Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For Lanka Users!

PeterKha

Question

Is it worth building? I mean the resources are pretty costly though it's not a problem for me but was just wondering if it's really worth it. Does anyone here use it and love it and could give a feedback on the gameplay of the weapon itself.

I'm not really looking for answers such as "depends on your play style" because I can easily adapt to different weapons just searching for a new weapon to try out and perfect so was wondering if it's worth in investing into.

24 answers to this question

Being a universal weapons user, I love my Lanka 

9K9TT43.jpg

So things have been said already..

If you like high damage single shots, this might be the weapon for you. You can take out high priority targets pretty quick, granted that this might not be preferred in a fast paced space ninja game (that's up to the player if you ask me, any weapon can be great in the hands of a person who maximizes the use of their weapon). Once you get the hang of the charge speed (speed trigger is a must), you start shooting pretty fast considering the high damage shots (no, dont use shred. can't puncture). So yea..

Go with your gut feeling

Edited by Bitfly

Compared to other weapons, no it's not worth building. But if you want mastery exp then yes. It just can't kill as fast as other weapons, sure it's strong but in the time you kill 1 enemy with it, another person with any other rapid fire gun has killed 3-4.

Lanka has "serrated blade" dmg type (ignores armor, x3 dmg to infested) and has the fastest projectile in game (from projectiles weapon) it's very good to very accurate sniper players, also you need to charge this weapon (like ogris/torid). In my opinion, it's the best weapon in game.

I found it very hard to play with due to the long charge-time before a shot AND the traveltime of bullets. It does high damage but I had to put a maxed speed trigget + shred before I found it OK (+90% fire rate).

If it could puncture like a railgun this gun would be awesome as hell, but it apparently can't from what I've read. You'll need to forma it a few times to really get it up to good standards. Do note that the elemental mods scale well and so does the crit.

The main issue with the gun is the speed and travel time. If you can get past that it's a f-ing cannon.

Compared to other weapons, no it's not worth building. But if you want mastery exp then yes. It just can't kill as fast as other weapons, sure it's strong but in the time you kill 1 enemy with it, another person with any other rapid fire gun has killed 3-4.

looks like somebody doesnt know the mod speed trigger.

Lanka master race reporting in!

Yes, Lanka is very worth building. Don't make the mistake of trying to clear trash with it. Lanka is for high hp/armor targets. On T3, Lanka can 2-3 shot level 115 heavy gunners. Bring a good sidearm to clear out the little guys. Twin Gremlins, Kunai, Despair, Hikou, Acrid and Akbolto are all fair options.

Remember Tenno, you are a sniper. It matters not how fast, only how strong! Now go forth and laugh at ancients' faces.

Still prefer Snipetron Vandal over Lanka. Less damage but you are mobile, it's hit-scan and properly modded can dish out 10k+ crits on vitals by itself (which are easier to hit-scan *badumm-kssh* with the Snipetron than the Lanka) and is overall more allround-ish.

Being a universal weapons user, I love my Lanka 

9K9TT43.jpg

So things have been said already..

If you like high damage single shots, this might be the weapon for you. You can take out high priority targets pretty quick, granted that this might not be preferred in a fast paced space ninja game (that's up to the player if you ask me, any weapon can be great in the hands of a person who maximizes the use of their weapon). Once you get the hang of the charge speed (speed trigger is a must), you start shooting pretty fast considering the high damage shots (no, dont use shred. can't puncture). So yea..

Go with your gut feeling

So is the stars to the left of the weapon image the number of times you applied Forma to this weapon?  If so then that's a lot of Forma being applied!

I just got my Lanka yesterday, and after about 3 weeks of getting my mastery from 4 to 7 I can easily say that it was time well spent. Don't use the Lanka if you want to have the most kills in the match, but if there's one thing in the room that absolutely needs to die right now, the Lanka won't let you down.

Still prefer Snipetron Vandal over Lanka. Less damage but you are mobile, it's hit-scan and properly modded can dish out 10k+ crits on vitals by itself (which are easier to hit-scan *badumm-kssh* with the Snipetron than the Lanka) and is overall more allround-ish.

Snipetron also works with Shred, and doesnt need a mod card slot used for Speed Trigger so Shred fits in without losing anything.

tk9i3rcl.jpg

for now this it all you rly want for the lanka

when puncture get fixed shred got added any maybe you may want to add something like hammershot or primed/charged Chamber if you dont want to forma it at least get split chamber, serration point strike, vital sense and speed trigger

split chamber 15

max Serration 14

Point strike 9

Vital sense 9

Speed Trigger 9

and a maybe a rank 0 mutator will, you still will never run dry on ammo

Edited by Depar

Below Wave 50 defense: Snipertron Vandal

Above Wave 50 defense: Lanka

Depar's crit build above is the way to go for both, I would use Charged+Primed (I know) Chamber and Hammershot.

Couple this with M Prime, Sonar and Roar and you are now cradling your favorite Wave 100+ weapon.

If you feel you are never going to do anything above Wave 50, it is well worth the XP if not the Forma right now.

Is it worth building? I mean the resources are pretty costly though it's not a problem for me but was just wondering if it's really worth it. Does anyone here use it and love it and could give a feedback on the gameplay of the weapon itself.

I'm not really looking for answers such as "depends on your play style" because I can easily adapt to different weapons just searching for a new weapon to try out and perfect so was wondering if it's worth in investing into.

If you like sniping (and/or are used to bow sniping), the Lanka is well worth its resource investment. Nothing (except the Snipetron Vandal when headshotting Corpus Crewman) can match it's damage per shot thanks to 250 base damage and Serrated Blade damage type.

Still, there are some downsides to the Lanka: the charge time and projectile travel time and deviation. The Lanka has a travel time of 200 meters per second, which guarantees practical hitscan, as well as a noticeable deviation around 100+ meters. Additionally, a maxed Speed Trigger can drop the charge time of the Lanka from 1.5 seconds to 0.9375 seconds. This means that the Lanka can potentially suffer in close quarters combat, which never was the purpose of sniping anyhow. 

I forma'd my Lanka 3 times:

Split Chamber (8), Serration (7), Piercing Hit (5), Speed Trigger (9), Point Strike (9), Vital Sense (9), Hammer Shot (9), Cryo Rounds (4 - not polarized)

If I desired, I could Forma the Lanka twice more to fit in a maxed Cryo Rounds mod.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

egby1gx.jpg  

This is the build I use now, I prefer the charge time reduction from speed trigger and shred over crit chance or damage. Point Strike and vital sense is also very viable, however. Drop an element to put in a racial mod as well, can't go wrong, it's a nice weapon to invest in.

I forma'ed by Lanka 5 times, no regrets. It's the best bow in the game (I consider it as such due to the firing mechanics). :D

V Split Chamber max (8)

V Serration max (7)

V Speed Trigger max (5)

-- Piercing Hit max (5)

-- Stormbringer/Hellfire max (6) - change this depending on the faction you're up against

Point Strike max (9)

Vital Sense max (9)

Bane of Grineer/Corpus/Infested max (9)

total mod points: 58

I forma'ed by Lanka 5 times, no regrets. It's the best bow in the game (I consider it as such due to the firing mechanics). :D

V Split Chamber max (8)

V Serration max (7)

V Speed Trigger max (5)

-- Piercing Hit max (5)

-- Stormbringer/Hellfire max (6) - change this depending on the faction you're up against

Point Strike max (9)

Vital Sense max (9)

Bane of Grineer/Corpus/Infested max (9)

total mod points: 58

The Lanka carries a sniper rifle skin and clip size with similar charging mechanics to the bows (hey, look at the Ogris, it charges as well!).

Currently, Shred's puncture effect does not apply to the Lanka, so I do not think it's worth those 11/6 points for 30% more fire rate.

Actually, given that the Lanka has innate armor ignore (+1 for Serrated Blade), it's possible to swap out Piercing Hit for the fire/electrical elemental mods. Additionally, the Bane of X faction (X = Grineer, Corpus, or Infested) can be swapped with Hammer Shot. Unfortunately, to fit in Cryo Rounds, one would have to Forma once more (for a total of 6 times).

I guess 5 forma is quite optimal, I like using crit build for Lanka so I replace Cryo Round with Hammer Shot.

Although I still couldn't determine if that really made the damage per shot better, I figure for high armored enemies maybe this build is better, but for mid armored Cryo Round might be better.

Warframe0010.png

I'm currently building another serration mod, trying to max it rank 6 atm, I just can't bring myself to fuse 827 fusion core to max it.

Edited by noir_kero

I love my Lanka!

It can annihalate almost everything in the game!

Also it crits freaking rediclously with HIGH numbers (I have gotten a yellow crit of 9,436 on a corpus crewman with no elec mods but with my crit build, IMAGINE THE RED NUMBERS!)

I will never sell mine <3 Thats how much I love it.

The Lanka is my favorite primary weapon aside from the Ogris. And I don't like using Ogris without Trinity simply because *BOOM* "...oops. Rez plz?"

I'm still trying to get my Formas applied to my Lanka, but this is what I'm going for in the end:

V Split Chamber

V Serration

Charged Chamber (Or Primed, if you got it)

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Hammershot

Speed Trigger

Fast Hands

Been trying to make Lanka work for me, it seems inferior to Flux Rifle/Acrid combo in any concievable way in 99% of the games content. 

I've forma'd it once now, working on the second.

Due to the lack of puncture and the charge up speed I dont see how it will ever be really competitive.