Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Host Migration - Sanctuary Onslaught [Fixed]

ApeSlayer

Very frustrated for the second day in a row... ran several Sanctuary Onslaught missions with PUGs. When the Hosting player decides to leave without saying a word to the group, the Host Migration begins... and NEVER ENDS. 

I've lost Khora parts, Eidolon shard pieces, and countless affinity and focus points. 

I sat both times at the "Host Migration" screen for 10-15 minutes in hopes of not losing all this work farming to no avail. I don't understand why this host migration always fails, but it doesn't happen to me in any other instances / Host migrations.

FIX THIS: it's super frustrating when you're trying to level a forma'd warframe or weapon and then someone decides to leave in regular onsalught and you get stuck in an infinite host migration screen, losing all of your affinity and progress.

This is ralated to Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, every time some host leaves the squad, I get the eternal host migration, that only works with Alt+F4

Then you lost all your game progress and rewards. Not even that messenge warning you to return to the orbiter.

This sad kind of situations makes me lost interest on keep playin this game. 🙁

I don't really understand why "lose everything" is still a thing on warframe. I understand the original design idea was to monetize revives, where if you run out of revives you can no longer play for that day. That has been gone for a while. Now if you run out of revives you lose everything. Which, ok, thats a bit harsh but perhaps justified. But the problem is that with the design it affects everything. So you will fix EOS today. It will break again tomorrow. It will probably break with the new open world. It breaks everywhere all the time with the result that people lose everything. The host migration would be annoying but very tolerable if you did not lose anything.

The simple solution to me is just to assign rewards and focus into the accounts at time of award retrieval. In other words once an award is retrieved immediately put it in the players account. EOS makes the problem obvious but this continues to occur with eidolons. The solution there (and future open world bosses) is also simple. Once the boss dies, assign CURRENT rewards to the accounts. After the players will pick up the shards and rewards. These will not be stored until the player exits or the next boss dies. Under that scenario only the rewards from 1 eidolon can be lost.

The same problem occurs for endless missions. Things happen. Why should people lose everything? A good recent example was were one guy joined life of rio for a mission, miunderstandiing that 2 hours meant 2 hours and not 20 minutes. He began trolling in the hope that the other players would end the mission... because the alternative is again... LOSING EVERYTHING.

This just happens so often in so many different mission types, it is very player hostile. I don't understand why you don't just remove "LOSING EVERYTHING" from the game. You guys are brilliant developers, I am sure you can come up with a multitude of better suggestions than what I have stated here.

After receiving a responce letter from support (what I was anticipating, but not hoping), I have decided to just F it for 2 reasons:

I. - this is kinda geting like League of Legends now. I loved that game, played it from 2010 eversince last year 2017, and now I realize why I stopeed that, and feel very furious about Warframe in this peculiar time as well. CHANGES!!! Like ok unlike LoL, here the changes are good and necesary in my opinion, but DAM are they not working they intend to be... Now the new ui (trade which item is what, what it costs, etc...makes me want to puke) in particular.
II. - I have found the way I will farm (not play, cause f that u cant do it!) Sanctuary Onslaught.
Cause until there I see no effort to fix the host migrations, neither do I will show any effort in it. Simple as that 🙂

Yea ofc, from now until its fixed I should make extra recordings as evidence if I want to be refunded  for ONE specific item after every Sanctuary Onslaught??? This sht should work NORMALY!

PS: earlier in a post i said:

On 2018-06-18 at 9:38 PM, Flemat said:

Its been a while since Sanctuary came in...It was buggy and I cursed this game for not being able to farm Khora, since someone always left faster and was stuck in a host migration, where you could only alt+F4 -> lost all loot). Now in theory its patched (said in the newletter), yet I returned to the SUCKTUARY->wave 8-> host left-> STILL STUCK IN #*!%ING MIGRATION. I dont care if its not polite and I have no manners right now, cause I literaly wasted HOURS for nothing!!!
And this is the point  (not mentioning the new S#&$y UI design and small stuffs like that) where I started to curse this game! My love for the game started fadeing aways since Plains of Bugolodon, and it still continues to decay sadly.
Where I dont have as much time to play this otherwise once great game, bugs, glitsches, and frustrating things like these makes me want to curse this thing all together!

But if im at it let me summarise my view on the game since then:
- Plains of bugolodon:
Was very buggy(quests, achievments, etc...), very unfairly grindy also performance issues. Now paste is more humanlike, less buggy...still lost much time there as well as the will to do anything there or in Cetus for that matter.
Oh and what was the problem with LoR and JV? I loved those RIP (for now as they said its only temp. removed...well this is a long temp now).
Arcanes are puked out like candy from the Eidolons now, so even lost the sence of greatness when you did an instance
- SUCKtuary:
Buggy as hell (no gate, host migrations, sudden efficiency drops to 0, etc), very repetitive after a few runs (with 0 loot, just to add) -> overal #*!% it as it is right now.

And there you have it. Try to enjoy the game, where like the only things you loved or want to do are gone or broken.
PS: No way in hell Im gona buy Khora for platinum, get this S#&$ migration foxed already!!!

PPS: To Sephalon Simaris: #*!% your experiments and synthesis, make your world #*!%ing NORMAL!!!

Edited by Flemat

• 2 years later...