The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nikanas are useless now.

(XBOX)Dark SalvationX

On 2018-07-05 at 5:16 PM, Spartan336 said:

My blade begs to differ. 

:HolyHellFireOnFire: 💯 

what, we had emojis? o.o

On 2018-07-06 at 1:22 PM, Nazrethim said:

As I said in the other thread: Yeah, regular Nikanas are useless, Zaw Nikanas build for slowest attack speed but maximum damage work wonders if you time your attacks right.

I feel that falling onto another problem to sovle the problem is a bad apporch.

Classic Nikanas are pretty strong with ash.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Nikanas are fine, just use a warframe that increases damage and and get good.

I also think being dependent on frames/abilies is also the wrong way to go about. 

hace 10 minutos, Cicadeus dijo:

:HolyHellFireOnFire: 💯 

what, we had emojis? o.o

I feel that falling onto another problem to sovle the problem is a bad apporch.

I am aware that Zaw weapons are too strong in general. But considering regular Nikanas, even the regular Nikana (slowest of the classics and therefore the highest damage) are nigh useless compared to other viable weapons, it's just the only way you can wield a Nikana and succeed.

I am in favor of having Melee weapons having their Stats normalized by type though (that is, All Nikanas share same stats, including Zaws. All heavy blades the same, etc etc).

Classic Nikanas are pretty strong with ash.

I Play Ash, with nothing but melee (shuriken is pointless and bs is pointless outside rare opportunities) and I can tell you not even his passive saves the classic nikanas, which actually pushed me to go build a Zaw Nikana just for Conclave. That's right, they are so weak that in order to use one and do well you have to go make a custom one specifically designed for Conclave, my Zaw Nikana is literally never used in PvE because of the way I built it, yet it's the only Nikana that is able to keep up with gunplayers in Conclave.

I also think being dependent on frames/abilies is also the wrong way to go about. 

This contradicts your previous statement about Ash's passive. And I agree with this.

Edited by Nazrethim
"Let me show you, you, who have forever seen the galaxy through the Force. See it through the eyes of the Exile." -Kreia, before Force Draining the Jedi Masters.

11 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

This contradicts your previous statement about Ash's passive.

Contradicts what and how?

I think dependencies aren't ideal here.

And I stated that I felt Classic Nikanas are over the edge with Ash in response to your opinion that:

On 2018-07-06 at 1:22 PM, Nazrethim said:

regular Nikanas are useless

11 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

I can tell you not even his passive saves the classic nikanas

I use classic Nikanas and Trinity and have had used ash a few times I can tell you that what you think is not what I feel. 

And I stated that I felt Classic Nikanas are over the edge with Ash in response to your opinion that:

I use classic Nikanas and Trinity and have had used ash a few times I can tell you that what you think is not what I feel. 

I've been using Nikanas since Conclave 2.0 started, and I can tell you they are the weakest they've ever been. Nikana Prime is a wet noodle, Dragon Nikana and Nikana don't have enough damage to counter their reduced speed by comparison to prime, and you won't live long enough to land a third or fourth combo required to get a kill. Ash's passive at best saves you a combo.

Melee weapons require damage enough to kill in 2 combos top.

Zaw Nikanas are closer to pre-nerf Nikana, except Nikana has more than 0.7 speed.

Edited by Nazrethim

17 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

weakest they've ever been

Yee. Still feels OP with Ash Imo.

third or fourth combo required

What.
Combos are tools, they are not required to be used in fullest or in succession.

Melee weapons require damage enough to kill in 2 combos top.

To my knowledge, there is not a single combo that cannot kill in 2 whole combos under reasonable conditions.

hace 7 horas, Cicadeus dijo:

Yee. Still feels OP with Ash Imo.

What.
Combos are tools, they are not required to be used in fullest or in succession.

To my knowledge, there is not a single combo that cannot kill in 2 whole combos under reasonable conditions.

If you use a Nikana Prime, you need 4 to get a kill (3 if the frame is a fully mobility squishy). 3 with Dragon Nikana or Nikana (haven't tried Umbra Ski blade). And that's playing Ash.

Pretty much the only way I found to get same kill rates as I get with other melees while using a Nikana, was to make a Zaw one.

i just love katanas. the new one that came out is so week i would like to ejoy being able to do damage. it was when the removed the multhit combo fromthe stance its selft that runined it. 40 slash dmg without that is not good. not that grate for a larger nikana, and why is it longer yet weaker and faster that all nikana. wtf. shouldn't it have more dmg and range with less speed? its the fastest weakest largest nikana, its not even good with ash.

ether return the stance or nikanas need like 85 dmg total to at least 4 shot ppl. and i dont want to use a zaw nikana. i just want to use the umbra sword. its very sexy. i been useing nikanas in cc over 2 years. 

all other melee can hit as many times as they swing in acombo, but not nikanas.

most melee take 4 5 or 6 hits but it happens all in like 2 combos as they slow you down by stuning.