Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Fast? No, Give Us A Reason To Go Slow Instead!

Datareaper

honestly, i would much prefer a game that handwaves the niggling details and offers up rewards to the player to one that forces a player to jump through hoops in a pseudo-open ended setup attempting to be realism if we're going to discuss ways to slow down the gameplay. Incentivising players will keep them coming. A radical shift in goals and gameplay will turn off as many as it pulls back in.

I like the idea, at least it would make exploring that much more rewarding.

I think Black Chests should only appear in the high level missions, 45+ lvl enemies. Chests can not appear in defense missions.

Probably a better idea.

You realize that people will find a way to rush this system too, right?

Well the first safeguard is the diminishing returns on farming the same mission over and over.

The second possible issue would be frames like Saryn, Nova and Nyx being able to clear nearly entire missions by pressing 4.   (Thats a whole new problem, easily addressed by adding 2-3 minute cooldowns to those incredible powerful abilities, but DE hates coodlowns).

I like this idea... but Potato's being in the rewards list I don't agree with, and this is coming from a primarily free player. I haven't bought any extra Slots or Potato's and I've clocked 200 hours now in Warframe. So far I've encounted 2 Catalyst Alerts and 3 Reactor Alerts and that's been more then enough imo, most of the weps just goto Mastery anyhow with the select few being worthy of a Potato. Giving us a way to farm Potatos would do 1 of two things, make them *Maybe* over used to some extent, and also cause DE to lose a point of MAJOR revenue, there are people who buy Potatos for every gun, that's 20 Plat each. DE would be losing a ton if they made it so Potato's suddenly (even with a 1-5% drop rate) were completely available ingame 24/7, it'd make buying potato's pointless knowing that you don't have to log on to find out you missed a rare Potato alert, instead you have a peace of mind thinking, "well I can just farm chests all day and get a few of em" which in turn makes DE lose money.

I do however love the idea of gaining aesthetic items ingame as they have always been one of my main gripes in f2p games, when a game puts almost all customization behind a pay wall it kinda gets to me, and Warframe partly did this with the coloring system, and I know alot of people are gonna say "Aesthetics don't effect gameplay thus theres no reason for you not to pay for them etc. etc." Yet I know a lot of people who feel if there gonna be looking at a brightly colored mess or a horrible looking character, won't exactly stay for long. So more aesthetic items for free players willing to do the extra grind would be great. Just no Potato's.

Probably a better idea.

Well the first safeguard is the diminishing returns on farming the same mission over and over.

The second possible issue would be frames like Saryn, Nova and Nyx being able to clear nearly entire missions by pressing 4.   (Thats a whole new problem, easily addressed by adding 2-3 minute cooldowns to those incredible powerful abilities, but DE hates coodlowns).

Did you just say 2-3 minute cooldowns on those three ultimate abilities when Rhino has a xbox hueg AoE damage with almost 10 second disable, Ember has an infested destroyer ultimate also with huge range?

And why Absorb? It's a horrible, slow ability that relies on enemy AI to do anything.

Why are you even talking about skills to begin with? Afraid people would kill the enemies too fast? That's not the abilities problem, it's that the combat itself is incredibly easy.

They need to overhaul the combat and resistances, make certain enemies immune to certain types of damage so a Saryn won't Venom a Toxicant to death or a Napalm won't die of cold or fire.

They should make them hit harder, have better AI and heavy units should be immune to certain types of damage and CC.

They could also spawn multiple mini bosses like a Hyena pack or Raptors or the like in the middle of the mission with a higher chance of dropping those chest keys than other mooks.

If you were to place a cooldown on ultimates the frames would be even less important than they are now (apart from Frost and Vauban since game balance revolves around their 3s) since you can do way more damage with weapons.

It would also kill frames like the Saryn and the Nova who, apart from Nova's Wormhole and Venom with Flux Rifle, are pretty much one trick ponies, easily replaced by an extra Vauban or Ember for good measure.

Did you just bash your skull against a wall while I wasn't looking, reaper? I thought we had covered every dojo wall with pillows but it seems we missed a bit.

I only said cooldowns as a means of solution DE most likely wouldn't ever take.  But the main concern is if "Clearing" even large groups of enemies turns out to be extremely trivial as it is now with large splash AOE powers.  I don't necessarily agree that cooldowns are a means to prevent this, and its a topic of discussion for an entirely new thread.  I've actually suggested to DE in the past of adding enemies immune to warframe powers and bestow this effect to nearby enemies, just to shuffle around target priority for the player.

I like this idea... but Potato's being in the rewards list I don't agree with, and this is coming from a primarily free player. I haven't bought any extra Slots or Potato's and I've clocked 200 hours now in Warframe. So far I've encounted 2 Catalyst Alerts and 3 Reactor Alerts and that's been more then enough imo, most of the weps just goto Mastery anyhow with the select few being worthy of a Potato. Giving us a way to farm Potatos would do 1 of two things, make them *Maybe* over used to some extent, and also cause DE to lose a point of MAJOR revenue, there are people who buy Potatos for every gun, that's 20 Plat each. DE would be losing a ton if they made it so Potato's suddenly (even with a 1-5% drop rate) were completely available ingame 24/7, it'd make buying potato's pointless knowing that you don't have to log on to find out you missed a rare Potato alert, instead you have a peace of mind thinking, "well I can just farm chests all day and get a few of em" which in turn makes DE lose money.

I do however love the idea of gaining aesthetic items ingame as they have always been one of my main gripes in f2p games, when a game puts almost all customization behind a pay wall it kinda gets to me, and Warframe partly did this with the coloring system, and I know alot of people are gonna say "Aesthetics don't effect gameplay thus theres no reason for you not to pay for them etc. etc." Yet I know a lot of people who feel if there gonna be looking at a brightly colored mess or a horrible looking character, won't exactly stay for long. So more aesthetic items for free players willing to do the extra grind would be great. Just no Potato's.

I guess you don't mind relying on your own skill to reach end game, because if you want to set an ED record, you need at least potatoed weapons. When they overhaul the weapons, potatoes will get that much more useful and required.

If it boils down to the average free player choosing to have free colors or free access to end-game content, my money is on colors not being a priority. 

Basically, I think you've just said 'I don't mind if they put end-game behind a pay wall but I'd rather have colors', am I correct?

Yet, you do not agree that making potatoes farmable will cure the 'I want to sit and wait for alerts problem'?

a game about ninjas who don't kill anyone and just run past enemies is silly.

Realistically, a ninja would avoid combat and opt for stealth instead to get their jobs done. They don't need to kill everything. Just putting that out there. Now in a game where space ninjas have more ridiculous "kill everything in sight" powers than stealth powers, I guess that makes sense...

But anyways, great idea. Would love to see it implemented.

Just one thing because as soon as I read it in the op it annoyed the hell out of me; rushers are not better players, any twat, or halfwit can run through a map without engaging mobs on the way. The pace someone chooses to play a map is a personal one, and has absolutely nothing to do with player ability, to suggest otherwise is asinine.