The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Insuficcent video memory

zouel1

So recently I've been getting this "insuficcent video memory" error more and more. It only occurs when alt tabbing back and forth from the game to other apps. Otherwise the game runs normally. The weird thing is that I have dual 970s so I can't understand how I don't have "enough" vram.

Could someone help me out?

EDIT: So easy temporary fix I found is to play in windowed mode. It sucks but it works.

EDIT2: So apparently, it isn't sli related problem. Other people below have had same issue with single gpus.

Edited by zouel1

I'm having a similar issue only in the past week or 2.  I kinda thought my PC was dieing its a bit old but I ran the 3dmrk benchmarks which are all about the same as they were a couple years ago (a bit higher actually with latest drivers). The 2 times I have had it full crash was the insufficient cram error

I'm getting slow downs in frame rates, and some drops frames I never got before latly.  I had been running on high but now to be reasonably smooth I put everything to low...  Kinda been scoutng these fourms to see if it was just me

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

• 1 month later...

Also experiencing sudden and unusual 'insufficient video memory' crashes. Playing perfectly fine, then a hiccup, pause, crash and err message. I haven't been able to pin this to any sort of activity, though it usually happens during select point in combat, or maybe when the camera pans very quickly?

I play window'd, win7 64-bit, 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

EDIT: Also I would like to note that this only started happening in a similar timeframe as OP.

Edited by Partyclothes

Same issue here. Played for a few hours yesterday, did sorties, closed the game to go out and grab some food, came back and whenever I tried to enter a mission the game would crash with an 'Insufficient Memory' pop up. It would also cause Discord's display in the background to be completely glitched and flash random parts of it in the background, which would go away upon restarting it. Today it crashed so hard my resolution was force changed to the smallest display possible. Very jarring and annoying stuff.

For what it's worth I play borderless windowed, Win10, with a GeForce GTX 970. More than enough for WF.