causing connectivity problems.

The problem is actually manifold: I am being logged out of my account well below the threshold of inactivity-log-outs, when I am demonstrating clear activity on the website by clicking on different threads to read. And once logged out, I am having trouble with CAPTCHA. The two problems are not related as one precedes the other, and had I not the one issue, the other issue wouldn't exist at all. 

Now, for the first problem, I have demonstrated that it cannot be on my end to the best of my ability, which means that it is on this site's end. This leaves one of two possibilities.

I am either being logged out because something is jiggy on the site's end with the way it interacts with Apple OS and it's connectivity to the internet, or someone on this site is deliberately targeting me and messing with my account by logging me out. 

For the second problem, CAPTCHA is broken, and I have no doubt that there are other Apple users who have conflicts with Google as Google is a direct competitor of Apple. Nor am the first to complain about CAPTCHA on this website. Here is a link proving it.

What's funny is, after I made this post, suddenly my stealth-logouts stopped, which makes me think even more that there was someone on this site messing with my account. Actually, scratch that. Apparently, they haven't stopped. I just spent the last 34 minutes attempting to log back in.

Does DE not care that there is a moderator or other staff member here hijacking my account? Probably not...

Edited by TwoWolves

Spent another hour fighting with captcha on this site. Gave up, waited two hours or so, spent another fifteen minutes with this pile of crap robot-check b.s. before I lost the connection and I got the Too Many Logins attemtped warning so I had to use my AnonymX yet again because YOUR site is bugging out. Technically, that's a breach of YOUR end of the EULA since you are not providing a product to me, the consumer, that works.

I want arbitration.

@[DE]Danielle

Heya. I'm also struggling with reCaptcha nowadays - they must have enlarged the time to load those pictures after each click, previously they appeared in an instant.
The worst situation is, that it's claiming you wrong for veracious actions. The thing is - if the bigger amount of users actually click the wrong pictures, google thinks after a time, that the incorrect input is the truth. In this way, reCaptcha have to be replaced with a valid solution.

• 3 years later...