Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Mobile Defense missions don't make sense anymore

Retrijeuj

Lore-wise, I mean. Hey there.

Let me explain. In MD, you upload a datamass in a terminal so the Lotus can upload data. Now, the Lotus is gone, and Ordis is just using voice records to give us the usual directives. But how is the data uploaded then ? I take it that Ordis can do what the Lotus did, but then shouldn't he tell us what he's doing, rather than pretending to be the Lotus ? This can't be healthy :c

Ordis is the new master of the Tenno and now that the Lotus is gone, he can set his evil plan in motion. It's been his goal this entire time, sorta like Wheatley from the Portal series

Tin Foil Hat off

But seriously though, alot of stuff doesnt make sense now that the Lotus is gone, like Capture missions. Who interrogates the guys we capture? Ordis?

Edited by Sairielle

I think the Lotus just tends to say "I" in certain cases when it's not really her personally doing it so much as directing other people behind the scenes.  You know, the folks that do the actual supply raids during survivals, transport the cryopod after defense missions, perform interrogations, stand guard in relays, and perhaps do the actual mobile defense hacking.  They probably handle all the logistical work, too--warehousing, day-to-day dealings with the various syndicates, etc.

Actually, I for one would like to know more about them.  When are we gonna learn about all these regular joes working under the Lotus, DE?

Il y a 16 heures, AhziDahaka a dit :

I think the Lotus just tends to say "I" in certain cases when it's not really her personally doing it so much as directing other people behind the scenes.  You know, the folks that do the actual supply raids during survivals, transport the cryopod after defense missions, perform interrogations, stand guard in relays, and perhaps do the actual mobile defense hacking.  They probably handle all the logistical work, too--warehousing, day-to-day dealings with the various syndicates, etc.

Actually, I for one would like to know more about them.  When are we gonna learn about all these regular joes working under the Lotus, DE?

That makes sense. However, the Lotus talks about an extraction team in defense missions, says "we'll interrogate the captive back at base" in capture missions, that kind of thing, so I think she's indeed talking about herself when she says "I'm in" and "upload me".

Learning more about people who perform backstage tasks would be interesting too, I agree. As far as capture missions go, I'm sure it's the guys from the Red Veil who handle that, torture persuation suits them just fine.

I think that Lotus worked as a sort of handler for the Tenno, working alongside some "operatives". Notice they are mentioned many times, and sometimes you even have them in missions (like Sortie defense where you defend a guy, or rescue missions). They should be operatives of some organisation working with Lotus/Lotus being a part of them/them working FOR Lotus.

Il y a 2 heures, Dreddeth a dit :

I hope one day we'll finally meet that badass Lone Tenno Operative(TM) responsible for singlehandedly procuring all the loot from Survival missions.

You mean that guy who needs 20 minutes to find an ammo mutation mod ? I'd like to meet him too !

I think with the personel in relays and people we rescue in Rescue missions it's implied at least that Lotus employs a cadre of Tenno along with a bunch of support personel so the existing organisation can keep doing stuff without her there if needed.

Il y a 3 heures, TheMostFrench a dit :

It's a logistics thing, too. Someone would have to record voice lines for every mission type and scenario.

True.

tbh at some point I'd think they're trying to take the Lotus out of the game because Rebecca is leaving DE or something.

Edited by Retrijeuj