Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Player : Ancestral Memory

neKroMancer

After DE released quite a number of frames and lots of fan have been writing each frame's story. I think that the game would be better if we have a chance to know our frames' story and origin. Good RPG needs player's emotional attachment as a part of 'keeping the audience' strategy.

After reading multiple responses I think I should change the content of my post, almost entirely, to better suit the feel of the game.

Edit :

Each storyline should involve the story of the Tenno who long ago chose the path of Warframe and became the first of his/her line, preserving the sense of individual for each player. Story may reveal itself slowly through the gameplay and some specific missions.

IMO, one way to create these mission is recovering Orokin datamass which player can store them in his inventory. Upon using the datamass, a bit of information will be released along with the location of the next datamass. This will create a 'Hunt' for frame's ancestral memory.

Multiple type of missions could be added in the hunt - recover the artifact to boost the signal for the next datamass, eliminate the Grineer patrol to create an opportunity for a smash and grab operation, bring down the reactor to open a secured room containing a datamass/artifact and escape within time limit.

Upon collecting all the datamasses. Player will have a chance to glimpse into the 'First's' story. Story of the first Tenno who donned the frame through one special mission through the codex page. Within the codex page, a code could be hidden which lead player into an artifact hunt - blueprints for the 'First' outfit.

Other storylines for major factions could be dropped as a special side mission. Bring back additional datamass/examine the enemies' body/etc. (thank RaiZ0 for the idea) or unlocking orokin cipher and bring it back to the extraction point to recieve codex page and unlock extra mission for the faction. Player will get closer to a hidden map which has a 'special boss' (Corpus research ship, Grineer cloning facility, Infest breeding ground) that drop a faction-specific item.

This story should serve as an extension of the main co-op game. A side missions which player can choose to engage in order to rest from the regular grinding game.

Suggestions, Ideas, and Criticism are welcome, Tenno.

Edited by neKroMancer

Frames are war armors they are not alive, they dont have story,it make no sense in that game , if you end up in a team with 4 Mr.EXcalibur the game sudenly mean nothing anymore

I better play a random Tenno who try to survive , as a side note id like to know more about the context and the creation of the warframes and about the hyerachie and the lord, i want to see how look like the Lord armor and ship

being able to create your own char is the real thing , i am sure they gona find a way to add story line and keep the space ninja anonymous

Edited by Tsoe

I knida agree with both here...

Warframes are armors that's a given but getting to understand the history behind the armor, when was it created and for what specific purpose... When did the frame aquire the different skills and how it came about to decide to add the skills to a specific warframe... It would procure the attachment to the warframe, I know personaly I love my Excalibur though I'm sad that it is now rank 30 already... :( But I,ll still slip it on here and there to complete harder levels.

I believe that behind the armor there's a story. Story of Tenno who long ago, chose the path of Warframe and became what he/she is at the moment. The story should slowly reveal itself to the player without breaking immersion.

I think the story mode don't have to take away a multiplayer experience. Perhaps, a special assignment from Lotus which require player to go solo on a mission that has a secret room that contain an ancient orokin datamass. Player can choose not to take the datamass and dive through the mission or take it to expand the story. It's optional.

I believe that behind the armor there's a story. Story of Tenno who long ago, chose the path of Warframe and became what he/she is at the moment. The story should slowly reveal itself to the player without breaking immersion.

I would definately like to see the story of the first to either wear or design the frame. So that your personal character is still a blank slate, however there is lore there about the frame if you want to experience it.

No, I don't think a story campaign would have any good here. They can tell a story without being so direct and taking the player away from the cooperative experience.

A story campaign and a cooperative experience are not mutually exclusive. If designed to be so, it wouldn't even be a mandatory thing for those who can't find a f*** to give about storylines.

Edited by Cakes

All of my suggestions should be optional - a codex page might be added as a reward for players who want more lore in the game and follow the trail.

The clues which were given to players could be subtle. After unlocking specific tasks (above mentioned - kill quota, level, melee, ability used, etc) some hints are given to players and the player can choose to follow or not follow the breadcrumb.

Multiplayer gameplay doesn't have to change to accomodate this.

there is already quite a bit of fan content floating around

but I am sure that DE is hard at work fleshing the world out

already the Lotus has more indepth dialogue on boss missions, and judging from what she's saying I expect many bosses are going to be getting some serious overhauls

down the road i expect more lore/backstory about the Tenno and the mytholgy of the Warframe universe as well

maybe even something along the lines of how each Tenno picks which warframe they will don, along the lines of the OP's ideas

About the dialogue... I know I'm off topic but I have to comment on the one expression that says something like "I'm detecting lifesigns, it's the grineer!" Well DUH!!! We're on a grineer ship... lol I know we don't get to hear the same messages in the team but when I hear a mate say "Well Duh!" I know he just got that particular expression lol...

About the dialogue... I know I'm off topic but I have to comment on the one expression that says something like "I'm detecting lifesigns, it's the grineer!" Well DUH!!! We're on a grineer ship... lol I know we don't get to hear the same messages in the team but when I hear a mate say "Well Duh!" I know he just got that particular expression lol...

She says that to imply a Grineer squad is approaching, not to point out the obvious.

It would be an interesting concept all around to get to know each individual warframe it would open up the game more and the univeres surrounding it

i mean come on if i were to play a faceless and emotioneless being at least it would be nice to get to know how he was in the past and how he came to be in this situatione.

Story lines for Warframes i would say YES.

I would really enjoy some story.

Something like - in some levels is one special terminal to hack.

Library terminal. You hack in. Recive some sort of info story. Emails from Corpus, Graneer. Data files with picture about some Enemy units ( crewman, creawler, etc. )

Also something like- In every planetary system is one planet like Borderlands Sanctuary. Like hidden places for Tanno.

In this place there are no enemies. It could by one simple temple room. In this room you can take some missions.

Same way like player hack console. Terminal to chose and take quest.

Player can take only 3 quest on time.

Quests Like:

5/10/15/25/50/100/200/500. - diferent number for harder quests

- Kill 5 Hyeans and 5 Jackals.

- Collect 5 Data library files.

- Assasinate 5 targets.

- Save 5 hostages. ( Rescue Missions )

- Save 5 cryopods. ( Defence Missons )

- Find 5 artifacts.

- Make 5 sabotages.

- Kill 5 Graneer Lancer, Infestion crawler( and take sample - story mission text )

Big story Quest. -

Collectic Ancient Tanno Fragment Puzzle.

very rare - room with box with ncient Tanno Fragment Puzzle Part.

collect about - 500 this puzzles - you can take 1 warframe and choose 4 skills by your own.

Take any skill from any warframes an make your Unique style. So every legendary player have some Unique warfame.

This would be some real career target.

Like:

Lotus take you to some ancient Tanno level. Make some ritual Acesion type.

Lotus: Your are the real master of Warfames. You fight in counthless battles. Fight enemies from all whole galaxy.

You collected all Tanno Secret Artifacts.

Ascesion cutcene.

Player create Unique warframe. Finish a game, ( game with no end )

And can take Big story Quest. - again.

Do all this again and make second unique Warframe ( if player want )

Also it cut be some sort of story something like:

Captured Missions: Your Tanno is captured by Graneer or Corpus. And you have 1 random warframe with all 4 skills for one Solo mission.

It cold by linke with promotion system. Or if player have level 16. Basicly player have to play this mission solo.

Effect: Player can play one time with new warframe and see, if they liked or not. I love to play stealth. Use invisiblity almoust all time.

If i was forced to play as Nyx or Excalibur, ( i not going to farm or buy Nyx or Excalibur, becose i like Loki, Ash style more ) maybe i have diferent view, opinium. Players will be propably more targeted, decidet to buy or craft some warframes after they played as them.

Also some new think to break stereotype play style. If you play with 1 warframe all time, it will be refresing to play one mission with differetent skill.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This types of missions make player feel like he is in story. Now there is 100 missions with loot. And some with Boss ( to farm ).

Lotus is quide vioce. All game. If she give you some special solo mission. Maybe it could be some mission not randomly generated. But made just for to be Story Missions. Some unique Big Arena. With cutcene in the End. ( Your Warfame Guy looks to space and Lotus speak some story lines.

There not much known about Warframe universe. If player have to dig in the game for data about past. Creations of Graneer, Corpus, Infestation.

Players will have some motivation to find , learn something new. Not just to Farm bosses.

It make game more deep. Narative. Player will have always own unique story, progress in game.

Just imagine someone found data about what hapen 700 years before. Player share this infomation with friends in chat .

Like : Hey bro. I found this in some Pluto mission. Did you know that - - corpus are born like humans and than microchiped to by use by computer AI - greener are humans from past, heavily gene modificated to be super soldiers and than war hapen and General Ez Grog decited to escape from army, start own super soldiers program and make Graneer race ( wipeout original army and takeover the Universe in big war )

And some special missions without enemy. Just with some traps and jumping platforming, wallruning sections, laser rooms, buttons in floors and walls to open doors.

Like traps from Prince od Persia.

-- sorry if there is some gramer mistake --

RaiZ0 suggestion sounds epic. However, I think it's a little bit 'force' player into the storyline in order to get the unique frame. Part of player base which desire a free, roaming around the solar system gameplay won't appreciate it unless they got the same treatment as well.

The suggestion is a good endgame goal for those who desire a 'lore' based gameplay. Learning lore while playing the game. I feel a bit doubtful about gaining frame as reward. I believe that skin or alternate outfit : helmet, armor, gauntlet, greave would be better incentive. Unlocking and finishing part of the frame's storyline and gaining part of the 'lore' outfit. A more antique design for each frame.

Problem lies in how to create the same incentive for players who do not care about lore.

Maybe a special alert that makes the player return back to hq. During the players trip back to hq the cyro pods effect starts to wear out and the player starts to remember his past. The past will be playable as the player will be suitless(refering to warframe suits) being an apperentice to another tenno. To counter the lore that will make players feel restricted the players are given choices like give "item" to receiver A or B or maybe kill a certain tenno or let him live. If this is used maybe for players that spared the tenno, the player must fight the tenno in the present as a boss or an apperentice of the said tenno.

It would be an interesting concept all around to get to know each individual warframe it would open up the game more and the univeres surrounding it

i mean come on if i were to play a faceless and emotioneless being at least it would be nice to get to know how he was in the past and how he came to be in this situatione.

Story lines for Warframes i would say YES.

NOOOOOO

i do not want to be someone else.... i am ME i am A Tenno risen by infested but saved by some random folks and brough back to the mother ship..

Also , i want to be a warlord and have a great and strong faction...

Ill show my pride to the lord of tenno... (who and wut does look like that lord?)

Edited by Tsoe

Quite obvious. I don't think the Tenno have the ability to change gender every time player switch frame.....

Right?

People would argue with you, actually. They like to think of themselves as the same person, regardless of the frame because they think of it as only an armor, which is correct. However, that armor is inhabited by a different Tenno.

It would be cool if the story missions were the missions you had to do to 'rank up'. Right now what they have is just sort of "Kill six dudes with 12 hp for some reason!" Recovering a memory from your previous life might be much more interesting.

Meet the Lotus? Strangle her for MORE info about your past (asking nicely isn't really enough for this troll hacker).

I think the rank up could be more 'test' in specific area of expertise. Wallruning, melee combat, marksmanship, stealth, etc.