Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gravity in space

Pyromaniaque

So... I was wondering something, and was honestly surprised that nobody has come up with this question already.

Why do the warframes, grineer, corpus, stormtroopers, captain Kirk, commander Shepard, stand on their feet in their ships, without any kind of gyroscopic systems, nor magnetic shoes ?

So I suggest this, at least for Warframe, let's say there is a kind of void thingy in the lowest floors of ships, which generate gravitational fields (like the simulor orbs, but it's a field). Who's with me ?

Yep - what creeperman said. They obviously figured out a way to generate artificial gravity, without needing a big rotating wheel on their ships.

Or maybe we're supposed to take it as read that magnetic boots are standard issue with uniforms? Then again in one of the Star Trek (TNG) movies, they do make a big deal about magnetic boots when they have to do a spacewalk on the hull of the Enterprise...so maybe not...

I think the most surprising thing about that, for me, was that spacecraft hulls in the 24th century would be made out of ferrous / magnetic material. I always assumed it would be some exotic, futuristic composite with mind-boggling properties.

Possibly its a side-effect, or added benefit of warp engines, if you go down the "space folding" route, rather than actual FTL travel. This requires the generation of a massive gravitational field, in order to "fold" spacetime, allowing near-instantaneous travel from Point A to Point B.