Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Octavia Build

BoogeyOugi

Question

I'm not quite sure where to put this, but I'm not sure how to Build Octavia. I really like playing her but I just slapped a build together but I don't really do much. Does anyone have a solid build for Octavia that I could use? Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

The basic idea is to build for Duration so that your buffs last, and then to balance all of the other stats to some degree.

I run with 90% efficiency, but that might be to low for early-game players. If you don't have at least 3 ranks of Zenurik energy dash, then you will probably want at least neutral efficiency.

Also, Strength is slightly more important than Range, but both need to be over 100%. I run with at least 200% strength and ~175% range.

The core of any of your octavia build would be Narrow Minded + (Primed) Continuity. As far as cookie-cutter builds go, I would disagree with the person above me, that strength is more important, than range. Range would be the second most important stat after duration. I use her 1 very often and prefer as much map coverage as possible. (If you're invisible, it draws aggro perfectly, allowing you to solo any content this game can offer, including defense, mobile defense and so on). It scales off of enemy damage, so strength can be neglected here. The only reasons to have str is to have stronger mobility buff. Both multishot and melee damage buffs from 3 are negligible, invis is unaffected. And i use 4 just to double the range of 1, since my weapons tend to one-shot everything anyways.

Example build from warframe builder:

Octavia cookie cutter 

If you have zenurik or a set of energize arcanes, streamline can be dropped for more range (via augur reach) and one or both power mods could be dropped for something like an augment for 1 (it's twice the CC and twice the fun!) and/or primed flow, for things like a sortie with energy reduction. Lightning dash is there for extra mobility, replace it with whatever you want. Something like enemy radar works really good, for example.

As for possible energy hunger, having just streamline and energy siphon is usually enough, if you watch your ability timers carefully and re-apply when they're out (just because it allows you to utilize the extra energy gain per second from her passive in the most effective manner).

Also, consider getting an optimized melody (note on every beat in the melody part or every other beat, depending on your preference), since it will allow you to effectively rebuff your invis and mobility from your 3, by just being effective with your parkour skills.

Hope it helps.

2 hours ago, Myocarde said:

I would disagree with the person above me, that strength is more important, than range.

You're not wrong about range being important and is definitely the way to go when you simply don't have enough stuff to optimize octavia. But you're underestimating the strength a bit too much.

At at least 25m range, achieved at at least 125% range without the mallet augment, you cover the ranged enemy attack range. Due to how most areas in game are actually in closed quarters utilizing greater range is not worth the damage loss from less strength.  The mallet damage might be scaling with enemy damage, true, but having it scale twice faster makes quite a difference in all situations where the mallet range is optimal enough, resulting in greater KPS. Especially useful in survival as more kills equals more life support.

With the augment, the mallet is much less efficient and must be placed more strategically. Even tough that range is vital here, this plays a role only in a defence type scenarios. Limiting your overall utility in all other missions.  In mob def a single mallet is still the better choice.

Meaning that strength speeds and eases all modes greatly in all missions not requiring defence(while still being more than viable in in). And range is only truly excells in high level defence.

The single person metronome buffs might be neglegable on first look, but they are party wide, 30% multishot doesnt sound serious in a single person. But how about 120% on a party?( or 84% vs 336% when with strength build)

Also i doubt that you can one shot a lv 100 lephantis.

To sum it up.

Better Range gives you advantage in the following game modes: Defence; Excavation; Kuva survival.

While Strength gives you advantage in: Assassination; Assault;  Capture; Defection; Exterminate; Hijack; Intersception; Mobile defence; Sabotage; Spy; Survival; 1hour+ Index

They are equal at: Infested salvage. Due to the map being very thigh, augment-range build covering more corners and strength-single mallet build having greater overal damage and kps.

I exclude Arena, Plains and Onslaught as octavia is simply not fit for them, compared to other frames.

Don't underestimate strength.

I'm using this Strength Build

And still tweaking the range one for high level defence.

Edited by scourge213

@scourge213 I had a high strength build, specifically as a sortie boss kill buffer, but i just ditched it entirely. And range build worked well for solo elite onslaughts for me too. I dropped my 1+4 in one end of the map and farmed the other with melee.

It can be even more effective with the new augment, i believe, since you can cover multiple spawns. Also, max range synergizes better with the augment, since more coverage from your 4 allows you to spread your mallets further apart and cover even more area.

Mob damage is so $&*&*#(%&ed that mallet charge time is negligible. You might want shorter range for closer drop proximity, but that is, pretty much, it.

The whole point of having all the range in the world is for your charged mallet to kill mobs faster, while they're on the run towards it, ending up killing them faster and spawning new ones faster.

Yeah, i know, it's not something like saryn or duo equinoxes, or max range/str volt, but i just like to play octavia.

2 hours ago, scourge213 said:

The single person metronome buffs might be neglegable on first look, but they are party wide, 30% multishot doesnt sound serious in a single person. But how about 120% on a party?( or 84% vs 336% when with strength build)

You don't magically get the benefit of 120% multishot from having 3 squadmates. It'll be 30% base, multiplied by STR, per person, if you have 2 people or 20. And it can be a pain to proc and keep up, depending on the weapon type, firemode and it's firerate. Things like buzlok can get the buff just from firing, whereas it's gonna be a PITA and not worth your time nor effort, with something like a lanka.

2 hours ago, scourge213 said:

Also i doubt that you can one shot a lv 100 lephantis.

Do you fight these exclusively and on a daily basis? If the answer is "yes", how many per wave and where do i find all of 'em? A fast firerate and/or a lot of buckshot are your friends and octavia isn't the only answer to a damage cap per damage instance problem.

TFL;DFR: I used to switch between range, cookie-cutter and strength builds but stopped in favour of range, because i'm lazy to switch and, to be honest, see no point, if everything dies anyways. Only issue can be with excavations, due to how mallet aggro is wonky sometimes, but that can be solved with the augment. Still need to try it out. Anyways, it's up to you how you play.

17 minutes ago, Myocarde said:

Anyways, it's up to you how you play.

This.

I'm not sure i'm fully getting your point(especially on metronome and onslaught), but all i wanted to say is, don't exclude strength as possible build as you did in your original comment. Both are viable and very strong, everyone on his own how to use them. I, personally, would still prefer strength for general usage, even with the augment now here.

7 hours ago, BoogeyOugi said:

I'm not quite sure where to put this, but I'm not sure how to Build Octavia. I really like playing her but I just slapped a build together but I don't really do much. Does anyone have a solid build for Octavia that I could use? Thanks in advance!

I have 2 builds that I use regularly with Octavia, one of them allows me to easily solo content while dishing out tons of damage. 

Corrosive Projection/Shield Disruptor, Coaction Drift (this is to buff up teh aura if you have to solo), Intensify, Blind Rage (I run this at 7/10), Primed Continuity, Overextended, Narrow Minded 7/10, Flow,    Streamline, Vitality. 

Stats with mods: 222% Duration, 90% Efficiency (this is fine as you will use your mallet to attract mobs to allow regen time), 142% range (remember mallet range is increased by resonator AND amp), 142% strength

It's also worth noting that your song DOES effect your damage. I run with the standard E1M1 Doom song (fast version). 

If you have any questions about Octavia, feel free to message me in game 🙂

Edited by Zyneris