Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vandals, "play Now" Incentives And Other Free Exlusives.....

J-Pax

I'm sure many of the community know about the existence of Vandal's, maybe even the CBT weapons, so I won't go into detail regarding those. However, there's also been a "play now" incentive for a custom braton skin (perhaps just a skin with no additional stat benefits) and the Pendragon Excalibur helmet.

Before I start going on, I'd like to make it clear that if you're inclined to believe you're entitled to a potentially superior weapon over other players, or if you're one of the few that insists that you don't need to balance weapons (i.e. GAMEPLAY) in a PVE game, please go and look up the threads providing a counter argument to that, and then come back.

Basically, people have either joined the game after events or had things going on during events. Thus, they have missed the exclusive weaponry that has come along with them. I would like to petition that these weapon's blueprints are cycled into reward tables for Raid, ED, etc thus allowing players a chance to get these weapons.

I'm not saying that they should be guaranteed to drop, I would be happy if they had a 0.001% chance to appear in the drop box - so long as they were able to drop. Not to mention that they could also be a decent trading resource when trading is implemented, if BP trading is allowed.

Just a note: Yes, I missed the Snipetron/Snipetron Vandal event. I also arrived a few days after the Braton Vandal weekend. I am not jealous of players that have the guns, I am more concerned that I and other players may not be able to achieve the higher Mastery rankings without them (at some point). There is no real reward for Mastery yet but they have talked about rewards being associated with content unlocked by Mastery ranks. Therefore this is an issue.

Please up-vote if you approve of Vandals and other "Exclusives" being obtainable some way in the game.

Edit: @#$& misspelt exclusive in the title.....

Edited by J-Pax

Vandal weapons are one-time only. If you missed one you will never get it. Period.

DE said that multiple times and are very very unlikely to change that in the future.

I highly doubt that DE releases content that can only be unlocked by a Mastery Rank that is only achievable when you have all exclusive weapons. Right now for example the max. Mastery Rank you can get is 12 and if De would release new high mastery locked content it would be around 8-10 and not higher. So your argument about Mastery Rank and missing XP is invalid.

Therefor.. thread useless.

Edited by Namacyst

Vandal weapons are one-time only. If you missed one you will never get it. Period.

DE said that multiple times and are very very unlikely to change that in the future.

I highly doubt that DE releases content that can only be unlocked by a Mastery Rank that is only achievable when you have all exclusive weapons. Right now for example the max. Mastery Rank you can get is 12 and if De would release new high mastery locked content it would be around 8-10 and not higher. So your argument about Mastery Rank and missing XP is invalid.

Therefor.. thread useless.

Except rank 12 can only be obtained if you have 1 or 2 of the vandal weapons...

It's spelled "therefore" by the way. Please make sure you research your points before posting.

Just something else to say: Frost Prime blueprint was touted to be exclusive too. So...yeah. Exclusive != Exclusive.

Edited by J-Pax

I dislike absolute exclusivity, but the opposite is equally uncool.

The best way to redistribute anything exclusive is to hold an anniversary campaign a year later.

I'd be happy if there were events in the future that allowed players to get the items again tbh. But, then again, same issue as before of people missing the event due to real life, and the issue of repetitive rewards.

Except rank 12 can only be obtained if you have 1 or 2 of the vandal weapons...

It's spelled "therefore" by the way. Please make sure you research your points before posting.

Just something else to say: Frost Prime blueprint was touted to be exclusive too. So...yeah. Exclusive != Exclusive.

Yes, Rank 12 is with Vandal Weapons and some Founder stuff. Never said anything different or does it change what i said about Mastery Ranks and content so... no need for research on my end. But maybe some reading comprehension for you?

Correcting false spelling of others always makes you look good by the way.. oh.. wait.

i-dont-need-to-think-of-a-good-answer-or

And the "Frost Prime BP was meant to be exclusive" argument is also invalid when you think logically about the design of the Void and the drops there for a second instead of whining about missed exclusives. DE made a mistake and gave false information, which is, as we know by now... not a rare occurence.

Cheers.

Edited by Namacyst

So veteran players and early supporters aren't entitled to any special rewards? Neither are those who pitched in for the Snipetron event right? I would expect a grand master to understand the concept of exclusivity but apparently that went right over your head.

Nah. They've already stated that the 'exclusive' mods are going to show up again elsewhere, and they've stated vandals are a neat little thanks for being here in the beginnings of their new game, before it's finished.

You bring up that you have issues with 'entitlement'. . .

Kettle, meet Pot.

Yes, Rank 12 is with Vandal Weapons and some Founder stuff. Never said anything different or does it change what i said about Mastery Ranks and content so... no need for research on my end. But maybe some reading comprehension for you?

Correcting false spelling of others always makes you look good by the way.. oh.. wait.

And the "Frost Prime BP was meant to be exclusive" argument is also invalid when you think logically about the design of the Void and the drops there for a second instead of whining about missed exclusives. DE made a mistake and gave false information, which is, as we know by now... not a rare occurence.

Cheers.

There is need for research on your end because DE has said that your mastery rank will tie in to content unlocks in the future - not just weapons - exposition on story, backstory, etc. 

Correcting false spelling does make me look good, because you tried to look clever and failed.

My "Frost Prime BP was meant to be exclusive" argument is not invalid when I think logically about the design of the void, because the void has no connotations as to having EVENT EXCLUSIVE rewards. If it did, then by that logic I'd wholly expect to find the Vandals and original Snipetron in there too.

Yes, DE has made mistakes in the past, and exclusive items not pertaining to your loyalty or ability regarding the game is one of them in my opinion. If you think players should be rewarded for being in the right place at the right time and equally a portion of the player base is screwed out of content for not being there - then good for you.

Still, enough snark now. No more personal berating, if you can argue constructively against my points then go for it, just don't go and turn this into a flaming contest.

Edited by J-Pax

Nah. They've already stated that the 'exclusive' mods are going to show up again elsewhere, and they've stated vandals are a neat little thanks for being here in the beginnings of their new game, before it's finished.

You bring up that you have issues with 'entitlement'. . .

Kettle, meet Pot.

I feel entitled to experience the game they've designed fully and wholly. If they introduce content based on your mastery rank and I can not achieve that rank because I missed event specific rewards then that goes against the game design of being played. Likewise if people are of the opinion that these weapons are entitled to them by participating, they got to participate in the event and that's reward enough for some.

Alternatively, I'd be completely happy if the future content developments were not based around your mastery rank at all - if that happens then I'm fine with not having the weapons. By this I mean that I do not feel entitled to the event rewards, only to the future content that they have stated in the live streams is going to be related to your mastery rank. However currently mastery rank can only be gained by having and levelling up weapons and warframes - and mastery cycles can only be earned once per weapon, non-repeatable.

Edited by J-Pax

So veteran players and early supporters aren't entitled to any special rewards? Neither are those who pitched in for the Snipetron event right? I would expect a grand master to understand the concept of exclusivity but apparently that went right over your head.

I understand the concept of exclusivity just fine. I don't like the concept of exclusivity. There is a difference.

As I have said before in threads about exclusivity, I personally do not mind that my amazing Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime become available in future developments. I did not throw money at DE to essentially buy these items, I gave them money to fund the game and it's development - like kickstarter.

Edited by J-Pax

There is need for research on your end because DE has said that your mastery rank will tie in to content unlocks in the future - not just weapons, exposition on story, backstory, etc. 

And again...: DE will not release content for Mastery Ranks that can't be achieved by Everyone at that point.. meaning no Vandals, no founder gear... just what you can buy and farm.

Basically in my first post i said everyting that is important: See above, you won't get Vandal weapons you missed and... this Thread is useless.

With that, i'm out since you are no fun to talk to.. only fun to read ;)

Good luck with your.. "suggestion".

I understand the concept of exclusivity just fine. I don't like the concept of exclusivity. There is a difference.

As I have said before in threads about exclusivity, I personally do not mind that my amazing Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime become available in future developments.

I see... well we simply disagree then. I like exclusivity. I don't have the Skana/Lato Prime or the Braton/Lato Vandal and I have no concerns regarding mastery, and I don't feel like i'm missing out at all. Also I'm ok with missing an exclusive, because life happens, and I accepted a long time ago that I'd never own every weapon in the game.

I am fine with exclusive item being temporarily exclusive and added into the game in the future. There should be a way in game to attain them after an event, even if it is arduous.

This would have to exclude the weapons/items that were for the hunters, master and grandmaster upgrades.

i'm rank 12 and i have every weapon except lato prime. soo...

i don't really think it makes a difference. DE will eventually release new weapons and more people can get the rank

the only reason why i would agree to you is if DE stopped making new weapons... and that will never happen unless the game shuts down so

NO. I do not agree. You just need to be patient and you will eventually get to the highest rank.

If I follow your argument, being a founder and getting EXCLUSIVE stuff that you will never get, because these will never drop, is bad. Excal prime alone is 6k mastery. Should the BPs drop then?

Removing the exclusive nature of the vandals is a bad president i never want to see.

ANYWAY DE will probably release better exclusive weapons in the future.

I respectfully disagree with the OP.

I have the Lato and Snipetron Vandal... and to be honest? I don't really mind missing the Braton. It's a badge of honor, a bragging right (not exactly a great one, but hey) and some free rank exp.

The Lato and the Snipertron are good. But you miss out on nothing else aside from the above stuff. They are good, but for all of their categories, there are better weapons. The only people i can imagine complaining about them are the hardcore collectors and people obsessed with account ranks.

By the way, weapon skins have been pretty much confirmed in the last 1-2 livestreams, and now we have the desert camos, so visual reason are also out of the argument.

It's a "been there, done that" kind of thing. They really aren't that great weapons to argue about.

Vandal weapons have no impact on reaching end-game whatsoever. In fact, many of them will fall off at end-game thanks to reduced damage per shot, no armor ignore, and other reasons.

If you want to reach end-game, put more time into farming forma and get into a clan or make your own clan.

The clan costs for 10 people are dirt cheap right now and you will get the Ogris, Acrid, Lanka and Supra.

If you want a Vandal that badly, use some of that nice GM package and buy any color packs you can get your hands on. Then, Vandalize your gear. I doubt most Tenno will be petty enough to mock you over that.

Vandal weapons have no impact on reaching end-game whatsoever. In fact, many of them will fall off at end-game thanks to reduced damage per shot, no armor ignore, and other reasons.

If you want to reach end-game, put more time into farming forma and get into a clan or make your own clan.

The clan costs for 10 people are dirt cheap right now and you will get the Ogris, Acrid, Lanka and Supra.

If you want a Vandal that badly, use some of that nice GM package and buy any color packs you can get your hands on. Then, Vandalize your gear. I doubt most Tenno will be petty enough to mock you over that.

I agree that Vandal weapons are (currently, armour update pending) not end-game weapons, nor are they notably superior in any way. This isn't really about end-game as it stands, which is currently ED up to obscenely high levels.

It's about the players that feel screwed because they couldn't make the event, it's about mastery ranks (hopefully not for long, and never again) requiring the possession of event specific rewards to unlock and that future content may rely on you having that mastery rank. I can't understand a strategy that locks content behind a wall that required you to have either invest a butt load of cash or been in the game since Beta. Yes I know that this theoretical content isn't out, I'm only going off of what DE has said and they're fully capable of releasing a system that's completely unrelated to mastery, but given the current information we have it's all I can say.

Also, I personally think the Vandal's are ugly, turquoise is not my colour :P I'd only ever use them for their 3000 mastery points and then put them in a corner. 

I have all the Vandal weapons, out of all of them I only really use the Lato vandal and I only use it for one reason. There will come a day when I join a session and someone is using a Lato Prime. I will never be more hilarious and/or insufferable than I will be on that day.

I also missed the Vandaltron bc my brother who is in the military came back from overseas that weekend and we went to NY to go see him.  I also was unable to grab the bandal due to other issues.

I'm really not worried about it tbh.  Would I like the weapons? Absolutely.  Should the vandaltron be cycled into event rewards?  Yeah I think eventually it should because it was an event reward.

Should the Landal we CBT's got and the Bandal people got for playing on a specific weekend be available? Nope.  They're are badges, rewards and thank you's to people who underwent CBT, gave feedback, and underwent wipes of sorts.  If you give those to anybody else, it diminishes their rewards and I don't think that's proper.  You don't need everything ever made, I know people like to collect but sorry I doubt it's going to happen.  

As for MR?  I don't think we've any shortage of weapons for getting those up given the rate at which they've been pumping weapons out >_>

I came late to the Warframe party, I have missed both the Snipertron and the Vandals, do I hanker for those weapons because others have them -the answer is no, I have no issue with exclusive weapons we are all though entitled to our views but to give access to everyone at a late demenas the original endeavour to get them, also I would rather have the option play events and challenges with my friends, who would not bother if the reward was going to be weapons they garnered in previous events.

I'm a little bummed that I didn't get the Braton Vandal, and it will most likely haunt me for the rest of my Warframe career but I had to move on, I mean yeah i'd love to be able to complete my vandal collection (so far that's three guns) but again I had to move on, and so should you.

I dislike absolute exclusivity, but the opposite is equally uncool.

The best way to redistribute anything exclusive is to hold an anniversary campaign a year later.

I'd love to see this happen and out of all the scenarios people come up with it probably is the most down to earth solution, it's still unlikely to happen.

Side Note: My money says another vandal will be released to celebrate the port to PS4 and other when Warframe leaves Beta. (Not  saying there won't be others.)

Edited by Zachbot20