The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] The Sacrifice - Story based combat

TheWackyWombat

I'm not exactly a consistent Warframe player, but I've loved every story-line that's been released so when 'The Sacrifice' came out I had to jump back in.

I have to say, as much as I enjoyed 'The Sacrifice' I almost quit out of frustration due to the combat... twice. I've never found the Operator combat especially engaging outside the story missions, so I admit I may have forgotten some of the tricks, but I found the fights where I had to drain Umbra's shields some of the most frustrating situations I've ever encountered in this game. 

The only way I found to do it was with the Void beam, but Umbra's abilities almost always staggered or one shot my operator. Even when I ran away to get enough space for transference I found that Umbra still managed to kill me mid-transference a few times... I had to use 2 resurrects on that fight alone.

The second Umbra fight wasn't as bad, it shooting as he charged me, dying and doing it all again; The Umbra V Sentient fight on the other hand, went terribly. I probably haven't played Excal since launch, I just don't enjoy his play-style or melee based frames, so I did not enjoy getting thrown immediately into a fight. I died once just trying to remember any of his moves, and there's a chance I would have failed the mission if I hadn't just swapped to my operator to slowly grind down the Sentients (yes, I'm that bad with Excal). I know Umbra was central to the story-line, and that fight was probably to make me feel BA, but it did the complete opposite.

Were these fights (well, mainly the Umbra fights) supposed to be this difficult, or did I miss something? I thought the rest of the mission was amazing, it's just those two fights that almost wrecked the entire experience for me.

I'm going to presume you missed the Plains of Eidolon grind for Focus, Amps and Operator Arcanes; my Operator runs with 2 Magus Vigor Arcanes, with the 2nd being Rank 2 and an Amp which uses the grenade launching prism but has the rest the same as the tier 1 Amp.

You would've had it easier if you did that and got those Arcanes and maybe at least the Vazarin health regen and Madurai Amp recharge speed Waybound nodes.

As for having trouble with Excal Umbra (using him, that is), use 2 then 4 and build him for rage and life strike on his Exalted weapon.

If going against him again for whatever reason, then I suggest trying to Void Blast him more often. The main problem I personally had with the fights was how he was able to damage the Operator even in Void mode, but they were hard due to being bossfights I would suppose.

That's the price you pay for ignoring the operator and heavily favouring x warframes instead of getting to know each at least a little. Just as you would've paid if you never upgraded you mods or warframe or didn't put any catalyst in your weapons.

With some focus upgrades and a custom amp you can melt Umbra, Sentients and Shadow stalker with literally nothing but an operator.

I'm someone who pretty much hates them. But I didn't ignore that thing and it paid off.

Цитата

Were these fights (well, mainly the Umbra fights) supposed to be this difficult, or did I miss something?

They're about as difficult as fighting Void Vor. Hard if you're mr 0 exal with 2 unleveled mods at your posession, a laugh if you bothered to get stuff done.

Edited by -Temp0-