Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Action Figures?

Dissidence

It's my thought that the general premise and the art style of Warframe would make for a perfect series of collectible action figures, and since I didn't see any other threads on this topic, I decided to make one myself.

Does anyone share the same feeling about this as me?  Imagine having an Excalibur, an Ash, or maybe even a Grineer Marine for variety's sake.

Perhaps even introduce weapon packs so people can give Rhinos giant axes and hammers or even give their Excal the Glaive for darkSector's sake!

I just think it would be cool and I want to know who else does too.

DE considers the game to still be in beta (which means it might be short lived) and you already want action figures? LOL

Even WOW took like 6 years before they wasted money, time and effort knowing people would buy overpriced plastic dolls. Imagine if DE spends tens of thousands to create these figures and nobody buys them. I see so many complain they cant afford $5 worth of plat so I cant see how the majority could afford this. And if DE wont produce them nobody else is going to invest in a F2P game that may end up being short lived. At this stage it's simply not and likely will never be an AAA title that everyone is standing in line to throw money at.

DE considers the game to still be in beta (which means it might be short lived) and you already want action figures? LOL

Even WOW took like 6 years before they wasted money, time and effort knowing people would buy overpriced plastic dolls. Imagine if DE spends tens of thousands to create these figures and nobody buys them. I see so many complain they cant afford $5 worth of plat so I cant see how the majority could afford this. And if DE wont produce them nobody else is going to invest in a F2P game that may end up being short lived. At this stage it's simply not and likely will never be an AAA title that everyone is standing in line to throw money at.

I think as popular as it is and the fact that it will be coming to a console as well (which means more players, more interest, etc.) gives this game a pretty good chance of staying around for a while to come.  I doubt DE would just throw in the towel anytime soon.

Those people that you see complaining that they can't afford Platinum aren't the ones you should give regards to concerning who can purchase what.  There are plenty of other people that can afford platinum, as well as overpriced figures, and yes, I agree that $20+ can be way more expensive than need be, but that's the world we live in today.  Boycotting a line of figures won't change that.

I understand that things like this take time too.  I was just creating a thread to generate interest and see who agreed.  It's not like I expect there to be Warframe figures on the shelf tomorrow, if at all.

So yes, I'd like to see a line of action figures some time down the road.  Is it really that laughable of a thing?

I think it would be pretty awesome.

At this point in time it's laughable is all i'm sayin.

Maybe 3-4 years after the game is out of Beta and someone takes it serious enough to bear the costs. Bandi and all those others wont touch a project like Warframe unless DE was paying them a big subsidy. Aside from the molds and tooling the distribution costs alone would cost many thousands. These companies don't want to sell ten or twenty thousand figurines they want to sell in the millions. At this point the game lacks the media hype needed to drive buyers outside of those who play to believe it's worth collecting. In another year or two maybe 3D printing will become fast and cheap enough DE could consider making something in house. Just look at Vindictus it's a freaking gold mine and it's parent is worth more money then EA yet they don't even have figurines.

At this point in time it's laughable is all i'm sayin.

Maybe 3-4 years after the game is out of Beta and someone takes it serious enough to bear the costs. Bandi and all those others wont touch a project like Warframe unless DE was paying them a big subsidy. Aside from the molds and tooling the distribution costs alone would cost many thousands. These companies don't want to sell ten or twenty thousand figurines they want to sell in the millions. At this point the game lacks the media hype needed to drive buyers outside of those who play to believe it's worth collecting. In another year or two maybe 3D printing will become fast and cheap enough DE could consider making something in house. Just look at Vindictus it's a freaking gold mine and it's parent is worth more money then EA yet they don't even have figurines.

And I understand that costs and popularity are big factors.

To quote my very first post:

I just think it would be cool and I want to know who else does too.

Just looking for some solid ground to meet people that might be interested in some of the same things as me.  I'm not saying "DE, get off yer butts and have figures made now!"

I'm saying it's a cool idea.  If you could get your hands on a decent figure (or statue, as some are saying) and didn't have to worry about whatever hell the company went through to get the thing in the market or how much the thing cost you to buy, then would you think it would be a nice thing to have or not?

Taking money and production out of the topic here.  Just the idea of the product existing and being available (whether it could be now or in the future) is what I'm gauging interest on.

EDIT:  Never did watch any of the Guyver series, save for the first couple of episodes.  Not that I didn't like it, just didn't have access, but those figs do look pretty sweet xD

Edited by Dissidence