The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am A Deaf Player-- "why Does Lotus Randomly Appear Onscreen, Flicker, And Disappear?"

Sunspotpony

Hello, everyone. I am a big fan of warframe, and I think it's a really fun and clever game. I'm also deaf. That's right. I don't hear. I was born this way.

For the longest time while playing this game, I wondered why so frequently Lotus's portrait would pop up randomly, flicker, and disappear.

It was only after a little while of seeing the bosses like Vor and the Stalker having their pictures pop up with text, that I finally realized that Lotus? Was probably saying something. So I asked the other players and they said that yeah, Turns out she explains things like why there is fire everywhere, why my shields were at half-health for the whole level, or that we're in lockdown, or commentary about what a boss-fight is going to be like.

And because my ears don't work? I never heard any of that.

So I ask that maybe you consider, at least for some more important things like boss descriptions, mission descriptions, etc? You give Lotus some text, just like you do with the stalker and the bosses.

There are approximately 32 million hearing-impaired people in the world. As it happens, deaf and hearing impaired people, owing usually to the fact that they end up speaking the same language, end up becoming groups of friends. What's one of your biggest way of getting success for warframe so far? Word of mouth (or hand, in this case.) Exclude the hearing impaired from your game, and they're not going to bring it to their friends. Give the hearing-impaired an option to experience the game fully,  and they might even share it with their friends, bringing you more potential customers.

There should indeed be subtitles for the hearing inpaired.

Though, let me tell you you aren't missing anything with Lotus, she annoys the crap out of me and you can't make HER quiet without making the rest of the game's voices quiet too.

+1 for subtitles, every game should have this most basic necessity.

I just like playing the game without sound because it is so repetitive. I was good for the first 500 hours, but after that I mute the game and watch ( /listen to) a video on my secondary monitor while I play.

OP to be clear, I am not trying to rub salt in your wound, just saying that you do not have to be deaf to appreciate subtitles in a game. In most games it is a standard option.

Subtitles  PLEASE  !

Captions are such an easy thing to do....It kinda boggles my mind why they havn't done it yet. My ears work absolutely fine, but im addicted to loud music (So they might not keep working quite so well....), so i never hear what she has to say anyway. If you add people like me, to the pool of deaf/hearing impaired people....thats a gigantic number. Surely it wont take more than a couple hours for one person to mock up some Subtitles....Theres simply no reason not to, and a huge gain by doing it. If some people get annoyed, they can simply turn it off. No Harm, No Foul.

Hello, everyone. I am a big fan of warframe, and I think it's a really fun and clever game. I'm also deaf. That's right. I don't hear. I was born this way.

For the longest time while playing this game, I wondered why so frequently Lotus's portrait would pop up randomly, flicker, and disappear.

It was only after a little while of seeing the bosses like Vor and the Stalker having their pictures pop up with text, that I finally realized that Lotus? Was probably saying something. So I asked the other players and they said that yeah, Turns out she explains things like why there is fire everywhere, why my shields were at half-health for the whole level, or that we're in lockdown, or commentary about what a boss-fight is going to be like.

And because my ears don't work? I never heard any of that.

So I ask that maybe you consider, at least for some more important things like boss descriptions, mission descriptions, etc? You give Lotus some text, just like you do with the stalker and the bosses.

There are approximately 32 million hearing-impaired people in the world. As it happens, deaf and hearing impaired people, owing usually to the fact that they end up speaking the same language, end up becoming groups of friends. What's one of your biggest way of getting success for warframe so far? Word of mouth (or hand, in this case.) Exclude the hearing impaired from your game, and they're not going to bring it to their friends. Give the hearing-impaired an option to experience the game fully,  and they might even share it with their friends, bringing you more potential customers.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised they haven't added a caption system. Just about every modern game has subtitles of some kind. Not to mention some bosses rely on audio cues to make their attacks known, like whenever Jackal fires his batch of insta-death sticky grenades.

I like how the Stalker is done. He doesn't exact talk, but the portrait box has words to let you know what he's saying.

There should indeed be subtitles for the hearing inpaired.

Though, let me tell you you aren't missing anything with Lotus, she annoys the crap out of me and you can't make HER quiet without making the rest of the game's voices quiet too.

+1 for subtitles, every game should have this most basic necessity.

quoted for truth. You're not missing anything, but they should give players an option to have subtitles.