Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loot Radar.

Towermice

It's supposed to show locations of breakable boxes, barrels, and containers which all contain loot such as rubedo and alloy plate.

It is entirely intentional. Your teammates should notify you of materials with the objective feature (default "G" key.)

Yay teamwork.

To be honest, loot radar is pretty useless. It does give you a heads up of what is around. But, if you explore the map, you don't really need it.

True, but it certainly saves me from having to explore said map so thoroughly, thus also saving me time with which to run more sessions.

Edited by Asbyn

yes currently loot radar ONLY shows breakable crates and the dead grineer bodies that you can loot for ammo/credits

I would LOVE to see loot radar get a massive upgrade and show ALL dropped loots and be color coded

ammo

credits

materials

mods

life

energy

explosive barrels (cant be red since enemies are already red with ENEMY RADAR artifact [sidenote: would be badass if enemy radar has different colors/symbols for different enemy factions/types])

so that's 7 different colors/symbols needed just for loot

yes that's a lot of work to change, but IT WOULD MAKE LOOT RADAR MUCH MORE VALUABLE AS A MOD, whereas right now it is a negligible convience at best

Showing more than it does might get a little crowded, especially when it comes to ammo drops. Thing is, even if you added a bunch more objects to indicate, it still wouldn't be that useful because containers are all predictable, and what drops from containers and enemies you see for yourself when they die. The only convenience I saw was being able to tell if there were containers in the side rooms at a glance instead of walking all the way into it.

Loot radar is invaluable to me when famring for mats. It saves a lot of time searching for crates, where I find the majority of components.

IMO, though, it should show dropped mats and mods. It wouldn't get too crowded showing those as you'd pick them up before it became an issue.